5.0 out of 5 stars Not much to look at, but serves it's purpose.
Published on July 20, 2010 by P-Nasty

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks can be deceived
Published on March 11, 2010 by Jonathan Selkirk

5.0 out of 5 stars Not much to look at, but serves it's purpose., July 20, 2010
This review is from: Timex Men's T45181 Expedition Analog-Digital Chrono Alarm Timer Brown Nylon Strap Watch (Watch)
I bought this watch for $25 before my deployment to Iraq. My watch has been subjected to conditions that were far worse than the average wearer would probably experience. Conditions such as extreme heat, fine dust, and complete submersion in different liquids have not even fazed this watch. I have even accidently knocked it against concrete walls and tactical vehicles with it staying fully intact. Being able to set different time zones is a great feature. I always knew what time it was back home. I am really not sure what people expect for $25, anything past the ability to tell time is an added bonus to me. While it won't impress any ladies with its looks, it is a great buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks can be deceived, March 11, 2010
Firstly, this watch looks better in the photo than it does in real life. It has a cheap plastic look and a flimsy feel and the band should be ashamed of itself. Now that I have the negatives out of the way let me roll in the positives. You get a good watch for the money with tons of features. Despite what other reviewers have said about bits and pieces breaking and falling off, I have not experienced this. My watch has held up very good.

I must admit that I only wear it once a week and have not subjected it to it's true purpose...outdoor activities.
As an avid collector and lover of wrist watches I rotate my stock.

Features: The alarm is quite loud, louder than my other expeditions, it actually wakes me up. The three times zones are useful for travelling. 24 hour countdown timer is very handy for those who need it, and although I don't use the rotating bezel, others may find this useful as a second timer, for whatever reason. All digital Expeditions have a stopwatch so nothing new there. Indiglo night light is adaquate, with the night mode feature being a bonus.

I have found this watch to keep very good time, only losing a few beats per month, like all Timex quartz watches.
I recomend this as a good knock around watch, but if you're looking for something really sturdy that will hold up well out in the field then look elsewhere . Go for G Shock or a Pathfinder or a Citizen Protek or the like.

All in all a good watch for the hard earned you will outlay.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Adventure Gear Watch for the price, January 18, 2007
The features in this watch are exactly what is required if you travel globally like me. The 3 time zones which can be set in this watch is a nice feature. The backlight is adequate and the alarm is loud enough to wake you up. The only reason i didnt give this watch a 5 is beacuse of the strap. Though a nylon strap feels good, its not my preferred choice.

But you can always replace the strap to any material you want afterwards, which i intend to do. Timex watches are always known for their long battery life and this watch doesnt dissapoint. I recommend this watch to anyone who likes adventure gear.

5.0 out of 5 stars simple and uncluttered, February 9, 2011
i had one just like it... and i lost it. it's why i bought another one. the analog tells me the time, and the digital tells me the date. it takes a bit of learning, but that's the same of any digital watch. and this has the best of both worlds!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good functionality, but not sturdy enough, January 22, 2013
Vladislav Skvortsov (Mountain View, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this item in January 2012 to use on occasional skiing and hiking trips, since I use my iPhone to look up time when I'm in the city. So I didn't wear them all the time, maybe every other weekend.

Overall I loved the look and functionality (I can't live without timers!). However a couple of shortcomings became immediately apparent.

First, the bezel rotates pretty easily (if you rub the sleeve against the watch, for example) so it's pretty useless when it comes to tracking time with it.

Second, it is pretty easy to pull the crown accidentally and mess up the time. This happened to me multiple times when I was taking my backpack off -- I would pull and rotate the crown and my time got screwed up!

And then finally I woke up one morning, took my watch and found out that the crown has just fallen off! It was less than a year of very light usage!

However, as I said, I really liked the functionality and the looks. So I bought myself a Timex Metal Combo as a replacement. It is a bit more expensive, there is no rotating bezel, but it's much more sturdy with the same functionality. I really like it so far (and it's really hard to pull the crown!!). It wasn't listed on Amazon, so I bought off Timex site directly. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Old Friend, December 12, 2011
I've owned three of these watches, they aren't pretty, but darn they work well.

A number of years ago, I decided to upgrade from this watch, and buy a Victronix Swiss Army watches that was a bit nicer looking. After going through four bands on that watch and the bands no longer available, I needed a new watch. Well, here you go, back to the old standby. In fact today, it's less expensive than what I paid many years ago.

The watch face is large and easy to read. I like the ivory color and the large analog hands. One requirement for me was two times on my watch. I travel a lot and I always set the analog hands to where I am and leave the digital time with home time. This watch works perfectly for that purpose. The band is nothing special to look at, it is functional. Both the analog and digital time is very accurate.

The packaging is super nice. Timex has done away with all the fancy plastic landfill packages and gone with a very simple red cardboard box. I like that a lot. No waste, no landfill garbage, just a well protected watch.

It's wonderful to be back with my old friend the Timex Expedition watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great work watch at great price, October 13, 2011
I got this Timex watch because the $100 brand "B" watch I purchased got water under the crystal when I washed my hands (not quite water resistant to 100 meters). I exchanged it for another brand "B" and within a week, more water under the crystal. The Timex is working great and no problem when I wash my hands. I should have gotten this watch first.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice design, May 25, 2010
I seem to be buying one of these every year or two, usually through my own abuse :) Like wearing it all the time, even in the shower and occasionally in salt water. For the price, this is a nice watch. I like the indiglo light and the alarm function. Just cool looking, too :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch!, November 20, 2009
I bought this watch for my teenaged son and he loves it. It is easy to set and the alarm is loud enough he uses it instead of an alarm clock in the mornings. The Indiglo feature is bright and easy to read. The general look of the watch is "cool" plus it has a nifty compass! Wish there was a smaller women's version.....

4.0 out of 5 stars It has easy to read contrast hands with bright luminous, December 12, 2014
Stylish and functional watch, medium-sized, for wrist no more than 19 centimeters.
It has easy to read contrast hands with bright luminous. Digits are a little bit small.