5.0 out of 5 stars Great Vibrating Watch
I bought this watch to replace a Timex T49851, which I had purchased for the vibrating alarm. That original watch was not as robust as hoped, and after a year of travel, outdoor activities and rough treatment at the gym, it was no longer working the right way all the time.

Published 10 months ago by Fred

It is ok as far as watches go. I like the night time feature and the fact that you can hide menu options you don't want to see or use.

Published 9 days ago by David

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Vibrating Watch, October 5, 2013
Fred "Technology is your friend." (CHAPEL HILL, NC, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timex Men's T499509J Expedition Shock XL Vibrating Alarm Black Resin Strap Watch (Watch)

After a month with this new watch, the T499059J EXPEDITION SHOCK, it is much, *much* more durable than the other Timex alternative.

There are three alarm options, which is nice. The vibrating function is about the same effect as the older T49851, but with the bigger watch face it is more effective in waking me up.

As to the other reviewer who noted that it is not a G-Shock, this is, in fact, correct. It is not a G-Shock, nor does it have the property of magically becoming one after it is ordered.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great alarm options, October 16, 2013
This watch has 3 standard alarms which can be configured for daily, weekly, or weekends as well as an occasion alarm. The combination of vibe and chime is nice because you may not always feel the vibration in certain environments. Likewise you may not hear the chime in others. The quality is good and the mineral face will likely hold up for a long tome. Another feature that I really appreciate is the small latch which locks the excess wrist strap in place. A nice touch by Timex. The biggest fault of this watch and thus the 4 stars is the readability of the negative display is not on par with other Timex negative displays and is hard to read in semi or low light conditions. I often have to hit the side placed light button in the evening or in low light conditions. Most other Timex digital displays are number one in my book fir readability but this one is one of their worst.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., February 19, 2014
It's a good looking, well fitting watch. I was worried it'd be a little too large on my wrist but it's not. I don't know why there are so many complaints about the green numbers not looking clear. They look clear to me. The vibrating alert is quiet and effective. It has 3 alarms, 3 time zones, stop watch, timmer, the famous indiglo light, and water resistant to 200m. It performs the way you'd want a timex to perform.

5.0 out of 5 stars Know this is a large face thick watch before you buy, May 30, 2014
There are those who complain that this watch is too big. There are those who complain that it has a reverse display which makes the watch hard to read. The picture is there on Amazon. The specs are there. The watch case is 50 mm in diameter. It IS that big. And yet some buy this watch knowing it and return it making these complaints. Go figure.

I gave this watch 5 stars because it IS exactly as pictured and described and works like a dream. In fact, the watch looks even better and operates even smoother than I imagined. I love the vibration alarm. And also, you can hide the functions so you don't have to cycle through all of them. I hide the hydro function and two of the alarms (for now). It's a cool watch. People DO notice what kind of watch you're wearing and I HAVE gotten some interested looks at it.

To be honest, when I first got this watch and put it on my wrist, I hated it. I thought,It was too big. It's not me. People are gonna look at me strangely as if to say "Really?" After three days, it grew on me and I liked it. It's a beast. I think Timex is trying to get some of the G-Shock market. This watch is definitely not a G-shock but it IS comparable. The watch is an Expedition and is very rugged-very durable. It is too bulky to fit under a cuff of a dress shirt. It would look good outside at a picnic, barbecue or in the gym--some place social. I don't wear it all the time but I like its novelty, the reverse display, the green numerals and the smooth operation.

Nuff said.

4.0 out of 5 stars Timex expedition shock xl, December 27, 2013
Only gets 4 stars because watch band needs to be longer. Otherwise this watch was an excellent deal. Delivered promptly. Countdown timer is very useful and vibrating alarm is very cool and wakes me up right in time. Highly recommend this watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this watch, but could be better., February 26, 2014
This is a high quality watch for a low price. The large watch face is easy to read, and the "low light" gripes people have is easily rectified by indiglow. Another awesome feature is the band that holds the extra strap locks in. The ONLY thing I wish could be improved is... You can have your watch beep "chime" on the hour every hour. But I wish you could have it vibrate one small time. A very small problem in my book to an otherwise FANTASTIC product. Good job Timex. The product came when projected.

5.0 out of 5 stars great watch - great price, January 6, 2014
D. Levy (Maryland, US) - See all my reviews
There are few rugged watches on the market with silent "vibration" features and low light displays, perfect for the armed forces.

5.0 out of 5 stars great watch, March 2, 2014
A great watch exactly what I expected durable and great for swimming. I also work outside and it has stood up to the elements.

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch is fine, vibration is weak--not really a 'wake up' alarm, August 19, 2014

If you are considering purchasing this watch to use the vibration feature as a wake up alarm, you will likely not be satisfied. The vibration is very very soft as far as intensity is concerned. In fact, on my wrist it is almost unnoticeable, even when you are awake and you know it is coming. I was disappointed that this feature wasn't better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, almost perfect fit, June 15, 2014
Got this watch for the vibrating alarm and excellent reviews about its durability; and it delivers. The only gripe with the awesome watch is the fit, not as "molding" as other timex watches I've owned. Not bad enough to make me dislike the watch but worth mentioning.The vibrating alarm is good enough to wake me in the morning and none of the other complaints I've read about the fault in its features are founded.

Rate and Discover Movies