5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome watch & awesome service...
Received in 48 hour. It was defective (dial light inoperative). I filed a report with Amazon and a replacement was on my doorstep the next morning. Love the watch and love Amazon!...
Published 3 months ago by John R

2.0 out of 5 stars Chrono compass purchased from Amazon.
Published on July 15, 2012 by John R. Schimmelmann

2.0 out of 5 stars Chrono compass purchased from Amazon., July 15, 2012
This review is from: Timex Men's T49865 Intelligent Quartz Fly Back Chrono Compass Black Silicone Strap Watch (Watch)
As a watch collector there are far better watches, and far worse. I would not like to be lost with the Timex Chrono Compass have to depend on the compass. I have recalibrated the compass several times and it seems to occasionally work. The dual time works for about an hour and no matter what time of day, it resets its self to 22 hours. Style wise it's impressive. It wears comfortably. Time accuracy is the worse of all my chronographs. Needs to be set every other day. It's a $100 dollar watch, but compared to same price Invitca's, Swiss Legend, Red Line, it is way down on the list. Timex is noted for reasonable priced watches that are dependable. They missed the mark with T49865DH. I will keep this watch only as an example of what is a decent watch and those to stay away from purchasing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, but could have been better, July 14, 2012
This watch really is a novelty because I couldn't find many others with a built in compass. However, the time keeping is not perfect. I'm a bit nitpicky when it comes to watches, and the hands dont always align perfectly with their respective markers. It isn't crucial, but it also doesn't keep time perfectly. It still works just fine, but if you're a bit of a perfectionist about watch accuracy it isn't just right. Also, the compass needs to be set about every time before you use it. I live in the city, so maybe the mass of metal everywhere messes with the calibration, but I had to set it every single time I wanted to use the compass. I stick with a g-shock aviation now, and I have a watch compass attached to the strap. That works wonderfully.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is supposed to, June 30, 2014
I only wish they had made the compass hands in a different color than white, clashes with time hands. Can be confusing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless Compass, Auto-decalibration is pain in the Ass, February 10, 2014
This was my first analog watch. I have been using casio Protreks and G-Shocks for several years, and have had no problems at all. But I wanted to switch to Analog watches without missing all the versatility and functions that a digital watch offers. Also, I was looking for a built-in compass watch, chrono, and good to the eye machine. The first time I saw this watch, I tottally fell in love with the look of it, and I started reading about the specs, and functions, and Indiglo light,...EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT about it, even the price!!! So I purchased it about a month and a half ago, and the first days it went perfect, lots of compliments among friends about the new watch,...basicly. But since I love watches, and this is so beautiful that its just impossible not to look at it so close, so often...I started finding one problem after another. To make it easier, here goes a list:

*There was dust inside the glass. Yep!!, believe or not, there was several dust particles in the inner face of the glass. SO BAD!!!
*The Compass decalibrates at least TWICE A WEEK!! SO annoying, I cant trust on it at all!!
*The Compass and second hand, decalibrates from the 12 o'clock possition, by itself! I need to calibrate at least 2-3 times a week!!!
*Compass is amazingly inaccurate. Even right after calibrating it, it can show tremendous mistakes in showing the right north.

However, the chrono function, dual time function, and the general look of the watch is jsut amazing. Its absolutely not enough!! Its jsut a beautiful piece of crap!! :)

...I have come to mistrust analog watches, due to this thing!! I hope my next experience will be better :/ :/ :/

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome watch & awesome service..., July 12, 2014
John R (Northwest Arkansas) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch...strap is a pain, June 23, 2014
Watch is great.
Silicone strap is a pain since the strap is constantly coming out of the restraining loop and flapping around. A metal bracelet strap would be preferred; but isn't an option.
Easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars This watch rocks!, February 7, 2014
I gave this watch to a good friend who was immediately enamored with the built-in compass. This watch also has a "second time zone..." on the upper left flyback. Too cool!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, August 13, 2013
This watch is great with a great price. I almost like it better than my Rolex. I wear this everywhere

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and stylish watch, June 6, 2013
I am satisfied with everything with the watch. The dual time handles works fine, unlike other's comments. The watch looks good and the band is very elastic and just fits for my wrist.

There are two very small flaws.

1. The usage of stop watch is somewhat difficult. I read manual but the usage is not intuitive and take some time to be familiar with the features.

2. It is very easy to confuse the compass handle with the minute handle. For the first several days, it took some time to get accurate time. I get used to the handle now but it is not clearly easy to read the time and I sometimes misread the time.

Other than that it is very good and stylish watch for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, April 16, 2013
J. Palacio (Ccs, Venezuela) - See all my reviews
Great watch and very NICE looking. Excellent price / quality relation! The compass works decently I highly recommend this watch