5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeds Expectations
I purchased this watch to replace an older Polar heart rate monitor with dead batteries in the chest strap and the monitor. The design of that product required me to send both units in for replacement by a Polar service center. The cost was nearly as much as the cost of this timex heart rate monitor.

I am so pleased with this product. The instructon manual...
Published on February 6, 2008 by Chuck

3.0 out of 5 stars Battery Hungry
1. The product does everything that it claims to do.
2. The watch looks nice enough to wear all the time as your main watch.

3. The strap that needs to be used to send your heart beats is comfortable.
4. You can learn the HRM quickly if you fool around with it a little bit. If you are a computer nerd, you will learn it in less that one hour.
5...
Published on August 30, 2008 by Kambiz1

‹ Previous | 121 22 2332 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent HRM, May 8, 2012
This review is from: Timex T5J031 Unisex Digital Fitness Heart Rate Monitor Watch (Sports)
I've had this Heart Rate Monitor for nearly a year and it's been a steadfast performer. The watch element is straightforward to operate and the readout, while small, is easy on the eyes. The chest strap is well made and comfortable. I've use it about once per week and as yet have not had to replace any battery. If you're looking for a simple HRM with settable training zones this would be a good choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great HRM, May 1, 2012
Bought this for tracking calorie burn and keeping in the zone for Slim in 6, and now P90X. It is easy to set up, as long as you read the instructions. The strap is comfortable once you get used to it (feels weird at first).

My only complaint is that the calorie burn calculator does not take into consideration the fact that I am female. For example, after a round of Plyometrics it will say my burn was 1000+ calories, in fact it was only 700ish. Not a huge deal, I just have to take a few minutes after my workout to crunch the numbers.

Overall, this HRM is a great tool for fitness and weight loss. It will tell you when your heart rate is too low or too high, which is really motivating. For the price and functionality you really can't beat it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, April 27, 2012
Good product works very well. Has alot of features, that I have not even tapped into yet. Also I have alot of hair on my chest so I was worried it would not pick up a reading very well, it has never missed a beat. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a reasonably priced good working heart rate monitor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Alarm loud enough, April 17, 2012
I purchased this watch/heart rate monitor in 2009 and it is still working well. One of my main concerns when I purchased this watch was that the timer alarm would be loud enough to hear while jump-roping and listening to music with ear-buds. While I don't always hear the alarm signaling the end of my workout, I usually do. I however do not have my music volume real loud. It is certainly louder than any other watch I have tried. Overall I am happy with all the functions of the watch. I can also set a range that I want to keep my heart-rate at and can hear the beeping of the watch if it gets too slow or too fast.

4.0 out of 5 stars Like it!, April 5, 2012
Very pleased with this heart rate monitor. I use it for running and general workouts. I like the calories burned option and how you can look at all the data while still working out. This is very nice if your goal is to burn so many calories - you know when you've reached it! It is a bit bulky for a woman. I have it on the last available notch and it's alright, any smaller than me and it may be too big for you (I'm small framed but not petite). Easy to set up and easy to use, chest strap is comfortable and so far the readings have been pretty acurate with hand sensor at the gym. I was ok with it not talking to the gym equipment because I generally work out outside or at home.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price, April 4, 2012
Seems to work OK. Let me say that I am not as scientific or accurate as others when it comes to my heart rate during a workout, so I am not sure if it is completely accurate. However, I took some measurements when at rest, and from there, I just use a % over resting HR to figure out where it should be during the workout (accurate or not). The watch has some good functions if you take the time to read the instructions.

Pros:
1) Seems to track HR accurately
2) Watch has some good features such as workout review, HR recovery, chronometer, back-light...etc
3) Well written instructions
4) Replaceable battery on the chest strap

Cons:
1) The chest strap chaffs a little after an hour long workout.
2) The notch at the end of the watch band is a little annoying

Only other comment I will make is that a nice feature would be a built in pedometer.

All in all, does what I wanted it to do, and the price was pretty good.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's useful for runners, February 19, 2012
You can know the heart rate accurately with this watch. It needs a looooong time to adjust the heart rate monitor belt..

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch Great Price, February 13, 2012
This watch did everything it advertised it would do, and at a great price. Very good quality compared to some others sold on Amazon for less. You can tell the moment you hold the watch that it is sturdy. I am very happy with this purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars worked great for three months, December 24, 2011
Ordered this HRM to maintain target heart rate during workouts. Liked all the features that the watch provides. But like the title, it worked great for three months. Now it is not receiving data from the chest strap. Would wipe down the transmitter after every work and it still crapped out on me. New batteries with a reset did nothing. Well on to search for a new HRM that will last more than a couple months.

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs memory, December 13, 2011
This monitor does all of the things it says it does and it does record laps, which many do not. I gave it three stars because it needs to keep more than 1 reading. Every new exercise requires that the watch be reset to zero.

‹ Previous | 121 22 2332 | Next ›