Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on May 2, 2011
This is a great watch with a face thats big but not too big (unless you like watches with really big faces) I bought a Timex 1440 T5J561 last year and although it was a great watch I found the 40mm case diameter a little too small for a sports watch so I gave it away. This model T5K239 with a 44mm case diameter is perfect for me. I use it for running and the display is big for easy viewing. Its also light but not light enough that you forget that you are wearing a watch. Pls take note that the color of the band is not black as indicated in the description by Amazon, its actually dark/midnight blue(closer to the picture which makes the description and picture confusing) but the color still works for me. Also the letters for the days are really small so that I can't see them well even when I am standing still but its not a deal breaker. Great watch, great price. 5 stars in my book.
on January 15, 2015
So here's what you need to know. For $15, it does everything you need it to. It will tell time, the date, be a stopwatch, and light up in the dark briefly. The downside, and why it's not 5 stars, is because EVERYTIME you touch a button, except for the light, it beeps very loudly. Every hour it chimes loudly. I can't even use this as an alarm b/c it wakes me up near the end of my sleep. I don't even wear it out b/c anytime I touch a button I distract others. I wouldn't buy this again but it works so if you want a watch and don't care about a beep loud enough to wake you from sleep then get this but buyer beware!
on July 30, 2015
This purchase was a gift for my husband. He had worn a similar watch for years until recently the strap simply wore into two pieces. The watch has all the modern features without being so gaudy. It has a masculine look. It stands up to outside use, ie: moisture, hard knocks and the lens does fog up. My husband really likes this Timex watch, and he would recommend a purchase.
review image
on August 29, 2013
I bought this watch for my kids and it is a very nice watch. Looks really well and easy to operate with a very clear display and at an awesome price.

Only down side is that does not work well if your wrist is small, since it does not have enough holes. I actually drilled a couple more to fix it.
Everything else is wonderful
on June 8, 2015
TL;DR: The 1140 is a well thought-out watch.

For every watch I've owned I like to set the strap to be just slightly loose. I'd rather have a watch slide around than leave an imprint/cut off circulation in my arm. For small, lightweigh watches like those tiny square Casios, they slide around a lot - which gets annoying. This Timex 1140 stays on PERFECTLY. The plastic silver body, along with the large 40+mm watch face, is about as wide as my wrist. There's no leeway to slide around, and I can stop cinching my strap too tightly. The double tabs in the strap keep the little strap buckle from sliding around as well. And it catches my arm hair much less than other watches.

The watch face is large and very easy to read. Its basic functions, like the stopwatch, worked fine as well. I like the fade-out of the Indiglo backlight; maybe it's a side effect of the wiring, or deliberately engineered? Either way, it's a nice touch. The watch is good, cheap ol' rubber/plastic, sure, but the black & matte chrome on top give it a very slight hint of style. I wouldn't be ashamed of wearing this watch amidst a bunch of Rolex'd snobs

Water resistance wasn't a problem, regardless of rain, sweaty bike rides, hot tubs, or swimming in a lap pool. I've only had the watch for a month, but so far it's great.

For the $14 I paid for it, this watch is hands-down the best I've ever owned.
on February 15, 2015
Like another review, mine is not a Timex either. It only says "1440 Sports" and "WR50M" with no Timex indication on front or back. The date display also slightly differs from the picture on the listing. All that being said, it works fine as a sports watch. I like the larger than average face as well.
review image
on October 31, 2014
Great watch for the price. Good size, and the indigo light for night time is very nice. All the features work as advertised. I would buy this again, but have a couple of thoughts for improvement:
1. For the countdown timer, you always have to set a number. I'd like it to remember the last number I set and start from there. Would save a lot of time for setting repeat timers for the same time.
2. Option to turn off the sound. My hearing is great at the high frequency it uses and my family and dog hear it before I do. It aggravates them and I wish I could just turn it off.
on May 27, 2014
I'm old, my eyesight is poor and I have trouble remembering the day of the month and day of the week. I need to know the day of the week so I take the right medicine. I bought this watch because it shows time, date and day of the week in large and clear letters and digits. It's also easy to set which is important to aged people. The watch arrived very quickly and well packed. The instructions were a bit hard to read because of the type size but I just put on my reading glasses and had the watch set in about 10 minutes. At first the buttons were rather stiff but they became easier to press the more I used them. They are pretty well flush so I don't think they will be pressed accidentally.

So, here's the summary:
* Pros:
* easy to read--large letters and digits
* easy to set
* waterproof
* strong--won't easily break
* attractive
* very well designed strap
* it's Timex
* very low cost makes a great everyday watch

Cons:
* thick and heavy
* I don't need all the features so they just add complication for me
on October 4, 2015
Does what it claims. I wish it had two more alarms and that the countdown timer would reset automatically. But I knew that it didn't do that when I bought it. What I REALLY wish is that they'd make an Ironman version of this watch that looked just as good but has all the Ironman functions. That's the other thing - this watch looks pretty darned good.
on June 29, 2015
I bought this watch because it had Indiglo but was disappointed. First of all, the brightness of the Indiglo is underwhelming and somewhat difficult to see in low light. When it's pitch black to a little easier to see. Also, there is no option to extend the amount of time the Indiglo stays on so using other options requires a constant pressing of the button, which is frustrating. All in all not a bad watch for the low price.