5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy
This is a great buy. Not only does it function well on many enviroments but it is also a low cost watch. I am a frequent diver and i used it on a 150 ft dive and its working just fine. Highly recomended product.
Published on February 6, 2007 by R. Calderon

3.0 out of 5 stars Moisture Condensation Inside Display Case
Published on August 21, 2011 by AmazonCustomer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, February 6, 2007
R. Calderon (Miami, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timex Men's T466019J Expedition Traditional Analog Silver-Tone Bracelet Watch (Watch)

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of The Best Watches I Own, June 3, 2009
I purchased this watch off a vendor of Amazon. The shipping was extremely fast, considering they used USPS Airmail. It arrived in only 6 calendar days, and I live on the other side of the planet!

I received the watch at my office, and since I didn't have my tools with me, I used a paperclip to resize the band to fit me. Had it all done in 5 mins and it was easy to do. Yes it is true that you can only adjust the band by removing or inserting links - there's no micro-adjustments on the clasp itself. It isn't a big problem because I own the Seiko Men's Kinetic Auto Relay Watch SMA011 which also only allows adjustments by removing or inserting links.

The watch has a nice clean face - the black numbers and hands contrasted easily with the silvery brushed-metal dial face. Day and Date calendar function is a bonus. However, note that the day doesn't change at midnight. It only switches over around 3am. The indiglo light works perfectly and lights up the whole face at night, offering excellent visibility. The crown is also a mite too sensitive - you can activate the indiglo unwittingly by bending your wrist back a little too far. You also don't really have to use the indiglo feature, because the hour and minute hands also glow throughout the night (at least 7 hours).

The bezel sports a "coin-edge" which makes gripping it very easy with only 2 fingers to turn it. It is unidirectional so it only goes one-way. I personally don't use it much, but it might be of note to some people who do. It has a nice heft to it - not too heavy like the Pulsar Men's Solar Powered Tech Gear Dive Watch #PUA111, but not light like a plastic watch too.

The only downside to this watch is that the second hand doesn't align correctly with the minute markings on the watch all the way around the dial. Not too big a deal for some people though. The hour and minute hands however, align with the minute markings perfectly.

The watch I received is slightly different from the image you can see here at the Amazon page - the numbers are "thicker", and there's a black border around the day-date window, which makes it more visible against the silver dial (check out my pictures).

Now, I wear this watch as my "everyday" watch, and I alternate between this and the Pulsar at whim.

Overall, excellent value! For a watch that costs under US$40, this is an amazing bargain! I would recommend this watch to my friends, definitely!

** Update 10 Jan 2012 **
I thought I'd come back and give an update on this watch. I have had this for 3 yrs now (time sure flies!), and not ONCE did it "lose several minutes to several hours", as some reviews mentioned. Yes, the bezel on my watch is moveable, and it goes only one way - anti-clockwise. Maybe Timex has decided to fix the bezel, but the one I have is moveable. It has a lot of minor scratches on the watchband and clasp itself by now, but the glass face is still in its pristine condition. Amazing, considering I even managed to scratch Seiko's "hardlex" materials on their watches.

My watch consistently gains 5 to 7 seconds a month now. Not the most "accurate" of all the watches I have ever owned, but nothing to worry about either. I have curious a habit of syncing my watches to atomic time monthly anyway so it isn't much of a problem for me.

It's still running on the original battery installed at the factory, and it is not showing any signs of "depleting" itself anytime soon. This watch is rated for a 10 yr battery life, according to some other watch sites that have specifications on this model, so I still have 7 years more to go on this battery under the most ideal conditions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looks, quality, and value, January 12, 2008
I've had my Timex Expedition for several months and I totally love it. It's not the cheapest watch out there (and that's a good thing). My wife had gotten me a low price Wal-Mart watch that looked similar to the Expedition for about $10. That was a piece of junk. I purchased this Expedition for about $37 on Amazon and am totally satisfied with the looks, workmanship, feel, and accuracy of this watch.

