Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on April 10, 2011
This watch has everything you need from a basic sport watch- especially for the price. Very readable numbers. If you have a very small wrist, this is not the watch for you.
on October 30, 2008
This Timex watch is a real bargain, but it does have a very large works, which is about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Clearly, this is too large for a smaller wrist, and accordingly not truly unisex.
The watch itself was easy to set up and has a large readable display. However, the function buttons are labeled in red against a gray background and are difficult to read. The start/stop, indiglo, mode, and set buttons are in the same locations on the dial as my previous Timex Ironman watch, so the functions were familiar to me.

Bottom line - If you have a large wrist, prefer a large display, and are short on cash, I recommend this watch. Otherwise, get the Timex Ironman.
on July 5, 2012
I bought this watch to wear for timing exercises at the gym. I was disappointed to find out that it beeps with every button press, and this cannot be disabled (normally). I didn't want to listen to it beep constantly while using the stopwatch.

If you're like me and prefer a silent watch, you can disable the beep "speaker" (piezo element) semi-permanently. Start by removing the back of the watch case. You will see a tiny spring which connects to the watch back. Place a small piece of scotch tape over this spring, which will prevent electrical contact. Put the cover back on and seal the watch up.

Now the watch will no longer beep when you press a button, but it'll also no longer beep if you try to use the alarm or timer functions so you'll have to decide which is more important to you. To re-enable, remove the tape.

Other than that, for $15, this is a great watch. I was a little concerned that it'd be too big based on other reviews, but it's what I would consider an average sized man's watch and what I was looking for. It's definitely not as big as a G-Shock or any of the other huge watches, but perhaps it would be considered large versus a standard women's watch.

5 stars minus one for annoying beep.
on November 22, 2010
Have had absolutely no problems with this watch, all functions work great, fits comfortably, looks pretty decent and only cost me around $15. Very happy with my purchase
on July 24, 2014
An inexpensive, good quality watch that does everything I need it to. I did not want to pay near $100 for a watch that did everything. All I need from my watch is to tell the time. Letting me know the day of the week and the date is a nice bonus. It is water resistant so I don't worry about washing my hands. I had owned an older version of this watch for several years. I had scratched up the face and some of the surrounding plastic piece and then I caught the band on something and tore a big hunk out. I think it was cheaper to buy the new watch them to get a new watch band. I have owned Timex watch for the last 25 - 30 years and have never had any problem with any of them.
If you are looking for a dependable trouble free watch with out all the extras that most of us never use this is a great watch!
on September 22, 2014
I think this is the most attractive among Timex 1440 series watches. Read-out is large and crisp. Great value for the price. However, the description on the site is wrong in two regards. First it says the case thickness is 10mm but in fact it is 13mm, which disappointed me. Second, the description says "24-Hour Countdown Timer with Stop and Repeat", whereas it should instead say "... Stop and Resume". I bought the watch thinking it could automatically repeat the previous countdown start setting, but instead you have to reset the start setting each time, going through a laborious process of Set and Mode presses to get the desired hours and/or minutes and/or seconds. I wanted countdowns of just 45 seconds periodically at the gym, but it would take practically 45 seconds to set that up each time. So instead I just use the Stopwatch to count Up, keeping my eye out for when it reaches 45 seconds, which shows in large numerals.
on September 19, 2012
This watch has to be the best Sports watch that i have bought, first of all the watch is not that big as all the reviews say it is, this is more of a mans watch but it is not huge like the reviews say, it looks much more expensive than what it is, very light weight and i love the gray color on it, i was so tired of buying a black color for a sports watch, another thing i like about this watch is that it has a minimal sort of design, unlike the other sports watches that have alot of words on the face, also i like that it only has a aliitle bit of color (red) on the buttons only, the color of the strap closer is stainless steel type of look which looks nice instead of some sports watches that have a plastic strap closer and most importantly what out stands to me on this watch is the actual face shape of the watch, it has a nice shape and size, when i looked at other sports watches they look like if the strap was bigger than the face of the watch, last but not least, love the indiglo light feature, i bought this watch for work (construction) but i like it so much that i dont wanna use it for work now but i will
on August 6, 2012
My 15 year old son who's all gas and no brakes is hard on watches. His 1st Timex 1440 lasted three years which was amazing. It's still running but the band broke. It was cheaper to replace the whole watch than just the band. He picked out this style and really likes it.
Good for timing sports as it has a count down timer and a stop watch. Even swimming, sailing and boy scouts can't stop this watch.
on September 16, 2014
Great Watch! Finally a digital watch without the bulky feel like the rest. Very comfortable to wear and has all the functional settings that a digital watch should have. What i enjoy most about the 1440 is the band. The band has a notch at the end to lock into the loop that keeps the band from hanging out. Nice attention to detail for such a cost effective watch.
on March 31, 2014
My old watch died and I wanted something that would do what I need (time, date, stopwatch) and look nice, and I didn't want to spend a lot of money. This watch does just that. The size of the watch is also a pleasant surprise - not too big, not too small. Lastly the size of the numbers is really nice - the time and date are incredibly easy to read without being stupid big. Very satisfied