5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch
Published 11 months ago by Jonathan P. Bradford

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Looking and Inexpensive but Not Durable
The good:
1) It's a handsome watch. It's black, not grey, btw.
2) The band is good-looking and comfortable genuine leather.
3) The dial is easy to read
4) The indi-glow light is bright and easy to use.

The bad:
Published 5 months ago by BanjoGirl

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, April 5, 2014
This review is from: Timex Men's T499559J Expedition Metal Field Brown Leather Strap Watch (Watch)
This is both an attractive and a reliable timepiece. The cream dial color paired with a "gun metal" grey case is unique and the white hands make it very easy to read. I do not agree with the review that suggested that it was a bit small for a man. I am a big guy and my wrist is plenty big around. My wife has commented that the watch is just the right size for me. Other reviewers have cited the loud ticking of the watch as a problem, again I don't agree. If there is absolutely no ambient noise, it can be heard from 6 or 8 feet away. Any further away or with a little standard room noise, it cannot be heard. No big deal!
Best of all, the watch keeps time flawlessly. I have had it about 6 weeks now and I literally cannot detect any gain or loss of time. Price, appearance and reliability make this a 5 star product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Attractive, Slightly Rugged in Appearance, Quality Time Piece, August 11, 2014
A very attractive time piece that is easily viewable. A bit rugged but still dressy enough for everyday use and of course it keeps time well! Have not gotten it wet yet but have been in very humid conditions and it shows no wear. The wrist band is quite comfortable and very attractive as well. Waiting to see how that part of it wears as I have not had the watch long enough to know, but at least if the band does wear out it is easily replaceable....glad I made the purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Timex Expedition, April 20, 2014
Good value. I like the dial illumination. Very bright and easy to operate. The case is not as pictured. It is black. The case displayed looks more like a dark gray gunmetal. The band is good quality. I had a little trouble setting the date to flip over at midnight instead of noon. I like the watch and want it to last. I keep it dry except for normal moisture and rain.--don't even wear it to shower. I have another watch I use for scuba diving.

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic well built watch., September 24, 2013
This watch is not delicate and it feels like it can take some abuse. The leather band is very nice and it is one of the better leather bands that I have owned. The face is easy to read and lights well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timex Rocks!, September 9, 2013
I really like this watch, the color of the tan face with the black case and the dark brown leather strap really go together well. Its a Timex and it works flawlessly

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid watch, July 19, 2014
Pamela (Avon Lake, Ohio, United States) - See all my reviews
I was heading out on an 8 day train trip and wanted an inexpensive watch I could consult at night in my dark compartment. This did the trick. The "light up" feature is easy to use in a completely dark space - you just press in the stem on the right side. The watch seems to be very robust and certainly keeps good time. I do wish it had a day-of-the-week display in addition to the date, but I knew that feature was not included when I bought it, so it is hard to criticize.

As one other reviewer noted, however, the watch color is quite different from the image. My band and case are significantly darker than the image - the case is black for all intents. The face color is not as bright as the image either - it is like the color above with all of the yellow tint taken out. For those reasons, it is a slightly less attractive (also read as "more masculine") watch than pictured.

I was a little bit worried about the ticking after reading the other reviews, but my watch is not loud. In fact I can not hear the ticking unless I put the watch right to my ear.

A good solid watch that I expect to use for years, at less than $40. Not much to complain about.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Looking and Inexpensive but Not Durable, October 4, 2014
BanjoGirl (Santa Cruz, CA United States) - See all my reviews
The good:
1) It's a handsome watch. It's black, not grey, btw.
2) The band is good-looking and comfortable genuine leather.
3) The dial is easy to read
4) The indi-glow light is bright and easy to use.

The bad:
1) The crystal face is slightly proud of the surrounding metal, thus the edge of the crystal is unprotected. Mine has chipped in several places.
2) The strap-holder band on the watch band pulled out. It looks like the stitching just wore out. The second band, that slides, is still intact but has always been very loose so not that helpful in keeping the end of the strap from flopping around.
3) The back of the watch simply fell off a few days ago, exposing the battery, and the watch stopped working. I did try replacing the battery but it didn't start working again. I'm sending it to Timex for repair and I'll update this review when I have it back.

3.0 out of 5 stars So So Watch, October 3, 2014
I like the look and the size of he watch. I do not like the fact that it is very hard to set the date. The first time I pulled the adjuster to set the date it the entire thing came out in my hand. I almost returned it at that point but I put it back in and now it works but not very easily. I've been wearing it for about 3 days and it is keeping time well but I would not recommend this watch to my friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware of "Case Color"!!!, June 14, 2014
This Timex watch functions great. My only "strong" complaint is the "real" color of the case. It appears to be a steel or gunmetal grey in the photos but in person this watch is almost if not "pure" Black!!!! Just be aware of that when ordering so you will not be disappointed as I was. As always Timex makes a great watch for the money and they are hard to beat. Just really wish it was as portrayed in the photos regarding color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars very good cheap watch, April 24, 2014
This watch meets my criteria: large dial, arabic numerals, clear contrast between dial and hands, and readable in the dark.
Color is attractive too, to me. Best of all is the price.

Learn to change the battery yourself, and do it as preventive maintenance once a year or every other.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›