My Favorite Part of the Expedition: The clasp does not pop out under pressure like the cheaper watcher do--a quality that I really like.

5.0 out of 5 stars gotta love a timex, January 16, 2008
I have always had great experiences with Timex products, paricularly the
Indiglo watches. It is always hard to shop for a watch online but Timex
always meets or exceeds my expectations. This watch was no exception as
it is well built and heavier than I expected, which I like and the band
was easily adjustable. Overall if I was going to purchase another watch it would be a Timex.

3.0 out of 5 stars Moisture Condensation Inside Display Case, August 21, 2011
I brought this watch about 20 months ago. It took a beating from my kind of wear and it still kept on working nicely! However, it had tons of moisture condensation inside the display case. I think this occured after I kept this watch inside the bathroom during showers, it's not a good idea. I used a cig lighter to heat the display case/glass and it removed some condensation. This morning I kept the cig lighter on for too long and it melted the displays inside the case/glass! I had to throw it out. I would gladly buy this watch again but if I could find out how to deal with the condensation issue! other than that, this watch is a classic and reliable. Just don't keep it in the bathroom during showers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great look at a great price!, April 25, 2009
I bought the Timex Men's Expedition as a birthday gift for my son-in-law. While I liked what I saw on line, I wasn't sure it would look as terrific in person. As it so happened, I was with my son-in-law when he opened the box and the watch was perfect! It looks like a high end watch (my husband has decided he would like one now), has not only numbers you can actually read but the date is easily read as well. The stainless steel wrist band is substantial but not too heavy and has polished links on the outside of the band and a matt link inbetween which gives it a rich look. My son-in-law removed a couple of links so that it fit him better and he said this was very easy to do.

I have looked at a large number of watches on-line as well as in department stores. This watch surpassed all that I have seen and none of this quality came anywhere near this price.

I believe you'll be very satisfied with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and Fashionable, May 6, 2007
Purchased this watch for a handicapped friend, and it had to be tough enough to put up with abuse, and handle bangs and smashes. Thus far, this watch may be the one that will survive. Handsome design, and easy to read makes this watch a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timex Expedition Watch, February 17, 2008
I have only owned 2 watches in the the last 19 years and they were both made by Timex. I am looking forward to using my new Timex for the next 9 or 10 years. Both of my old watches had taken a lot of abuse before they had to be replaced. It is true what they say about a Timex watch. It takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just 1 problem, November 13, 2011
DH (Crystal Lake, IL, US) - See all my reviews
Overall, I am happy w/the watch. It was purchased to replace what I thought was an identical model purchased ~7 yrs prior. And it was identical except for a feature that is important in a watch rated for diving: the bezel is fixed...it does not rotate at all! I haven't contacted Amazon yet to see if it is a unique defect or if Timex intentionally changed to fixed bezels. If the latter, as a diver, & someone who likes to use a quick bezel twist as a short interval timer, I would have liked to know this prior to purchase. It would have affected my purchase, but may not be important to others. Just wanted to give a heads up. 1 star short of 5 d/t this, but keeps time well, very good price, & easy to set. I did have to get it sized by a Jeweler for $10.00 though. My old Expedition had links that I could manipulate myself. That seems to have changed along w/the loss of the movable bezel, so maybe 3.5 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars "rotating time ring" doesn't!, February 10, 2012
Wyoming Kid (Rawlins, WY USA) - See all my reviews
This is yet another Timex expedition that I have purchased. Nice looking watch and if it is like the others I have purchased it should be durable. BUT - just know that you will have to adjust the band - not as bad as it could be but still a hassle. I used small nails and a hammer to "push" the pins out and it went well. Now about the appearance - it is called and looks like a dive watch but the rotating time ring is ...well it isn't rotating. I did look at the specs and sure enough it does say bezel stationary. So - what is the point then? should have just left it off and made the watch more attractive. My bad - didn't read closely enough. Still I like the watch and we will see how it wears. Come on Timex - don't put a "rotating time ring" on that doesn't rotate. 3 rating.

Rate and Discover Movies