4.0 out of 5 stars Expedition Military Field Watch
Published on June 22, 2012 by Old Man Army

1.0 out of 5 stars My first one-star review ever
As seems to have happened to many others on this site, the crown, the knob that sets the time, somehow simply fell off in a taxi one day, never to be seen again. And the watch stopped working shortly after. I'd only had the watch for about a month.

Published 2 months ago by O'MacFarlane

4.0 out of 5 stars Expedition Military Field Watch, June 22, 2012
This is a great looking watch. The seller shipped the same day I ordered and it arrived within four days. The watch is a nice size, big enough to see well, but not like wearing an alarm clock on your wrist. The band is nice leather with an attractive buckle. The hash marks for the numbers are in-set into he outer edge of the dial and the markings are unique; seconds instead of the usual 1 through 12. I gave the watch four stars instead of five because the second hand does not exactly index on the lines and when you use the indiglo feature, you cannot see the numbers at all; you have to guess based on the postion of the hands. Over all this watch looks a lot more expensive than it is. I would reccomend both the watch and the seller.

Edit: After wearing the watch for a week I have to retract what I originally said about the illumination; not only can you read the numbers when you use the indiglo feature, the watch glows in the dark on its own for at least a few hours. I wore this watch on a cruise and got several compliments on how it looked. One person asked who made the watch and could not believe it was a Timex.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice inexpensive watch, very unique!, December 13, 2012
I have several nice watches but was looking for an inexpensive watch that I could wear on camping trips, while working outside, and in more casual situations. Timex has been around a long time and has a better reputation than most lower-priced watches which is why I decided to look at them. I decided on the Expedition Military Field Watch because it looked stylish and unique and I was not disappointed. One of the unique features is that the dial is numbered in five-minute increments instead of the usual twelve-hour increments. I was a little concerned that this might be confusing but it actually makes a lot of sense and I find it easier to glance at it to tell the time. The white numbers on the brown dial are easy to read at a glance and the Indiglo nightlight is fabulous. It lights up the whole dial. Even more expensive watches don't work that well with the glow-in-the-dark dial because it all depends on how much light they have been exposed to. The leather band is very comfortable and the watch is very attractive. The dial is a little larger than most, so if you have a very small wrist you may not like this. However the watch is not that heavy for its size, so if you like bigger watches like I do it is really not an issue. If you are looking for an attractive, unique watch, you can't go wrong with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great So Far..., July 25, 2013
I have the silver case/green strap version of this as well and it's a great watch. What's better about this brown one is that the leather band is much higher quality than the leather/canvas version on the other one. This watch is a great size, the indiglo works perfect and its comfortable on the wrist. Great watch to kick around in for $40!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent customer service., December 29, 2012
I bought this watch while visiting my brother at fort Jackson in south carolina. Somewhere on the flights home to california I lost the crown. Since I couldn't take it back I took it to a watch repair store and was told timex has their own special crown that only they could replace themselves. So, I contacted customer service, I even told them it was probably my fault because during my travel I got my backpack caught on it several times and they still said no problem we'll fix it for free. I shipped it to them with an 8 dollar check for return shipping, it took about a month to get back to me but it works great now and I am satisfied.

They said they'll fix any watch that is under warranty for free, you just pay for shipping. And, if the warranty has expired they will repair the watch for half of the Msrp.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great rugged looking watch, November 19, 2012
Really nice watch for the money. Its rugged looking and earthy. Like how it looks with casual clothes after a long hike for lunch.

Update: The knob broke off. Now I cant adjust what time it is. I took it into a watch repair place and they quoted $65 to fix it. Man....not good.

1.0 out of 5 stars My first one-star review ever, June 27, 2014
O'MacFarlane (Hayward, California USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timex Men's T49874 "Expedition" Military Field Watch with Brown Leather Band (Watch)

I've had Timex for years with no problems, and in fact will buy another model Timex to replace this one. I guess I'm addicted to the indiglo light. But, man, I hope that the company never again uses whatever supplier they sourced this one from. And yes, this is the very first one-star review I've ever written on any site for any product. What a disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, what a great watch, August 14, 2012
For the $ spent, this is an excellent product. I wear this one to bed, can view the time with the indiglo feature, and don't even need my glasses to see the time. When this one expires, I will get another one as I am "naked" without a watch. Thank you for offering this watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars New Indiglo watch, March 7, 2013
A little larger than anticipated and I prefer a metal bracelet rather than a leather strap. I bought this watch to replace 25 year old stainless, white faced indiglo, and, if this one lasts as long as the old one, a '10' is deserved!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Watch, June 17, 2013
Great outdoor watch, has survived a lot of rock climbing and bouldering scratches and scrapes, being dunked in water, and other general abuse and it still works great. The band lasted about a year but I've put it through a lot of abuse so I can't complain - the loop to hold the end of the band snapped after I went into the river with it and started playing with the loop. Webbed band, here I come

Awesome watch

4.0 out of 5 stars Good deal, February 1, 2013
Great watch for the price, only downside is the tick is very loud. Very happy with it. Would buy another

Rate and Discover Movies