4.0 out of 5 stars Good watch, not so good instructions
Published on November 28, 2011 by Roy

1.0 out of 5 stars Was perfect, until it reset itself
After a lot of searching for the perfect (and affordable) watch for a vacation trip across mutiple time zones, I picked this one.

Published 9 months ago by AllenT

4.0 out of 5 stars Good watch, not so good instructions, November 28, 2011
This review is from: Timex Men's T49852 Expedition Rugged Digital Vibration Alarm Green/Black Resin Strap Watch (Watch)
I finally broke my 7 year old Ironman and I was attracted to this watch because of the vibration alarm. The watch arrived in good order. I read the instructions through and no mention of the vibration alarm. I figured it out without a lot of trouble but it seems to me Timex should a least explain the watches advertised feature. I also don't like to read the small crinkled up instruction sheets that come with these watches. I eventually found the online version which I can zoom to read etc. Trouble is I couldn't find it on the Timex site directly. I did find it by typing the watches info directly into Google which took me to the location on the Timex site. All of this cost the watch one star.

That said the watch does what I need which is a big display, a vibrating alarm, a simple chronometer and timer capability. Others have mentioned quirks in some of the programming but these don't affect my use.

Edited 12/21/2011
The manual that came with my watch dates to 2005 as found out on the Timex Canada website. Those instructions seem to apply to this watch however they don't cover the new features such as vibrate alert and the ability hide functions. Turns out the new features all seem to be accessed in the Time Set mode. You just keep hitting the Mode button through all the Date/Time set screens. Vibrate is a choice under the Alert screen. Continuing on with the Mode button, each function appears that you can either show or hide.

I like this watch and it continues to do what I need.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Model Expedition with Vibrating Alarms, April 8, 2011
This a new model digital Timex Expedition with some additional features not found on the older Expediitions. This model adds a hydration alarm, occasion reminder, and the alarms can be set to ring, vibrate, or both. Watch is a little larger and thicker than earlier Expeditions. The display is also a bit larger making it easy for my aging eyes to read. A good upgrade to the Expedition series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, December 18, 2013
I'm old and a bit hard of hearing. Although I can't always hear the alarm sound, I can certainly feel the alarm vibration, I really like this watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch with useful features, January 4, 2014
Vibration alarm: Ideal because it is strong enough to feel it, but is not audible to others.
Setting process: Straightforward.
Strap: Comfortable and there is a catch on the end of the strap that holds the free end in place. Good design.
Size: It is large, but I like the look. It is lightweight and comfortable.
Indiglo: great feature. Does not light up so bright that it wakes someone else up, but is clearly visible. Turns off quickly and saves battery life.
I like the fact that I can "hide" features I don't use. The anniversary alarm is a great idea, but since I'm not using it, it is "hidden" so I don't have to scroll through this feature - except in setup mode.
Great value for the money. This product delivers. I use it everyday.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's OK for me !, July 26, 2012
I have seen many clocks that haven't many utility in the day by day. But this watch is all in one integrated, the 3 alarms are very useful, specialy at weekday time, because when people is in the job, frequently forget their meeting, with Timex, you didn't forget nothing, because something will be vibrating in my hand for remembering the event that is going on this time !

Great watch !

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Needed!!, June 2, 2012
The band to my old Casio watch that i used for work broke off about a year ago.So I decided to try another Brand.Upon seeing this Timex Men's Expedition Watch at a local dept store I knew it was what i needed! The large time display on the watch allows me to check the time while riding my H.D. Motorcycle with a quick glance. Had no problem adjusting the time and date on the watch, never looked at the Instructions! It was very easy. Throughout my tour of duty in the US ARMY I always had a Timex and it never let me down! (IT TOOK A LICKING AND KEPT ON TICKING)!! All other name brand watch have thier pro's n cons and I've had others throughout my life.But if your looking for a reliable watch that is easy on your wallet, I don't think that you can go wrong with this baby!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Was perfect, until it reset itself, February 27, 2014
AllenT (Colorado USA) - See all my reviews

Every watch I looked at seemed to have flaws based on the reviews I saw. I had seen the lone review about this one doing a reset, but hoped that was just a fluke. But half way through my trip, it completely reset to factory settings. Times all went back to 00:00, all time zones, alarms etc were lost

Since there were no reliable time sources at my destination, it became a useless piece of junk that stayed in the bottom of my pack for the rest of the trip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid watch, great functionality, + vibration works fine, September 6, 2012
Tipscorner (Boston, MA United States) - See all my reviews
I like a vibration alarm to keep me focused for limited period tasks--this does a great job. Not overly bulky for a watch with vibration.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice sturdy watch for working on projects., July 30, 2014
david stowers (Prescott, AR, US) - See all my reviews
This is a nice watch. Seems sturdy. Easy to set, and the Indi-glo display is really easy to see at night. The watch was very easy to program. I think it will last me a long time. The only negative remark I would make is about the alarms. I don't consider myself to be an especially heavy sleeper, but neither the vibration nor the chime is going to wake me from a sound sleep. I wanted to use this in lieu of an alarm clock so that I didn't wake my wife up every morning, but I don't think I can trust this to do the job. I set it for 10 minutes before my alarm clock, and sometimes it wake me up in time to turn off the alarm, if my wrist is positioned near my head, but sometimes it doesn't. The vibration alone would never do the job, so I use vibration plus chime. It is sturdy, comfortable, and a good watch to wear while working on projects.for working

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this product, February 15, 2013
I read some reviews on this product being hard to setup, but I had no problems at all. I got it for the vibration feature and except for possible having a slightly stronger vibration, I find the watch does the trick when I am working out and doing 1 minute breaks between sets. I think the price is wonderful to. I had been buying another brand at double the cost and found that every time I had to change the battery that watch wold malfunction. I love the feel and the band on this watch. Thank you Timex for making an affordable watch with these features.