Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Timex Men's T53151 "Ironman" Traditional 30-Lap Memory Recall Black and Gray Resin Watch
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on December 5, 2014
I have used this style and model for years. Well, I guess compromising for cost finally caught up with Times because the strap or band is now a hard plastic which is not easy to " latch " or connect. I was really disappointed and this issue makes a big difference in the functionality of this watch. Putting it on and taking it off is a hassle now. I still have the older model and the band material is a soft, ply-able rubber like material. Not going to send it back cause of the shipping cost. Maybe I will give it as a Christmas gift. That would be naughty though wouldn't it ? Oh well...........
on July 7, 2014
I loved this watch until the band came off and neither I nor any watch repairer I talked to could replace the band on the watch. Which is a total scam - how in the world does Timex get away with manufacturing a watch whose band can't be replaced?

In any event - this would be a great running watch if the band stayed on. But since it didn't and it is pretty useless as a hobo pocketwatch I have to give it two stars.
on December 28, 2013
The "split" button is difficult to press while running at times; you have to press it at a certain angle and it's not always easy to do when you're in the middle of a run or a track workout. The Indiglo also stopped working out of nowhere after about 4 months. Strange because this watch has never been submerged or exposed to any substantial amount of water.

Otherwise, a decent watch.
on January 23, 2012
I'm a big fan of these watches (are we arrogant enough to go with 'timepieces'?) and I've had about 6 or them over the years. With the price, it's often easier to simply replace them than change the battery and risk compromising the waterproofness. My most recent one, however, I am displeased with.

Firstly, the wristband rubber feels cheaper and plasticy. It's not supple or as comfortable as my previous ones (of the same model). The watch itself is largely the same, which is what one would expect. However, the watch I purchased showed itself a few months later to not be entirely waterproof--a clear manufacturer defect. Unfortunately, I was out of the Amazon return period and Timex will enforce its warranty only after you pay money to mail it in with a check for the return postage. Why should I pay an extra $10-15 to have a manufacturer defect fixed? I've been very pleased with these watches up until this point--right now, I don't know that I would buy one again.
on December 22, 2013
I purchased this watch because it was the same style that my father had been using for years. His has worked very well, and he had only had to replace the band and batteries on occasion (he was a firefighter, so it had some wear and tear on it.). I'm not sure if they have changed the manufacturing process or if I just got a bad apple, but within a month of purchase my indiglo feature stopped working (which is essential since I work nights). So now it is being shipped off for warranty work, which will cost me $7.00 in shipping, almost a quarter of what I payed for the watch.
on November 29, 2011
This is an OK watch. The battery lasted for years. But when the battery wears out, you can not replace it yourself. They have the watch rigged so you need special tools and expertise to replace it. Sorry, but that's a jerk thing to do, IMHO.
on July 28, 2013
I read where it's pretty common for the light to fail on this watch. Mine failed after just two days. Otherwise it's a good basic watch - but it sure doesn't look good for Timex to have such a common problem (read other reviews) with a basic function.
on March 11, 2014
Be warned: These Triathlon watches look very sleek, but replacing the band (at least on mine) is much harder than before. If you can't get it on, you no longer have a wearable watch.

First, the store where I've been buying replacement bands doesn't even carry one for this model (apparently because they're too hard to swap out). So instead of having it done, free, while I wait, I had to buy one online from Timex with a week for delivery. And then put it on.

Mine arrived this morning. I usually pop the old one off and the new one on with a knife blade in five minutes. After prying the old one off, I was applying so much pressure on the new one's spring bar that it was becoming literally dangerous. The pin hole is so tiny and the fit so tight that after 15 minutes I finally gave up before I slashed myself.

I'll try again later, but I suspect I may have to take it to a store and pay them to install it—if they can or will. If I have to buy a new watch, it won't be a Timex, ever.
on February 13, 2014
Indiglo light failed after 6 months. This feature was one of the main reasons why I got this watch. Unfortunately it didn't last long. Warranty requires $8 payment for return postage plus insured shipping. Basically I will end up paying half the cost of the watch to get a replacement for a manufacturing defect. Other than this, this watch it really good.
on May 28, 2012
Within the first hour the watch strap broke, had to pay to repair as i could not fix after hours of trying. The watch seems very small could it be a ladies watch???