5.0 out of 5 stars Just Right.
Published on December 18, 2005 by James

3.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, band does not last, not easy to replace
I really like this watch, I am male w/narrow wrists and this watch fits great. Functions are awesome as well, I carry this with me when I travel for my alarm clock, etc. Visibility of the display, in bright sunlight and in the dark (indiglo) also good.

Published on August 21, 2010 by C. Lew

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Right., December 18, 2005
James (Cyberspace) - See all my reviews
This watch is the perfect size, is the optimal weight and has the best display. The watch is neither big and bulky, nor small and flimsy. The numbers are large and readable. There is green reflective coating on the inside that "illuminates" the watch without using the battery/indiglo feature. This only works in the day when there is light to hit it just right for the reflection, but never the less it is a great feature making the time come alive. The indiglo lighting is awesome and brighter and better than any of the G-shocks I own. This watch is better in every aspect than any of G-shocks I own.

What I like about this watch:

It is extremely light (compared to my G-shocks).

The numbers are all big an easily read.

It is easy to set the time, date and alarm.

The buttons are responsive and easy to push.

It is fairly stylish and has a nice design.

What I don't like about this watch:

Nothing. For the $32 I paid in store, I don't care what happens to it. Mowing the lawn...Working on the car....Running 5 miles...I use it and abuse it and am not afraid of ruining it, unlike my G-shocks. This watch is just made to be worn with its great functionality and its sleek design.

Buy it and try it. Chances are, if you are looking for an all around great watch, you won't be disappointed.

*Update 05/07/08*

After nearly 30 months of daily use, this watch has finally bit the dust. I used this watch every single day as an alarm clock. I used the indigo light every day, multiple times, more so than the average person would.

The first thing to break was the part you tuck the watch strap into. I broke after approx. 28 months of use. The little plastic band cracked. I used a heavy duty rubberband in its place.

At around the same time, the battery started to lose its power. The indigo feature lit up the display, but the time would not be shown.

Just as of yesterday the wrist band tore in half. Now the only chance for salvage is to buy a new band ($10-$15) and to have the battery replaced ($5-$10), which I will do.

The face of the watch has held up perfectly, even though I have abused it.

It is a pain to change the battery and to track down a watch strap, but the size, display, reflective lighting, etc. is too good to not keep this watch.

I'll let you know how long the next one keeps ticking...

3.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, band does not last, not easy to replace, August 21, 2010
This review is from: Timex Men's T53151 "Ironman" Traditional 30-Lap Memory Recall Black and Gray Resin Watch (Watch)

My major complaint on this watch is the band does not last very long, and the OEM Timex brand replacements are very difficult to find. What I found on the web was a replacement that is half the price of the watch. From what I have read, the imitation replacements do not fit/feel the same, and very difficult to change/replace.

Obviously Timex knows this...is this their strategy to have their customers buy and replace their watches every couple of years? Not a great way to create customer loyalty. At a min, they should be making replacement OEM bands more available to their customers...or show a warning that the bands only last 1-2 yrs. Gee, I wonder how many people would buy their watches with this warning...I guess the warranty that does not cover the band was their way of communicating this..

5.0 out of 5 stars A great running watch, October 13, 2006
I can't imagine needing more in a running watch, unless of course you need the built in heart monitor that the more expensive models offer. But as for me (an old school runner), this watch is all I need. Very happy to own it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a TOOL!, March 29, 2007
TheBronze (Montebello, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I don't wear watches to look cool. I have a very real need for accurate time all day every day. I've tried the G-Shock watches and they work just fine but are so large hey hurt my wrist, especially when wearing a jacket, plus as I get older it's hard to read the little display on them.

I finally broke down and bought the Ironman and what a difference! The watch is just the right size and shape and it light and comfortable. The display is perfectly readable in just about any light and at any angle! Day, date, and time at a glance! I love it!

The buttons are large enough to be very easy to use but not so large that they push against your wrist when working. The interior of the band is very smooth and doesn't pinch at all. The buckle is nice and smooth and the strap has a very nice little locking nub on it that keeps the strap end in place.

