Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Timex® Men's Camper Watch T49713
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Black/White|Change

on April 16, 2010
My dad wanted a watch. He is very old and cannot deal with digital watches. He also cannot wear metal wrist bands. He also cannot maneuver wrist buckle straps. So I decided to order this for my dad. He loves this watch. It is easy to take on and off with the velco strap. It is easy to set. It lights up at night. The dial is just the right side. The numbers are clear and there is a sweep hand. He is crazy about this watch. After a few months, he lost this watch at the nursing home. So I ordered a second one, without delay.
on March 30, 2006
This watch is wonderful and has great features. It's easy to put on and take off and the nylon band is comfortable. The face of it is easy to read and it has a great indiglo light that just uses the set button. It's great to have the date on the face as well. Best of all it's durable. I have knocked it into walls, stepped on it, sat on it, and banged it into numerous surfaces and it came out with little despair. It's definitely a good watch for the outdoors. Timex makes a good watch and this is no exception. I love it, it's just a cool watch.
on December 7, 2011
I bought this watch as a "sports/toss-around" watch to wear when doing athletic activities and "manual-labor".
I must say, my only two "complaints" are the crystal scratched pretty easily and I have a hard time seeing the date function in the dark, even with the INDIGLO feature.
As far as the crystal scratching easily is concerned, I didn't really notice it until after spending a whole day in the woods cutting down trees and lugging wood around. The scratches are hardly noticeable (in my opinion) and do not hinder my ability to read the time quickly and efficiently, especially in low/no-light situations.
The date function isn't really important to me to begin with so not being able to read it in the dark is a non-issue for me, but I thought I'd mention it in-case it is important to someone else.
I think one more thing I should mention, and I see this as a reoccurring issue in all analogue watches, is that the date constantly ends up being a day off here and there. Although, this is because the date function on analog watches have either thirty or thirty-one day dials with no ability to choose the month you are actually on. So, this just means that once a month you're going to have to manually change the date, which only takes about 30 seconds (that includes taking the watch off your wrist, changing the date, and then continuing to put the watch back on).

Last, but not least, I think this watch is nice/functional enough to give to my Grand-Father for Christmas.
Hope this helps you make a decision as to the quality of this watch.
on January 15, 2007
The watch came in the mail and I set the correct time and forget it. I love that the hands can be seen in the dark and just push the crown and get the green dayglo light to see even better. Since I have poor vision without my glasses, I can now tell what time it is during the night. My only complaint is that the date number is too small.
on April 4, 2007
Let me start off by saying,I have been wearing wrist watches for some 5o+ years,and all my watches have been Timex. Although certainly not the most expensive,they are without a doubt one of the most dependable and accurate watches money can buy.This watch is just as described,indiglo lighted dial and luminus hands to see in the dark. Would like to have a little bit larger date to make reading it easy? The strap is a fast strap with velcro closers.These straps have worked quite well for me,this is the 3rd. watch they have been on.
on August 23, 2006
I had a few requirements when buying this watch: indiglo (or similar night light feature), lightweight, velcro strap, and cheap. This watch meets all the requirements. I like to be able to wake up in the middle of the night and know what time it is, and this watch is perfect for that. The velcro strap makes it comfortable to sleep in, wrap on a beach bag handle, pull off quickly in a pinch, etc. etc. My one quibble with it is that the velcro is getting a little hairy and unruly. I cannot see it lasting as long as the watch itself. Still -- a minor criticism. I'd buy another one.
on January 18, 2011
This is a great basic watch. It's face is clean and easy to read, especially good for baby boomers with older eyes! The Timex "indiglo" is a wonderful feature. It looks neat on the wrist, with easy velcro strap. After years of fussing with watches with too many features that are hard to access, it was great to find an old standard.
on October 16, 2011
I am 67 years old and just wanted a plain old easy to read, easy to set, dependable watch. Well this is just what the Dr ordered. Nice big numbers and hands, that really glow in the dark and it keeps good time. Only improvement I would make would be to have the date window bigger, it is hard for old eyes to see sometimes. I love that it only has one button to mess with, that one does it all with a push getting u the bright back-light. My kind of watch!!!
on January 10, 2011
IF you are an outdoors type, wanting a watch that's not too big, easy to read day or night, with a sturdy web band and velcro-----this is the ticket. I have been looking for the perfect watch for a long time and this is it for me. It's nice looking for casual dress and tolerant of heat and cold with the nice web band. I should have quit buying leather, metal, and plastic bands when I quit buying leather seats for my vehicles!!!! I am thinking about ordering another in case they quit making this style.
on July 10, 2007
I bougt this watch for my husband who is very tough on his watches. He loves it and so far it has held up to the abuse of a construction worker.