4.0 out of 5 stars great watch
not surprises here. looks good, the night light makes seeing the watch face very
easy, also setting the watch is easy to do.
Published on December 26, 2009 by jack p

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed
I have always liked Timex watches. This one had a great feature in that it had the classic styling of a watch with hands, plus the added benifit of a digital watch and features. Plus, I needed the additional feature of being able to see two different time zones at once since I am deployed to Afghanistan.

After 2 weeks of wear, the watch still looks like new...
Published on December 24, 2011 by Joe

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, December 24, 2011
This review is from: Timex Men's T49741 Expedition Analog-Digital Black Fast Wrap Velcro Strap Watch (Watch)

After 2 weeks of wear, the watch still looks like new but the hands stopped moving. I have never had a problem with Timex before, but this definitely makes me rethink Timex watches.

1.0 out of 5 stars Timex Trail Series Resin Combo T49741, February 8, 2012
Andy Smith (Saratoga Springs, NY) - See all my reviews
I have worn nothing but Timex watches for the last 20+ years and they have all been durable, reliable, rugged and good looking watches-until now. I purchased this watch approximately a year ago (NOT from Amazon) after the last Timex analog/digital combo (which lasted 7 years) I owned had it's bezel break off. I went with this watch because it was a good looking watch and I liked the analog/digital combo look and features. I wear it every day to work, but it doesn't get beat up. Up until a month ago I was very happy with this watch and never gave it a second thought. Recently however, the analog part of the watch has been malfunctioning. The hand will stop moving (but the digital part works fine still), and then when I tap the case they start moving again. This might happen once a day, or once every 10 minutes. I replaced the battery (which ticked me off since the watch is less than a year old), but this wasn't the problem. I was going to send this to Timex for repair, but their terrible warranty service has me thinking I might not ever buy a Timex again. In addition to ME paying to get the watch TO them, they want $8 to send the watch back to me. So that is about $16 to send in a $35 watch to have it fixed less than a year after I purchased it. Timex needs to step up to the plate and take care of its customers. If I call with a warranty issue, they should send me a prepaid padded envelope to send the watch in AND they should fix it and send it back. At this point I am going to buy a new watch and use my 20 year old Timex digital (that still works with only 2 battery changes)until I can get enough money saved up to buy a nice Seiko or Citizen. I will never buy a Timex again. So disappointed at how poor this company has become.

4.0 out of 5 stars great watch, December 26, 2009
easy, also setting the watch is easy to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timex, December 29, 2011
Being in the garbage industry you use your hands arms and legs a lot moving carts or containers , so you tend to bang, bump or brush your watch while working.This watch is very sock resistant. The Velcro Fast wrap is great for on and off application if it gets caught on something The one thing I can say about this Timex is that it takes a licking and keeps on ticking , this is a great work watch !

4.0 out of 5 stars Timex Expedition Analog +Digital velco strap watch, September 22, 2009
I have worn Timex Expedition watches for 10 or more years and love their features. The feature I like most is the countdown timer. I use it for power naps. This watch is the first one I have had with analog and digital. It all works fine although the small digital display is a bit hard to read now that I am past 50 and have become more far sighted. The night time illumination feature makes it easy to tell the time in the dark. I would buy this watch again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap useless crap, October 26, 2013
I just bought one of these and had high hopes - those hopes have died! This is a light weight, flimsy, plastic piece of junk. The first problem is that it does NOT have a day/date display; are you kidding me??? Who would even make a watch with a digital display window and NOT include a day/date display??? Second problem: You are NOT allowed to push the buttons or try to actually use the watch while underwater (according to the directions). The literature stated that the watch was waterproof to 100 meters so I was planning to use it while diving so I wouldn't be the last guy back to the boat. Third problem: The acrylic face cover sits flush with the top surface where it will be scratched in a matter of days. I studied the photos carefully and thought the cover sat recessed below the top surface where it would be protected a bit. This will be up on e-bay later today for a few bucks to help offset the cost of a new and better watch.

3.0 out of 5 stars Design Flaws Keeps This Watch At 3 Stars, July 6, 2013
I have been wearing a Timex Expedition for many years. It looks a little worn, but it still works well, and I love the functionality. I bought the new Expedition for purely aesthetic reasons.

My old Expedition has a glass "crystal" that is recessed below the surrounding metal frame. The new Expedition has a plastic crystal that sits slightly higher than the metal frame allowing it to be easily scratched (it took me less than a week.) The watch is covered by the warranty, the crystal is not (Timex will replace the crystal for $10.)

Also, the end of the Velcro strap on my old Expedition is slightly tapered to prevent it from scraping the underside of my wrist, which is exactly what happens with the watchband on my new Expedition.

If you are thinking about buying one-- maybe you should buy two. This way, you will always have one watch to wear while Timex is replacing the crystal on the other one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, March 26, 2012
Mykers (Fullerton, Ca) - See all my reviews
I am surprised. I didn't really have high expectations for this watch due to the nature of why I needed it.

Why you ask? Well, I have two young kids. Most of my time is spent on the ground with the youngsters. I needed a watch that could handle the abuse and was cheap. I chose this watch more or less based on the appearance and the digital clock along with the analog.

I give both kids a bath every night and my hand is mostly submerged in water between holding the toddler up and playing toys with my son afterwards. I have dropped this watch 6 times, banged it hard passing by a wall several times, and spilled shower cleaner on it.

The watch performs very well, and has not missed a tick. I read previously about individuals having issues, but I have not one to report. I do recommend this watch to anyone looking for a watch that will take a lot of abuse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for., May 12, 2014
I had a hard time looking for a watch with easy to read dial and a multi-function, digital chronograph. Also hated my old watches metal band. THis one has a very comfortable strap that closes with velcro. Feels great on my wrist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, June 19, 2014
This watch is so light, which is good.
The fast wrap evlcro strap is so confortable.
I really recommend to buy this one.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›