Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on October 21, 2008
At the risk of sounding like a snob, I never thought to purchase a Timex, in spite of the brand's long standing reputation for reliability at affordable prices. Most of my watch collection includes higher priced heirloom quality brands and models. I purchased this one using a Gift Certificate given to me by my employer. After just a few days I had discovered that I am glad I did.

This is a solid time piece. It appears outwardly to be well made and durable. I'm not sure how good the movement might be. Product specs reveal that the watch is made in the Phillipines and the strap is made in China.

Having said that, this is a good price for a shock-resistant and 100 Meter, (330 Ft), water resistant field watch. Timex, a world community manufacturer, has a great reputation for dependability and this is a good example of why. This is not a dive watch, but it is not intended to be one. It does one thing very well. It displays the time accurately and boldly, extremely readable in all light conditions, (The push-button "Indiglo" feature is awesome), and promises to be durable, rugged and well capable of providing years of faithful service in just about any kind of day to day use.

The case diameter is 40 to 42 MM depending upon where you measure it. The protective lugs at the knurled crown are a nice feature, usually found on more expensive brands and models. There is a rubber shock absorber between the stationary bezel and the case. Timex boasts a 10 year battery life, depending upon backlight usage. To my knowledge, no one else comes close to that with an analog quartz movement. If the watch lasts that long, it will have been worth the purchase price many times over. With a mineral crystal and well made leather band it really is a total package. This watch is manly in appearance, very comfortable on the wrist, and at a glance, it looks to be more expensive than it is. I have large wrists, but the watch and strap fit me comfortably with length to spare.

I am very happy with mine. If this is your style, you can't go wrong at this price.

Additional Note:

After more than 6 months since I made my purchase on this model, it has proven to be a real winner. It is the least expensive of any watch in my collection. And it is, HANDS DOWN, ABSOLUTELY THE MOST ACCURATE !!! The only one of my watches that comes close is my All Swiss Made "Swiss Army Aquagraph" dive watch, made by Wenger. (It too was bargain priced)

In six-plus months this watch has neither gained nor lost a single second, NOT ONE !!! I have no illusions about quality when dealing with low-priced Timex products. Most of my watches are considerably more expensive, and are, no doubt, better quality. But this one has been seeing alot of wrist time with me. Weightlessly comfortable to wear, attractive yet rugged in appearance -- Oh, and did I mention --- FLAWLESSLY ACCURATE !!!

I haven't put it to any kind of torture test. Not into that. But I would feel comfortable wearing this watch into any extreme field or work situation, especially considering the cost. From what I know of Timex, it would likely "Take a Licking and Keep On Ticking", laughing at my lack of faith.

If this is your style, get one -- you won't be sorry. It's one of the best low priced choices anywhere in the market.
55 comments|132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 1, 2008
this one is tough,accurate,and stylish.one of the best timex has ever made.wears well with any outfit and can take lots of abuse
on October 23, 2010
This is a really good looking watch for 50 bucks! I am a big guy and the watch does not get lost on my arm. It does not look cheap and the band is nice and looks like it will wear very well. The watch keeps perfect time and seems to be very durable and well made. The quartz movement has a strong sounding tick and the backlight dial feature works great. I would recommend it to anyone that is looking for an all around everyday wear watch that will not cost you much money. My buddy cracked up when he saw it. He said "Is that a Timex?, Man that is a great looking watch!
on May 4, 2011
This Timex embodies everything I have come to expect...it definitely takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

I use this watch on a daily basis. As an HVAC technician, it gets to work in the hot florida humidity. Crawling through attics and crawlspaces, reaching into air handlers and condensers, getting dunked into puddles of questionable water, even getting brushed by my oxyacetylene torches (once)...this thing keeps great time. The case is durable..it has some dings and scrapes, but it still looks good (I think it adds character)

As far as water resistance, I swim in pools and at the beach with this thing almost every weekend. Ive done so for about two months and there is yet to be any condensation or any other signs of water intrusion.

The leather band is amazingly durable for being leather...typically leather bands rot and stink after being soaked a few times, but this one is still flexible and soft. The ends of the stitching started to fray on me, but I just removed them all together (they are only cosmetic, the band holds together fine without them)

One point of dissatisfaction that some may find is that although the indiglo feature is great, it tends to get activated inadvertently if you bend your wrist back and exert even the smallest amount of force on the crown. However, I've overcome this by wearing the watch slightly higher than normal.

Overall, its a great watch, tough, and cheap enough so when you break it, you wont feel bad.
on December 10, 2014
Like the watch but only had it two months and the knob to set the time etc. just fell off and won't go back on. I heard it hit the hard wood floor or I wouldn't have even known it fell off. I was not even touching it. Now I find out I only had 30 days to return it. Never had this ever happen with a watch before in my life and thats a long time!
review image
on December 10, 2013
I have been using this watch for about half a year. First off, I would just like to say how much I like the look and feel of this watch. I knew it was the watch I was going to buy right when I saw it. It looks both sporty and classy, and feels like it is made of high quality materials. The strap is thick leather and is soft. What attracts me to Timex watches is their INDIGLO feature which I find very useful. If this illumination is to soon fail, I would be very disappointed.

