Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on December 5, 2012
I bought this watch about six weeks ago and love it! It has tons of style, it's easy to read for us nearly blind folks and it's a Timex! It is a large and very heavy watch but that weight screams quality! It is approximately 1-3/4" in diameter and 1/2" thick, which seems to be pretty standard for watches, in this day and age. I'm a fairly small person, at 5'7" with a medium build, but it looks fine on my wrist. The crystal is so clear, it's nearly invisible. One feature that you would never know about until you see it up close is that the case sides are knurled to match the pattern of the center links in the band. You can't see this detail in the photos above. I have found this watch to be very accurate; I have a Guess Water Pro that I set my Timex to and they are still right on the minute with each other after six weeks.

The Indiglo feature isn't what I expected, (it's kinda like a negative of a photo, not a back light) but it's functional, plus the hands are luminous, so given enough light to gather, they glow on their own.

The only negative that I can find is with the watch band, it only adjusts by taking out links, it has no micro adjustment and it's either a little tight or loose enough to slide up over my wrist joint. So, I keep it a little tight.

All in all, it's a fine watch that I would recommend. I hope it lasts for the rest of my life.
review image review image review image review image
22 comments19 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2013
I've owned quite a few aviation chronographs over the years - everything from Omega to Nationally advertised $49.95 watches, and none has worn as well or per formed as well, not to mention just kept on running as long, as this Timex.
This watch has survived concrete patching, black topping, automotive work, tractor modification , rock splitting and stacking, dry walling, tree planting, tree pruning, trips to Moab, hiking in Yosemite and flying to and driving throughout Germany, Switzerland and Austria -- it has never had problem one and has kept perfect time, and it's good looks, up to the present date.
After two full years of use and abuse, I would not hesitate to recommend the Timex T49825DH -- no visible damage and it purrs like a puma. Even my G-shock couldn't measure up.
on September 28, 2014
This Timex T49825DH is a very attractive watch. I like the weight of it but the very lightweight steel band doesn't feel right with the heavy watch. It's out of balance. Maybe it's me being old and not appreciating new materials. I didn't get a chance to put this watch to the test since the crown (D button) wouldn't work right to light up the face. I'm not sure what was wrong. The battery was working but the Indiglo feature would just flash for a second. I may take another chance on this later on since I really do like it.
For large guys - if you're the size of a NFL lineman this will probably fit you. I have large wrists and this band still would have needed one or two links removed to fit snug. The band's lightness and noisy nature it makes doesn't really go well with loose band wear like some people prefer.

I gave it 3 stars. I want to be fair and concede that I have not been able to give it a longterm test but not working out of the undamaged box is bad. Imagine if it were a gift being opened on a birthday or on the holiday of your choice. But hey nobody's perfect. It may be that I was just unlucky. If I decide to buy this again I will update this review. There are some very nice looking similar Timex models that are solar and have builtin thermometers and compasses that sound really appealing. For now I'm spending a bit more and going with a Suunto Core. There are a lot of really high quality daily driver workhorses coming from Timex, Casio, Seiko and a few other manufacturers in the $90-$300 range.
on July 30, 2012
this is a really large watch!!... I'm 6 foot, 198 pound guy and this watch although looks really cool.. is huge, thick and weighty.. very thick.. best if you are a large wristed guy,,I'm not sure I can even get this band to get small enough to hold the weight in one place....It's heavy!!!!
on February 10, 2012
I was looking for an all black SS watch that looked cool, yet didn't want to pay big bucks. Well, here it is and I am pleasantly surprised. Most importantly it is NOT cheap looking. It appears and feels more expensive than it is. Also, very masculine; the watch is a nice size on the wrist. THe indiglo lite function is really cool when reading the dial in the dark. Had the watch a week, but I would recommend it.
on July 30, 2015
I have two other Timex Expedition watches and they are all stylish and rugged, but this one is by far the best looking; and the bezel actually rotates. The two I have already keep superb time compared to an atomic radio signal clock, only gaining or losing one or two seconds per month. One cautionary note. I had to remove four links from the watch band to make it fit and it was difficult since the band is held together with press fit pins. I just happen to have the right tools to permit hammering these pins out without damaging the band, but most people will not have the right tools. Be prepared to take he watch to your local mall boutique watch person or to a full service jeweler. Both are likely to charge a token fee, probably $10 to $20 to fit the band to your wrist. It is worth it however as this is a fine looking watch. I have several expensive watches including two Omega's and a Rolex Submariner and this is a match for any of the three.
on October 30, 2014
Some other reviews said that the watch was too big and heavy. Although it is a substantial watch, I think it is about right. It's a great looking watch if you like the military look. There are no fake dials and buttons. Everything works and has a purpose. I particularly like the Indigo lighting. The outer bezel ring moves around the watch face, but I had to go on the internet to really understand how to use it. Something that I will not likely use often. The instructions included with the watch did not give any information on the ring. The instructions for shortening the bracelet band were unclear and or the wrong ones for this watch band and I had to go back to the internet to see how to do it. Unless you are a linebacker for the NFL, you will need to take a few links out of the band. Overall the watch is exactly what I have been looking for over the last couple of years. Looks great and works well.
on April 16, 2015
This is truly a great watch for the price. Very rugged. Well built. Black stainless looks great. The band is very large and required removal of some links (had it done at the local watch shop) I especially like the size, as it is very easy to read for those w/ challenged sight. The nightglow feature works very well, allowing the user to see the time in the dark. Very satisfied and would not hesitate to recommend. Enjoy your purchase. You won't regret it.
on October 5, 2015
I've had this watch for about 5 months now and wear it all day every day. It's great. It's got a lot of heft and a great look. I've gotten tons of compliments on it. Highly recommended.
on March 19, 2014
I like the style and wrist band on this watch. The indego light works great in the darkness. Easy to read face..