4.0 out of 5 stars A good inexpensive timepiece
The Timex T498849J is an attractive watch built for light to medium knock-around duty. The hands and numerals are helpfully luminous. The red weep hand gives it some class. The watch has stood up well to sweaty yard work and has been an accurate and reliable timekeeper.
Published on July 22, 2012 by Freestyle

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to adjust date window
THIS WATCH HAS A VERY NICE APPEARENCE.THE DIAL IS QUITE CLEAR WITH LARGE NUMERALS.i LIKE THE LUMINOUS DIAL.THE ONE NEGATIVE IS THE DIFFICULTY IN ADJUSTING DATE.THIS WATCH HAS A TWO POSITION STEM.HOWEVER,THE DETENTS HAVE NO "FEEL".I SPENT WAY TOO LONG GETTING THE STEM TO RESPOND.i AM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY....
Published on January 3, 2013 by james g archer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A good inexpensive timepiece, July 22, 2012
This review is from: Timex Men's T49884 Expedition Rugged Metal Field Green Nylon Strap Watch (Watch)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch for casual wear, August 12, 2012
I saw this watch in a local retailer so I knew what I was getting (but purchasing it on Amazon saved me about 20%). I like the appearance of the watch and the large, easy to read dial. The indiglo light feature makes it very easy to read at night (not as young as I used to be) and, in very dark situations, I can even use it as a make-do flashlight. The only reason I don't rate the watch at 5 stars is the fixed bezel (I prefer a rotating bezel for added usefulness but felt that, overall, the watch was still a good deal).

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solid watch, easy to read, April 7, 2013
B. T. Conway "BTC" (East Hampton, CT USA) - See all my reviews
I wanted a good, basic watch that I could use in the gym. It has a uncluttered face, which I like. The second hand stops dead-on the minute markings, which I especially like, anal fellow that I am. Also, it has the sort of wrist band that allows me to lay it flat on the floor, and, should the time come, the watch band would be easy to replace. I also like the Indiglo feature--very helpful when in a movie theater. The one thing that I don't like is that I can hear the watch ticking in a quite room, but this seems to be a characteristic of all of the Timex analog watches that I've owned. Still, I'll always prefer analog.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT WATCH, November 15, 2013
I JUST WANTED AN INEXPENSIVE WATCH WITH A SCRATCH PROOF CRYSTAL AND ONE I COULD READ THE DIAL WITH OUT GLASSES. RECEIVED THE WATCH ON TIME AND SET IT WITH THE ATOMIC CLOCK AT BOULDER,CO. IT HASN'T LOST A SECOND SINCE I RECEIVED IT.

4.0 out of 5 stars Time's Up!, November 10, 2013
Keeps good time and I like the Indiglo feature. Date window is too small to be of any use, and I'm not a big fan of the canvas strap. Overall, a nice watch for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, October 2, 2013
This is my second similar Timex watch. Simple and working perfect. Easy to read and of course indiglo light is helpful at night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, September 10, 2013
Meduim size, reliable, easy to read, clean design; back light is awesome when you need it in low light settings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice casual watch, June 12, 2013
This is a great watch for the price. Perfect for day to day use, has a nice light and glows in the dark. It's been dropped in the soapy water and bang up a bit but you can't tell, it's holding up wonderfully. Most of the time I need a watch but don't want to wear my nice watches and this one is perfect. It's sturdy enough and I'm not worried about roughing it up since it's priced so low.

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to adjust date window, January 3, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Stopped ticking, a slap fixed it., August 20, 2014
J. Taylor (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
I've had it for 3 weeks now. Relatively inexpensive from what I'm used to. Good looking and nice for outdoor/wet activity wear with the web strap. Somewhat heavier than I expected because of the solid metal case. I was riding my bike with it on and it stopped ticking for about an hour before I realized. I pushed the crown in to illuminate(it wasn't pulled out) and gave the watch a slap and it started ticking again.
Also, this is the loudest(!) watch I've ever heard. I can hear it tick while driving 70mph down the highway, 40 feet away when I go to sleep, and other people comment on it at lunch it's so loud.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›