Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on November 29, 2014
You know how sometimes you've owned something for years but when it's time to replace it what's being offered now just doesn't come up to the standards of the original? Plus ... it cost more? I bought this exact model of watch 5 years ago and when I say I'm rough on a watch I mean it. I work outdoors providing lawn care services and performing landscape installation. That means I'm getting dirty and muddy or wet and using my hands all day long operating gas-powered equipment or hand tools or bales of pine mulch or potted plants. The first Expedition I bought accompanied me everywhere from three feet down in a muddy hole where a 50-gallon tree would be planted ... to twenty-five feet up a ladder and into a tree where I was pruning limbs ... to six feet under water repairing an 8" broken PVC pipe connected to a client's lakeside irrigation system.

Finally after 5 years of abusing the heck out of it (and it outlasting three pairs of steel-toed work boots) the crystal had become scratched enough that it was difficult to read the time. And the band loop had torn loose. I looked & looked around from store to store for the same watch, saw some that were kind of like it but they just weren't the same nor did they cost the same. What did I expect 5 years later, right? Then it hit me. Surely there's a watch vendor out there with the same model Expedition watch and surely Amazon will find it for me. So I flipped my old watch over, found the model number, typed it in, found it in seconds on Amazon, ordered it and ... one week later ... old things CAN BE new again! And the cost? The same I paid for the original Expedition 5 years ago. By the way, although roughly worn and without a band loop, the older Expedition is still running and is packed away in my Bug-Out bag as a trusted backup to my newer one.
on April 28, 2011
This is an excellent watch. Looks good/comfortable and well designed. I wear glasses and need an analog type watch especially at night. One that I can see without the glasses. The INDIGLO feature of this watch is excellent for night viewing as long as you have good closeup vision or are wearing your glasses. Without either the contrast between the hands and the back-light is not enough to see the time. I know its a personal problem but a lot of people wear glasses and need to see their watch at nite w/o them. That's the ONLY reason for return. I'm stuck with the more expensive LUMINOX type watches......
on May 1, 2014
This watch is just what you would expect for the price. Timex always seems to make quality products that are predictably priced. This being the case, this watch is good for anyone looking for a medium-quality Timex analogue/water resistant watch. My only complaint is that the second hand produces an awfully low 'tick-tock,' which is especially pronounced at night. But overall all this watch is okay: fits close to the wrist, is lightweight, and easy to read.
on December 6, 2013
I was looking for an inexpensive watch with a plastic face and found this. My previous Fossil watch broke when I dropped it at the gym. It was a $70 watch and the repair costs would have set me back over $130!! I needed a cheap watch that I could wear when running and just anytime. The tick is significantly louder than most watches I've had...I mean this little sucker TICKS! I've also had to constantly correct the date, as it keeps falling behind. For keeping the time and having something that I can drop and bang a around (a little) without incurring any expensive repairs, this watch fits the bill.
on November 30, 2014
Works great as a nursing watch, has everything I need, i.e. 24 hour time and date, lights up so it can be read in the dark, second hand with audible tick, easily cleanable if I get something on it (bodily fluids, excrement, urine etc). Also, the strap has a neat feature where it locks in, in other words it has a little protruding bump which locks it in so it does not snag. Not to mention it is affordable.

Update 11/10/15: Still running strong, the only minor annoyance is the retention nub at the end sometimes come loose during nursing duties and needs to be reinserted. Even with that minor issue still works great for my use of it.
on January 18, 2013
My second one of these. Excellent watch used in a tough place--jungles of Papua New Guinea. Gets wet frequently, never misses a beat. Great bargain!
on October 11, 2013
My boyfriend needed an inexpensive watch for use in a hospital setting. He is therapist and didn't want anything that he had to worry about ruining. He loved the look of this watch and commented that it was also not heavy - a plus. The second hand is very visible (good for talking pulse/blood pressure). He is very happy with this watch!
on December 11, 2014
I bought this watch to replace another cheap knockaround watch, for use when I don't want to risk damage to one of my more expensive watches -- yard work, car work, shooting. It performs as advertised, keeps good time and is comfortable. I have to disagree with anybody who dissed the Indiglo feature; there is plenty of light to read the face even in pitchdark conditions. It's a great piece for the price.

Just an update ... been wearing this since Nov. 2014, still working perfeectly. Just bought another Expedition (my third) in a different style, just have something different to wear. The battery is still strong, strap is like new ... for $30, it can't be beat,
on October 3, 2012
I cracked the crystal on a G-shock I had for 4 years, and wanted a cheaper replacement that could take a beating and keep running. I've had it for a few months and have been swimming, camping and hunting with it and its held up well. Its not exactly a "pretty" watch, but its durable and so far has gotten the job done. My only complaint is the band is a little short, and the watch tends to ride up on my wrist.
on January 18, 2015
Like the watch, band is comfortable. Indigo light is sufficient. Second hand has a noticeable ticking sound in a quiet setting but I don't notice it at work. Keeps excellent time. The bevel is only for show which is disappointing otherwise great watch. I use this to take vital signs. Would recommend this item.