Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now DOTD

Color: BeigeSize: 3 x 3 x 2 InchChange

on August 30, 2014
This is by far my favorite of the current Expedition line. I think Timex does the basic quartz field watch very well and this one is just dripping in vintage character.
1. Look at the dial—white arabics with inner 24 hour arabics on a black background. Clean, timeless, easy to read.
2. Look at how nicely they integrated the date window into the 24 hour ring. They could have just slapped a white date wheel under there, but with the choice of black, the dial is so beautifully balanced. The date is instantly available if you want it, but otherwise if just disappears.
3. At 40mm the case isn't exactly vintage proportions, but it doesn't look unusually large on my 6.5 inch wrist. Believe me--I am hyper sensitive to oversized watches. This watch looks really nice on the wrist, and I think it would work well for most wrists.
4. The large crown really adds to the vintage vibe.
5. The strap is fine. I bought the tan version because I didn't want the yellow seconds hand of the olive strapped version. While the tan strap is comfortable, the color doesn't look good on me (according to my better half). No worries. At 20mm, the world is your oyster. A quick change to an olive zulu band solved my problems. I really think buying the tan strap version is the way to go just for the white seconds hand. I think the olive strapped version has a grey finish to the case as opposed to the brushed stainless look of the tan strap version. You may like that look. I think it's cool, but I'll gladly give it up to lose that yellow seconds hand.
6. Ticking volume has been fine. I briefly owned a Weekender that ticked very loudly. This one is much quieter. Not as quiet as my nicer quartzes, but I hardly notice it ticking on my wrist. It seems to get louder when it take it off and out it on a table.
7. Lume on the hands is decent, but I haven't tested the duration yet. But with Indiglo, I guess I don't care.

Highly recommended if you like field watches. It's very classic looking. I looked down at my wrist the other day and thought, "Man, that looks good. Some designer at Timex really has a passion for classic field watches." And then I thought, "Oh, yeah, what time is it?" (You have to be a bit of a watch nut to relate to that one.)
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 18, 2014
I will present my initial impression since I just received the watch. It is comfortable right out of the box. Looks very good and is easy to read precisely in all lighting conditions. Date window is very small. The face is more cream color than the picture which is pleasant.The second hand is an arrow that lines up with the indices something that not all watches do but all should.
The box arrived after having taken what must have been a severe hit either by UPS or prior to arriving at Amazon distribution. The force was so hard as to break the plastic watch holder off the plastic base yet the watch is working perfectly. Too soon to report on accuracy but checking that now.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2014
Great watch for the price
review image
on November 12, 2014
I am a from Chinese customers, this is my first time shopping at amazon. At first I thought need many days to receive the goods, did not think of now has already received the goods, the watch is very good, retro style, is also very easy to match clothes, of course, look at the time is also very easy. Amazon's custom service is very enthusiastic, this is a very pleasant shopping experience.
review image review image
on May 28, 2014
I'm not expecting Swiss craftsmanship for $30, and neither should you. This watch was purchased for work, and specifically working after dark at that. My much loved citizen AR2? While a beauty was not a highly visable watch after many hrs of darkness, the indiglo ensures I can have a full light watch long after the lume sources give up. The face has large numbers and it is a easy quick read. Coming from other quartz or auto watches you will notice, timex still produces an old school tick. Not an issue unless you're sleeping in a quite room, then you'll notice it. I can not complain given the high style considering the price. $100 certainly gets you a better watch, for $30 you'll not find its equal.
on March 8, 2015
Mine stopped working after a few weeks. Timex offers a one year warranty BUT the customer must return the watch to them at the customer's expense AND enclose a check for $8.00 to pay return post for a replacement. The watch itself cost less than $28 total. Mine was faulty. I don't feel I should have to pay anything for Timex to rectify their mistake.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2014
I've owned several Timex watches over the years and I have to say this is one of the best! It looks so much better in person and the band itself isn't as itchy or stiff as I thought, and in fact, quite comfortable for a nylon material. My last two Timex watches had the silicon band and I got used to them but this band is light and durable and comfortable; not as stiff as I thought. The nice matte finish is nice, and the face is easy to read with the white numbers and markers very visible. The Indiglo feature works great and as for the loud ticking that some people experience, I have to say that unless you put it within 2 inches of your ear it's not that loud, at least I don't think so. My other watch is a heavier Swiss Victorinox Swiss Army chrono that I only wear as a dress watch, but I can see this Timex getting more and more wear time as I of the best Timex watches in this line so far in my opinion!
on October 2, 2014
I really like this watch; it has a terrific rugged, unpretentious look. Unfortunately after two months the crown/dial on the right hand side broke off. Not saying that'll happen to yours. Still, if I can get it fixed, I'll happily wear the watch again.

Update: after getting this watch repaired (which I had to pay about $8 to Timex for), the watch worked okay for about another three or four months. At that point the crown broke off again, forcing me to officially give up on this watch. It's very poorly made, and Timex should be embarrassed that they're putting this quality level into the market. I'm changing my review from 3 stars to 1 star -- and I recommend against buying it.
on November 6, 2014
Gorgeous watch. I own a few other Timex watches and this one just instantly became my new favorite. I love the black face with contrasting bright hands. The "indiglo" is very bright and lights up the entire face, not just the hands. Something I didn't notice until I received it: there's actually a date display just left of the 3. The band has a range of sizes (and it thankfully does fit my small-medium wrist). The only problem I currently have is that the band is fairly hard to get on and off at the moment. But, with enough use, I'm sure it will soften and become more maneuverable.
on January 4, 2015
Great watch. Looks great, feels good, solid materials. Can't beat the price.
review image