5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, basic and surprisingly good looking
I purchased this watch to replace an ironman watch with a fastwrap band. The fastwrap band (fabric & velcro) was great but absorbed water (and sweat) and subsequently developed an odor that I could not remove, so I was looking specifically for a watch with a rubber or resin band that was inexpensive for use at the gym.

I ordered this watch mostly on price and...
Published on April 17, 2010 by Paul J DeSimone

1.0 out of 5 stars Band broke after 2 months...
I bought this watch after reading the mostly positive reviews, and I must say I was completely happy with it until the band suddenly broke where it connects to the watch after only 2 months. The pin was fine, but the plastic hole the pin fit into was so shallow that the pin would no longer hold the band to the watch.

I realize this is a cheap watch pricewise,...
Published on January 11, 2011 by J. Abendroth

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, basic and surprisingly good looking, April 17, 2010
Paul J DeSimone (Central New Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timex Men's T5K086 1440 Sport Watch with Black Band (Watch)

I ordered this watch mostly on price and that it looked pretty basic. I was extremely pleased when I received the watch. It's actually quite good looking. It does the usual stuff like alarms, timers, and of course time. The ring that holds the excess band in place has a little nub on the inside that sort of snaps into an unused buckle hole that keeps the excess band from eventually flopping around and getting caught on things. You know what they say - "it's the little things."

I might even buy another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cheap watch, August 17, 2009
Bought this watch for running. I don't need a fancy GPS or Heart Monitor watch, but something with an alarm and stopwatch. So far this has worked great. Durable (got it wet a few times) and comfortable for running. Exactly what I needed and the price was really good. I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A bargain and a darn good watch, May 29, 2010
This watch is an excellent value for what you get. It has a band that fits my large wrist with one notch to spare. The time number is 3/8th of an inch tall. Easy to see for older folks. The day of the month is about 1/4 of an inch tall. The month is not shown however. No problem as most of us know what month we are in. The day of the week is a little poor in reading but you will get used to it. Water resistant but do not hit a button hard under water as it will leak. It has an extra time slot for showing a different time zone once you set it. Nothing fancy or complicated here. I won't have to constantly school myself and check a manual to operate it as the controls are laid out simply. I don't need to jam my finger in hard to press the button in. THIS WATCH WAS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR. Simple, cheap and no big deal if it gets broken. I will buy another when the time comes. I hope Timex keeps selling it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good watch for the price, May 29, 2009
Jay Byrd (Lexington, SC USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this watch strictly for the countdown timer, which I believe are increasingly hard to find. The watch is very inexpensive, but it is well worth the money. It is easy to operate and the dial light is just right. It is tough and also very suitable for swimming and snorkeling.

1.0 out of 5 stars Band broke after 2 months..., January 11, 2011

I realize this is a cheap watch pricewise, but to break after 2 months is a little extreme. When I went online to check the warranty and how to go about getting a replacement, I noticed that only the watch itself, not the band, is covered under the warranty. Of course, the watch doesn't do me much good if I can't wear it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, simple, TIMEX quality, April 27, 2010
I was looking for a simple, cheap, (maybe even expedible) digital timepiece for backpacking. I ran across the 1440 line by Timex. There's really something for just about any active person in this line of affordable watches, the majority being around $15-$16 here on Amazon.

Pros: lightweight, I LOVE all the information on the main screen--LARGE time, seconds, date and day of the week. It also has a stopwatch and countdown timer. It's personal choice, but this is best looking of the 1440s for men...I like the mostly black look with the blue ring. Water proof to way further than I'll ever go (I'm not a diver). PRICE!!! At less than $16, it's a steal! Very comfortable watchband, and even for big arms like mine.

Cons: the second time zone feature is useless to me, but hey, it might work for some folks. And maybe it won't work with dress clothes, but I wasn't buying a dress watch.

Bottom line: get one. I personally like this over the couple Ironmans I've owned. It's simple to use, does what it's supposed to do, and doesn't break the bank doing so.

Cheers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy!, May 22, 2012
This is a great watch for the money. It has many more features than I expected for the price. It displays time, day of the week and month very clearly and in 12 hour or 24 hour format. It has a stopwatch, a count-down timer, alarm and alternate time - which is a great feature if you travel across time-zones. The quality of the band is what you would expect, but so far it has held up to running, biking, basketball and pull ups very well. It is also is very easy to use and set, which is not always the case these days. A good buy for the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Item different than description, July 9, 2013
I ordered this watch for
2 time clocks
stopwatch
countdown timer
alarm

The product I received was the same model number listed online, but it looked very, very slightly different than amazon's picture and was completely missing the countdown timer function. I played around with it and could not find it and there was no mention of it in the directions. I've read many reviews looking how to fix this, but I seem to be one of the only ones with this particular issue. I'm just going to return it and go for the Timex Men's T53151 30 lap for a bit more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Bang for the Buck, January 22, 2010
Navin Ram "Vigilante Eagle" (West Melbourne, FL United States) - See all my reviews
I got back into running and was looking for a cheap watch that had a stop watch feature. The one thing that impressed me was that despite it's price, it does not have a cheap feel. It actually feels verys sturdy. I'm giving 5 stars not because it's the best watch out there, but it's the best for the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars problems with the buttons, February 20, 2013
I bought this watch and I had problems with the buttons after 1 month. One button came out, the spring was lost and I could not fix it. The watch is still working but I cannot use its functions as the buttons do not work.

Timex Men's T5K086 1440 Sport Watch with Black Band