Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on August 17, 2012
Saw this at a walmart, picked it up for forty. It is all brown, a light tannish shade. The numbers and hands are brownish-white. The stitching is light brown on medium-brown leather.

Not apparent from the picture is the angle of the military time (minute markers). It's on a bevel around the hours, with a very pale olive green color, so it is not as obvious on first glance. It is unreadable in the dark in indiglo, if that matters at all. Indiglo lights up the face behind all the hands and numbers, easy to read at night.

Leather strap is comfortable and soft. It's a suade texture, the kind that will look better with age and imprefections.

The case (contrary to previous reviewer) really is a brushed stainless steel. Can't see it in this picture, but the side crown has two small screws (prob non-functional) on the guards that surround it, looks kind of cool. Also, the edge of the bezel rises a hair above the (flat) crystal, so it probably would resist scratches a bit better.

Overall looks, runs, and feels great, highly recommended. Matches leather flip flops well.
11 comment18 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2013
This is a great, beautiful watch. Keeps perfect time. I don't prefer suede watchbands so I purchased a brown leather band ($13.00) on Amazon. NOW the watch is perfect!
on September 21, 2012
Got this watch at Target for $43. First one worked for one day, after setting date it would not turn on again. Returned it next day for another and it has worked almost a month so far. Attractive to wear does not look cheap. Everthing matches face hands and band are all light tan as pictured. Date is hard to see really small, I may glue a glass half dome over the date to magnify it :) Loud ticking at night but its ok I dont mind. Really accurate seconds! Each second perfectly lines up with each second marker. Most watch makers dont care about the second hand alignment.
on November 11, 2013
Much better looking than I would have thought. Glass crystal and stainless body is very simple and good looking. Brown face is not as dark as pictures would have made me expect and the band is an odd color of brown, almost like a hot chocolate. Face is very easy to read, size is right in the middle. I like the protected gear on the side, but when I bend my hand backwards I often ignite the indiglo backlight. It hasn't gotten caught on anything, yet, and feels solid.
on March 15, 2013
The watch it great it is a little bigger than I expected but I have been wearing for over a week and I really like it. It's comfortable and very easy to read. I dont worry about dinging it up because it is fairly inexpensive but it still looks good enough to wear around the office. Great deal if you ask me.
on January 9, 2013
I wasn't expecting such a serious watch for this price range. This one is beautiful, the only con is that it comes packaged in a funky way and then the bracelet kind of gets that shape and it is definitely not the one of you arm, so it feels like putting your watch sideways. Hope it goes away with the wear.
on April 20, 2013
Good looking field watch. I dig real numbers not hash marks. Timex has a reputation of durability at a reasonable price.
on November 17, 2015
Unfortunately the Timex I received was a problematic watch right out of the packaging. It would repeatedly stop functioning within a few hours of setting the time... If left on a counter or dresser the watch would stop within 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours of being set - If removed from the arm and placed in a safe spot, again it would stop in 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours. Though the indiglo function still worked I suspected that it may be a battery problem so had it replaced. Again the watch stopped working approximately 2 hours after removing it from my arm... Resetting the time and putting it back on the tabletop, the watch again quit after 1 1/2 hours... Repeat, repeat, repeat.

First, and foremost, a watch must work to be useful. The experience I had merits a rating of ZERO stars - if that were only possible.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 11, 2013
Looks like. Much more expensive watch, the strap is very classy, face is clear and easy to read. Great value.
on November 25, 2015
Well, it's a Timex... what more can be said? :)

Large face, Indiglo backlighting, lume hands, brushed SS case, and padded leather band with a rustic-look!

It works (so far), and probably will continue to work for many years to come, as long as the crystal remains intact (basic mineral glass), and the seals maintain water resistance.

Yes, the ticking is LOUD! But then again, I'm use to higher-end Swiss and Japanese movements that sweep or "tick" almost effortlessly around the dial.

My son has only had this watch for a few days, so we'll see how it fares the abuse of a 16-yr-old... This is his "training watch" before moving up to a more expensive timepiece from Seiko, Bulova, Citizen, etc.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse