5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use
I have been trying out different pedometers (5) to find one I really like. The Timex is the least complicated and easiest to use. It is also very accurate. I find the spring loaded clip very secure, even when jogging. All in all a good product at a reasonable price.
Published on February 15, 2008 by Richard Schneider

1.0 out of 5 stars Timex Pedometer
Published on April 13, 2008 by Mackenzie Green

1.0 out of 5 stars Timex Pedometer, April 13, 2008
This review is from: Timex T5E011 Digital Pedometer (Sports)
The Timex pedometer is totally useless for my purposes. I found that when walking on concrete or hard surfaces it is fairly accurate. But I live in Colorado and mostly walk on unpaved trails, grass, etc. After purchasing this pedometer, I noticed that it was in major disagreement on the number of steps involved walking various trails I had walked for years using other pedometers. After doing some experiments on various surfaces it became clear to me that on softer unpaved surfaces this pedometer was totally inaccurate being in error by as much as 50%.

I finally assumed that I had a defective product and decided to send it back to Timex, although after looking at other reviews of this product this may just be a piece of junk that can't count steps accurately on varying surfaces. After consulting my Warranty I discovered that the repair was free of charge but:

"Please include the following with your pedometer to cover postage and handling (this is not a repair charge); a U.S. $7.00 check or money order in the U.S. . . . "

What a second. They're charging me $7.00 on a $13.16 pedometer to repair or replace it, although they refuse to call it a repair charge. I'm sorry but this is outrageous and I'm going to toss this thing in the garbage and find another product that works.

3.0 out of 5 stars Timex pedometer, November 13, 2007
This review is from: Timex T5E011 Digital Pedometer (Sports)
This pedometer is very inconsistent. I walk a similar path every day, in various direction, about 2 miles. Some days it reads .67 miles and some it's 1.97. The instructions are to wear the device on your hip, and I do. My older pedometer just needed a battery. Lucky for me. I went back to the old one and the Timex will end up in a drawer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, February 15, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little friend, September 4, 2007
This review is from: Timex T5E011 Digital Pedometer (Sports)
This is not a cheap plastic pedometer with a clip that will crack off easily. This pedometer is very light & sleek, unlike some I've had that were rather bulky. There is a nice large number display, easy to read. I figured a Timex would be a good brand for a pedometer. I am very satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!!!, May 31, 2008
This review is from: Timex T5E011 Digital Pedometer (Sports)
This is the first Pedometer that I have ever purchased and I use it for walking only. I must say that this unit was easy to set up is accurate and works great. It is very accurate from a per step perspective, I have to assume that the calorie counter works as it says it does. This unit also provides accurate walking distance in miles or kilometers as well. I have been using this unit for over two months now and the clip is still as strong as when I opened the box. If your looking for a Pedometer for walking I would highly recommend this model.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine for a couple of only....., May 20, 2008
This review is from: Timex T5E011 Digital Pedometer (Sports)
I was looking for a pedometer that had a spring clip and a cover to avoid accidental resets. It worked perfectly the first 2 or 3 times that I went walking. Then it seemed to gradually count less and less of my steps so I tested it and found that it was only counting about 80% of my steps. I tried it a couple of more times thinking it might be a fluke occurrence. I re-tested it again and the count was down to 40%. Tried a few more times with the same results. It was never dropped or bumped, it just stopped working. Useless to me. Returned for refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for knowing how far you've gone in a day!, December 6, 2007
This review is from: Timex T5E011 Digital Pedometer (Sports)
This is my second pedometer and I'm very happy with it. It's super easy to use. You set your stride length and your weight ... and away you go. It's amazingly accurate as far as being able to calculate distance ... and therefore I trust that the number of steps and calories it calculates must also be accurate. It's fun to know where you stand at the end of the day ... I mean ... who knew that clogging for 2 hours takes 10,000 steps!!! And that just putzing around the house all day takes 2,000 steps ... If you want to do the 10,000 steps per day recommendation, you need one of these. I always thought that walking around the neighborhood every day was good enough ... and it was a revelation to know that I wasn't taking nearly as many steps as I thought!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great..., February 28, 2008
This review is from: Timex T5E011 Digital Pedometer (Sports)
This little pedometer is very convenient for slipping on your belt or waistband, and just forgetting about it for the day. I love the feature where you can just flip it open while still attached and see how far you've walked. I'd buy this again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Fine, February 13, 2012
This review is from: Timex T5E011 Digital Pedometer (Sports)
I bought this device because it was made by Timex (know manugacturer) and because of the low price. Despite some other negative commentsl, I find that this device seems to work accurately and gives me number of steps, distance and calories burned. It is small and not burdensome to wear and so far I have had no trouble with it falling off by my walking. I have used it for about a dozen walks and the results are very similar for the same distance that I walk each day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pedometer, July 6, 2007
This review is from: Timex T5E011 Digital Pedometer (Sports)
I was just starting out with the whole idea of using a pedometer and weight maintenance. This one was perfect. It's lightweight and easy to use and read.

Timex T5E011 Digital Pedometer