Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on August 6, 2015
The watch is EASILY one of the best investments you'll ever make! There are only two reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5. First, the directions don't seem to explain what the circle on the watch's face is for and how to use it. It does everything else properly so I'll just ignore that feature - whatever it is!
Second, and most important, is the wristband. Yes, it can be changed, but there is not another one made to fit it properly. In that case, asking whether or not the band can be changed is moot.
In fact, I owned a similar watch with a wristband shaped the same way as this one where it attaches to the watch. It only needed a new band, but neither Amazon nor I could find one so I had to buy this WHOLE watch.
Buyer beware: To their credit, Amazon did pay for this new watch since a replacement band could not be found for me, but who knows if they will be that generous with you.
on November 30, 2015
Overall this is a pretty decent watch for the price. However, buyer beware, despite that the description states (unless Amazon has corrected it) "features an easy-to-use 24-hour countdown timer", THIS MODEL DOES NOT HAVE A COUNTDOWN TIMER. Had I known this I more than likely would not have purchased this watch. Although I rarely have need for one and so never checked that it had one, believing the product description, when I did realize that it had no countdown timer it was already past the period for me to return the item. Other than this, it's a decent watch. But for the life of me, countdown timers seem to be a standard feature on just about any digital watch. It would be like buying a vehicle that didn't have windshield wipers, you may rarely need them, but boy do they come in handy when you do.
on March 7, 2014
I purchased a watch from a major retailer for about $10 just to use when working out and running. I later learned that the controls were far from intuitive and the band often clipped my skin when I was putting it on. Frustrated, I finally looked for a replacement online. This watch is a major upgrade and you can't beat the Timex brand. I love the easy to read face. The back light light is a nice added touch. It is simple but more than sufficient for my needs. I also haven't had any issues with the band.

The watch also doesn't look like a cheap watch that I just want to keep in my gym bag. It is nice enough that I find myself wearing it all day during the weekends (despite having many other very nice options). I've had it for less than a month and I am still very happy with my purchase.
on April 3, 2015
The watchband pin receptacle broke and it is unusable now except as a pocket watch in less than 6 months use.
on June 27, 2013
I am going snorkeling and wanted a cheap waterproof watch to take with me. I tested it out several times in my pool with no problems. (one note) the instructions say do NOT press the buttons while underwater, so I am making sure never to do that.
The water has a sturdy band, and looks great for the price. It wasn't too difficult to set after reading the instructions a couple times, and has a very easy to read display. All in all, I don't think you can go wrong at this price if you are looking for a water resistant watch. Even if it fails at some point, its a small investment.

8/16/13
Just got back from my trip to Tahiti and this watch is still ticking! I wore it everyday and was in the water constantly, snorkeling, swimming, kayaking, etc. Fantastic watch!
on August 18, 2012
I have worn this watch for several months. It wears well at work and just as well when I'm out on my kayak. The curve of the watch and band fits my wrist perfectly. Comfortable and just the right weight. Indiglo light works just fine and it's easy to set. It has sped up just a 2-3 minutes over several months, and that is no big deal to me because I hate to ever be late. Easy to read the time and date.

All in all for less than 20 dollars I can't see a better value, and it looks good too. Buying this watch for general everyday use is a no-brainer.

-- Update Dec 2014---
I'm still wearing this watch every week. Still on the original battery, and it still keeps great time. No issues with the original band either. Thumbs up!
on September 2, 2014
Basic watch, fits my huge hands and wrist. Did not want Ironman with additional buttons to hit while working on a car or other endeavour. Rarely use other watch functions. Most stores have a crumby selection, here could order anything at best price. My old beat up Timex finally broke the watch band. So - spend 10 bucks on a new band for a beat up, scratched up, dial missing watch or spend $20 bucks on a new watch with new band? I tried expensive watches but I either broke the watch crystal or lost the watch. The last 20 years I bought cheap Timex-s that never break and I replace the watch when the band finally breaks. For some reason I can't loose the cheap Timex's?
on September 3, 2013
I was looking for a watch to use when coaching my son's soccer team. I wanted a timer so I could time their drills. The watch has a time, but you need to set the desired time every time you use it. Kind of a pain, and no way (that I could figure out) that you can reset the timer once you've started. For example, if you set the timer for 2 minutes and then stop it at 1:37, you can't reset it to 2:00 without letting the timer run out. You can add time, but the 37 seconds will remain.

So now my son has a watch. The face has a few scratches after a week but that's probably my son being a boy. For the price I'm fine letting him use it.
on October 18, 2013
I'm hard on my watches (the face gets scratched, etc) so I only allow myself to spend under $20 because I know I'll want a new one after several years. This is at least my fourth Timex 1440 and it is my favorite. It has all of the features of the other watches I had but the face is so much easier to read than any of the predecessors. The numbers are large and easy to read (can you tell I have over-40 eyes? :-). I know it's time for a new one when the plastic wrist band creases and breaks (the band doesn't appear to be replaceable), but by then it's all scratched up and I'm ready for a new one anyway so the timing works out perfectly.
on February 14, 2014
My husband is a bit of a watch-freak and has been known to use a portion of our tax returns to splurge on some higher-end timepiece. He needed a watch to wear for mountain and road biking, and I was worried that if left up to him, he'd end up exercising in some museum piece. I bought him this as a stocking stuffer on the strength of my fellow Amazonian reviewers, and he loved it so much, he asked for a second as a backup. I'm delighted because the reviews were spot on and the price is almost too low to be believed, he's delighted because it's comfortable, reliable, and really hip-looking on.