The menus are very simple. I managed to set the watch in just a few minutes without ever looking at the instructions. I like to "hack" my watch so that the time is accurate to the second. This watch made it very easy, just set the watch one minute fast, and then set it to the seconds mode. Watch the time count down and "hack" it when the minute changes and you're all set.

It holds the time to within about 3 seconds per month, very accurate!

In short, if you need a good watch for TELLING TIME this is a great product. It may not be super cool looking but it's not bad, and for the money, you just can't go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Band can be replaced fairly easily..., May 31, 2009
First of all, I love this watch. Regarding the band issue, I bought a replacement band for this watch (16mm band) from Voguestrap (but I imagine other replacement bands would be similar) and tried to use the included band spring tool (metallic, 3 inches, a U-shape on one end and a sharp point on the other) to NO avail for 10 minutes. Then I figured out the EASY way. Get a small flathead screwdriver (I used the one on my small Swiss Army pocketknife), place the band spring into one of the watchband straps, insert one end of the spring into the anchoring hole of the watch, then use the flathead screwdrive to depress the other end of the spring, push the spring/band end into the watch slot. Then use the flathead and push hard on the spring until it seats into the anchoring hole. This maneuver takes about 2 minutes to execute and works! Let me know how this works for you. By the way, I have absolutely no financial interest in any of these products and no expertise in watches, just a guy trying to help, as I have been helped by these forums.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spacious Screen, June 3, 2006
Very Nice IRONMAN,

The Screen is much bigger, and the Digits are easier read, straight on or at an angel. Also the Start/Split center/bottom button is easier to press on the fly...er..I mean run..haha

The amount of memory you get along with splits is more than the previous generation.

Also, you get more options with ALARMS. DAILY, WEEKEND ONLY, WEEK only, or just individual days, NICE! But, I find myself only changing the time on the DAILY select....like every other watch does.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch!, January 5, 2007
The display is very nice. I tried most of the functions and they all work great. The dual time is especially nice in that you can have one time in 24hr format and the other time in 12hr format (I set one time for GMT in 24hr format & the other for local time in 12hr format).

The only minor issue is that the instructions come on a thin piece of tissue paper. I'd like to see them written on something that's not so likely to tear. But that's a very minor point and the instructions contain very good information on how to use the functions.

I have only had it for a few days, so I can't give you anything regarding durability. But my first impression is very positive and I'm glad I made the purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Chronometer malfunctions, July 9, 2013
After a month's use I noticed that the chronometer would stop for no reason. At firt I assumed that I had accidently hit the stop button. However, after focusing on it, it became clear that the chronometer would stop on its own. I wanted to have the malfunctioning watch replaced for a functioning watch today, but Amazon says that I am 2 days too late.

In additition to being let down by Timex, I was let down Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch is ok, band replacement is not., October 5, 2011
Scott Blake (Teakettle Junction, CA) - See all my reviews
Timex Ironman watchbands cannot be replaced at a store. You have to get them from Timex in Arkansas. I liked my watch but have given up on Timex because of the band replacement hassle. The final straw was this year. Band broke, sent for a replacement. The replacement broke after less than an hour. I sent it back, the band that was sent to replace it was the wrong size. That one was returned in June. I didn't get it and in September was told that an error had been made and the band would be sent out within five days. A month later, I called after still not receiving the band. I was told that the watch and band had been discontinued and the old stock sold out in early 2011. The customer service rep who told me that was the only one who did. She told me a refund would be issued, we'll see about that. I then asked to be transferred to the comments voice mail, which cut me off after a few seconds.

Their operation is one of the worst I've experienced. Unless you want to experience the aggravation of dealing with these clowns, avoid Timex as if it were the plague.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, December 1, 2007
As a long distance runner I like a watch that's good to read during a race and has easy to use buttons.
This watch has both and combines it with a nice memory for lap times.

Rate and Discover Movies