For me the biggest drawbacks to this watch is the ticking sound of the "second" hand. It's quite loud when I compare it to my Guess and Kenneth Cole watch, and it is uncomfortable to have it close to my ears when I'm sleeping. I normally like to place my watch next to me on my nightstand but I don't with this one. Another annoyance is that the dial is white and back color is ivory which means it can take a while for me to find exactly what time the dial is pointing to; I think that this would be a big concern for people with bad eyesight. This watch is also very heavy! Might keep moving side to side for people with smaller wrists like me. To be honest, its uncomfortable to wear because of this. People with bigger wrists may have no problem however. I feel like most watches are made way too big these days, its hard to find one that doesn't take up so much space on your wrist and get in the way of things.

Overall I think that it looks nice, is priced nicely
on October 7, 2015
2 STARS FOR SUCH A STRAIN TRYING TO READ THE TIME. Worst watch ever for reading time. I'm returning it ASAP! Best watch ever for the wonderful function of the indiglo light - the white back is the reason.

Anyway, I PUT MY 6YR OLD WATCH BACK ON AND CAN INSTANTLY READ THE TIME.

PLEASE NOTE - TIMEX CHARGES DOUBLE THE PRICE $60.00 IF YOU WANT THIS SAME WATCH WITH BLACK BACK SO YOU CAN READ THE TIME.
Model # T49451 - how do ya like them apples??

I'm 63yrs old and over the years have always had several expensive high end watches in my inventory for major functions. For everyday use I have been choosing a Timex because they are so reliable, accurate, decent looking, indiglo light, and most of all have never failed me.

OKAY - THAT SAID, THE FOLLOWING ARE MY PRELIMINARY OBSERVATIONS OF THIS WATCH:

A) Extremely difficult to remove the watch and instructions from the plastic case. I ended up busting everything but the watch. lol!
B) Instructions were in such fine print I found them to be impossible to read without a magnifying glass. Worthless!!

C) NOW THE WATCH. - Major complaint I agree has merit is very difficult to read the time at a glance or even with a long look!!
TERRIBLE !! Nice looking watch but virtually impossible to read the time with White Hands on White Back - how stupid is that?! A simple different color dot placed on the hands would fix this. Major Annoyance !! I really wanted to keep this watch but after a full day of straining to read the time I decided I'm returning it.

It flat out amazes me with these billion dollar companies they continue to employ some designers/ quality control people that are DUMBER THAN A BOX OF ROCKS!!

D) This Watch Truly Is Very Attractive Along With A Very Simple Clean Look.

E) Leather Strap Is Excellent Quality.

F) I Noticed Virtually No Loud Or Any Annoying Ticking Sound As Other Reviewers Have Complained About.

G) The Indiglo Light Does Work The Best Of All Other Timex Watches I've Owned - but this is the first watch I ever purchased with the white back and I'm sure that's the reason.

H) Noticed Only The Very Slightest Difference In Size & Weight Of This Watch Verses All Other Expedition Watches I've Owned Over The Years So Don't Really Understand Why Some Reviews Are Saying The Face Is So Big And Heavy.

I) Measurements:
* Face - Approximately 41mm Overall Diameter.
* Thickness - Exactly 1/2" inch.
* Overall Length - 10" inches.

J) Weight - Approximately 60grams/2oz

K) Date Function - I wish they would just eliminate them from all watches. Never use it - just a big pain in the butt for me - so no comment.

So if you want a nice looking watch on your wrist but don't mind straining to figure out what time it is - this is the watch for you.

THAT'S IT FOR NOW - Hope I Helped Somebody.
on October 25, 2013
I owned this watch for many years and lost it. It was a great watch. I ordered the same watch on amazon and the crown didn't work properly so I returned it for another just like it. The second watch was also defective ....the indiglo light didn't work. So I'm retuning it for a refund. Must have been a bad batch.
on November 7, 2014
Inexpensive and rugged and has been accurate and reliable. However for someone needing reading glasses, the white-on-white for hands against background makes very difficult to read except in excellent light (or with reading glasses on). Would be great if hands were black, but I suppose that would not fluoresce.
VINE VOICEon August 4, 2010
I have really been pleasantly surprised by this watch. I have been accustomed to wearing Swiss-made watches and originally got this one that I could consider disposable, one I could beat up on, scratch, dent, and basically not expect much out of. Snobby, I know. Imagine my surprise, then, when I opened the box and found that the watch was actually on the handsome side, with a nice and apparently well-made leather band. (I don't think much of the strap-catch, however, as it's too loose to stay put) Its face is attractively off-white - I'd call the color 'bone' for lack of a better descriptive. The finish is nice and it comes with a decent crystal for the face. The watch itself is toward the heavy side, but not overly so, in my opinion. I would consider it masculine and it is, after all, the men's expedition field version.

Imagine my further surprise when the darn thing kept perfect time no matter what I did to it. Turns out, I wear it all the time and I'd get another one in a heartbeat if this one ever stops working. What a great surprise! Unreal value for the price, really. In addition to glow-in-the-dark hands, there is a date-in-the-window, and it is water resistant to 100 meters. On top of all that, it had the Indiglo feature that backlights the entire face in a cool, easy to see blue light.

As I said, my only gripe, which is negligible, is that the small leather loop that is meant to secure the strap, the one that floats loose on the band, that is, is too soft and flexy. It continuously slips off the end of the strap. No biggie.

All in all, I have found that this watch is handsome, practical, tough, and keeps accurate time. When you consider the price, this really is a tremendous value. It's not a dress watch, but I wear this one wherever I go. Highly recommended.