5.0 out of 5 stars Ironman 30 lap
Published on February 17, 2010 by R. Bianco

1.0 out of 5 stars No FLIX
It clearly says the watch offers the hands-free FLIX Indigo activation. However, that feature is not on this watch. That's really the only reason I bought this model.
Published on February 8, 2012 by Mike

5.0 out of 5 stars Ironman 30 lap, February 17, 2010
This is the best watch for the money. This is my 3rd Ironman 30 Lap. They are virtually indestructible. I only upgrade when the battery gets low after about 4 years. I've tried other watches for a few months between 30 laps, but can't find anything I like as much and keep going back. Thinner than most. Forward and backward setting of times and alarms- you don't have to go 'around the horn' to set your alarm for 10 minutes earlier. Great features, accurate, and tough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch with replaceable strap!, May 25, 2008
This watch is very good at doing what it says it does. The multiple alarms (3) are really useful. The watch is slightly improved for the triathlon I had in the early 90s. Although it is a digital watch, it doesn't look too ostentatious. My favorite thing about this watch is that you can replace the strap if it breaks, which is not the case on the newer sleek-style timex watches (also I don't really like the way they look).

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect!, May 3, 2013
Dave Larkin (Alexandria, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timex Men's T5H581 Ironman Traditional 30-Lap Watch (Misc.)
I've had this model Ironman watch on my wrist for a couple of years now showering, running, hiking, canoeing, swimming, globe trotting, and it hasn't failed me, ever. It has a lot of features and everything it does, it does well.

The only slight negative I has is that the strap retainer isn't as effective as it was when I first got it. I have to keep the restrainer up the strap 1/4 inch to keep it working.

Also, this is a 2011 model with a 3.5 year battery, so it's not going to give you a full lifespan you might expect as it's now 2013. Changing the battery usually breaks the water reistance and you end up with a "dry only" watch... something to consider with any sport watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic watch, April 6, 2011
this is a fantastic watch. i had a previous generation of ironman watch before and was so happy with it. didn't have to replace the battery in 5 years and the only reason i bought a new one was because the band was cracking. i heavily used that watch, and now this one. i am in a profession where i am constantly logging times, so i always have it on if i am awake. i have used this one for a little over 6 months now and the only useful difference in this one and the old generation's is that it has multiple alarms you can set. i don't use them, but it is a nice feature if you need to use multiple alarms. as with the previous ironman i had, i am extremely happy. you really can't go wrong with this type of watch, the only difference in the models is the color..... have fun! excellent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars First time Ironman purchaser, January 19, 2013
I wanted to write this review because of my immense satisfaction with this product. It is perhaps the best purchase I have made on Amazon. The watch comes with several settings including Chronograph, Timer, Occasion reminder, and 3 alarms. It has indiglo (without flix) but you can set it so that the indiglo light will come on with every button push. I was looking for a watch with these features, but most especially that the watch face would be easy to read while running without squinting and that it would not overwhelm my female arm. It does in fact meet this criteria and is the perfect size. I also swim with the watch and wear it in the shower regularly but have not experienced fog or an issue with water getting inside the watch. I only push buttons when I have emerged from the water (not while underwater). Overall, I have had the watch for six months- I really enjoy its durability and features.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing watch, November 15, 2011
I bought this watch grudgingly since another Timex I lusted for was no longer availible. This watch has perfect sized digits to read close up or far away, the indigo light gives just the right amount of glow without straining nor upsetting your eyes, the band is very durable I work delivering boxes and have had both the watch and band banged and mistreated with no visible signs of wear and tear even on the face. It is pretty easy to use and the instructions are very clear. I love the date and day being displayed as well as being able to put it in military time. A durable little watch at a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, but one Caveat, March 20, 2010
Chuck (Vancouver, WA) - See all my reviews
I had a hard time deciding whether I should rate this Watch 4 Or 5 Stars.

My criteria: A full-featured runner's watch AND a great All-the-Time watch. This watch has all the key features: It's Comfortable; It is Light & Unobtrusive; Lap & Split times display Together & you can make the Lap-time Primary; Chrono Start/Stop buttons are well-placed; & It has a Repeatable countdown timer.

The problem? As you can see from this watch's photo, it combines a rather narrow Font with a rather Dark background -- So Readability is only _FAIR_. When I choose my next watch, I will pay more attention to this aspect.

One excellent touch Timex added to this watch: Most Runner's Watches offer about 4 "Modes" that you have to cycle through to return to the main screen (Chrono, Countdown, Alarm, Etc.), even though most users typically use only 2 or 3 Modes. This watch lets you "Hide" (& easily Restore) the Modes you don't use: You decide the watch's feature-set.

In sum: a Great runner's watch that Should have higher legibility.

1.0 out of 5 stars No FLIX, February 8, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars on my fith one, and only one flaw detected, February 7, 2014
I've been wearing these watches 24 hours a day for about 20 years. They work flawlessly, through everything, for about four years between batteries. They're streamlined, and tend not to catch on your sleeves. They are light, and tough, and completely impervious to water.
However, DEET bug spray is kryptonite to the Ironman. That stuff does something to the clear face of the watch (partially melts a coating, perhaps) that leaves that window just a bit blurry. Not terrible, but not ideal. It's the only reason I replace these watches when the battery goes, rather then just the battery. For 30 bucks and change, it's just nice to have a clear crystal, for awhile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect Watch, August 31, 2013
Book Man (Richmond, VA) - See all my reviews
I have owned many different types of watches over the years including expensive dress watches, but I've gotten rid of them all and only use this watch as it is the most comfortable, utilitarian, simple, great featured, low key looking watch.

The indiglo is great - forget having to worry about whether the lum material on the dial is bright enough, it just works and you can always read it. Also, when walking around my house with the lights off and your eyes have adjusted to the dark, you can press the indiglo to navigate to the bathroom or dark room - this has proved invaluable when the kids / wife are asleep.

I really like the date as month and day - I use this function daily when creating reports at work. An annoyance of a dress watch is the date is potentially off 1 day unless you do the end of month adjustment.

Looks: The watch is a low key watch, which is fine for me. It doesn't look cutting edge, nor crappy, just there. I find I can wear it with all occasions, and I wear it with a suit as it blends in.

Stopwatch: Good split timing and stopwatch etc for running intervals and laps. I had a fancy chronograph watch, but honestly, they are hard to read and figure out what the time was - as typically you have to look at 2-3 dials to get the total elapsed time.

Accuracy: I'm not a time hawk so I can't say how accurate it is, but it after 3 years it seems like the time is still correct within 1 minute.

Alarms: The alarm function is very useful to me when travelling. It is loud enough to wake me up.

Minor Issues: The band will probably break in 3-6 years. For me around 5 years, it gets a little beat up, the battery is about dead. For about $30 bucks you replace it.

Also, with my 2nd watch sometimes moisture clouds the interior window, but that is only every 3rd month, this doesn't affect anything.

Suggested improvements: Make the white writing a grey to blend in more, get rid of the logo on the face.

Rate and Discover Movies