5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch!
This watch brings together a number of elements that I like in a digital watch.

The watched as pictured on Amazon does not do it justice. It looks a lot better in person.

Published on August 21, 2011 by Andrew Ancel

3.0 out of 5 stars meh, it's ok.
Published 5 months ago by Tin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch!, August 21, 2011
This review is from: Timex Men's T49753 Expedition Rugged Digital Black Resin Strap Watch (Watch)
This watch brings together a number of elements that I like in a digital watch.

It does have the green background that you see with many Timex digitals. I like it because it reflects the glare and makes it easy to see. That is an issue I have with the 1440s which are a nice value and easy to read but they can be tough to see when there is a lot of light. Not a problem with this watch.

The numbers are easy to read. They aren't huge but they are readable. At my age vision is becoming a bit of an issue, but again, no problems with this watch.

The indiglo button is at the bottom of the watch face flush against the bezel. So when it is dark it is easy to find and press to bring out the back light. What the other reviewer said about it being positioned to be accidently pressed is true but I'd rather deal with that versus trying to figure out which of the four function buttons to push when it is dark and want the light on to see the watch numbers.

This watch has the whole basic suite of functions, alarm, timer, second time zone etc. I use the alarms a lot so this watch having three of them works well for me.

I like the silver bezel. It gives the watch IMO a nicer look than say an all black watch though there is certainly nothing wrong with those- personal tastes...

If you are going to have a sports watch and possibly take it in the water then water resistance to 300 feet is nice. Few people will ever go into water that deep, at least on purpose. But that the watch can go that deep indicates a well constructed watch.

It is a relatively light watch that is very comfortable. I have a couple of large ironmans and four g-shocks and I like all of them. But they are a bit heavy on the wrist and bulky especially when wearing long sleeve shirts, jackets, fleece - you get the drift...

The watch is a nice blend of comfort, functionality, ruggedness with a decent look. Obviously if you want an elegant/classy look an analog is probably more practical. But I like digital sport watches because I do like functionality and a rugged watch and this one IMO is a very good one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use, comfortable, inexpensive, one small problem, March 29, 2011
Overall I like this watch and the price is very reasonable. The band is very comfortable. The controls are easy to use and more intuitive compared to watches I've had in the past. I really like the + and - for adjusting time. Time2 is useful as I can set it to a different timezone for when i travel. The time display is large and very easy to read. I like the bright green color at certain angles. My one complaint is that the Indiglo button sits so high above the bezel that I inadvertently press it sometimes and have even pressed it long enough to switch it to night mode by accident.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rugged styling, simple operation, band is easy to swap out, November 13, 2013
Brian Welch (Lilburn, GA United States) - See all my reviews
I like the generally rugged styling, without being as bulky as some of the other rugged-looking watches. I also really like the LCD display, which is perfectly readable in direct sunlight, unlike many LCD's. The controls are intuitive, if you are familiar at all with digital watches. I haven't read the manual but can change time, alarms, use the stopwatch, etc.

So, what is there not to like? The resin band, for one thing. As resin bands go, this is one of my favorites. However, it's still a resin band so I don't expect more than 3 years out of it, even with tender loving care. The good thing is that the pins are standard 19mm so finding a replacement band will not be a problem when the existing band breaks. The only other beef I have is the face, which scratches easily. The bezel is raised a bit more than the face, so it provides a little protection, but the face has already been scratched from being bumped against the corner of a desk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Impressed in Almost Every Aspect, September 19, 2013
Something about the shape and fit of this watch make it extremely attractive while it's actually being worn.
I thought it looked ok enough for less than $20 on Woot when I got it, but man I enjoy this watch a lot more than I should lol.

First off, the thing is the most simple watch to configure I've had (barring analogue, obviously).
Secondly the watch is extremely comfortable and sturdy feeling. The smooth resin feels nice on the skin without tearing out arm hairs. The little free floating band-holder thing also has a slot for a raised section on the end of the band which keeps it from slipping off.

Overall the watch seems pretty sturdy and rugged, as the Expedition line should. It's very comfortable, lightweight, and pretty stylish in my opinion, which are usually the deciding factors on a watch for me. I got this one for backpacking so it's great for my needs. It even has stopwatch features which I probably will never use but could be useful if I knew more survival techniques or to time the cooking of my meal.

The only real complaint I have is the "Indiglo" function, which is only useful from a specific angle. It's a pretty natural angle, but limits it's usefulness in my opinion.

All in all for my first Timex I'd have to say I'm thoroughly impressed. I personally doubt I'd get a G-Shock again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does everything; looks good; strong and comfortable band, August 27, 2013
N. Ardle (Ann Arbor, MI USA) - See all my reviews
This is my second time having this exact watch. I had one of these for 3 years before the band broke. There is nothing you can do to prevent the resin band from eventually breaking, but this band is much thicker and lasts longer than other resin banded watches I've had.

When the band breaks you will not be able to find the same band to replace it with. But, the watch is so cheap on Amazon that I don't mind paying every 2-3 years to get another one.

I like the color scheme of this watch. It's fairly tough, though the silver ring is relatively soft plastic and will scratch or indent.

I love all the functions of this watch. I like using the alarm on the watch when I need to keep my phone off at night when backpacking with limited recharging ability for my phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bad price! Great watch, September 11, 2013
Well,my watch came it but was dismayed when the first thing i saw was a price sticker, "29.99 Everyday Target". I paid $41 dollars, and when i went to write this review it was 36 dollars! But the watch is Great, functional and with a more traditional look and heft unlike the futuristic bubbly iron-man watches. I love my Iron-man watches but the straps would wear and break, probably because i wear them 24/7. Now i can replace the straps with ease. But every penny counts, so go to your nearest Target.(sorry Amazon) 4 stars because the bevel is flush with the screen! WHAT!

3.0 out of 5 stars meh, it's ok., September 27, 2014
I bought this watch in February of 2014. The indigo light stopped working 27September14. Other than that it is a ok watch. I wish timex would last just a bit longer. My timex watches usually only last me about 2 years. Most the time it is the band that goes out. I am disappointed the indigo light stopped working. Also, the buttons are extremely sensitive and it can be annoying. Any time I bend my wrist it will press the buttons. So I take a star off for the indigo light failure and one star for the extremely sensitive buttons. Overall it is just an ok watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, for work., July 13, 2014
This watch is very easy to read, and its backlighting, when you push a bar on the front, is very bright. Exactly what I needed, for work. The strap has an end nub that is engaged by the small band around the strap, and that helps keep it from opening on the job. Nice feature.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect watch for me., June 17, 2014
Exactly what I needed. This band will last and last. Large numbers for easy viewing. Fits my wrist perfectly. Yep.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed., June 11, 2014
This watch has everything I was looking for. As one who is guilty of sometimes hitting the snooze button on my alarm clock, I LOVE the fact that this watch (as well as some of the other Timex Expedition watches) features 3 alarms. This way, I can stagger one to ring shortly behind the other, just in case I don't get up when the first one goes off. Being able to set two different times (in case you want to check the time in another time zone) is another nice feature, though I am unlikely to use it. The best thing about this purchase was the price. This was very affordable, particularly what some brick and mortar stores would want for such a watch.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›