4.0 out of 5 stars Great features - bad back light
This watch has the perfect features for me. It has multiple alarms, and even some special occasion alarms for one time future alarms. I like the three alarms and the alarm features like weekday only or weekend only settings.

Published on May 13, 2007 by C. Gittins

1.0 out of 5 stars not water proof
This is the second Timex "water proof" watch that is not. I just returned from backpacking and white water rafting. Water damaged the watch, which no longer works. Look elsewhere if you depend on a watch in the backcountry.
Published on August 6, 2010 by outdoors guy

4.0 out of 5 stars Great features - bad back light, May 13, 2007

The bad news is that back light is basically useless except in total darkness. This watch does not utilize the highly effective Indiglo backlight. It uses a backlight process that lights only the numbers. The problem is that the lighting is far from bright enough to be used in anything but total darkness. In dusk or dawn conditions, initiating the backlight make the numerals totally invisible.

I only gave this 4 stars, since I have come to know when I can use the backlight, and am comfortable with that.

1.0 out of 5 stars not water proof, August 6, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars A Watch for the Masses, August 11, 2011
I have been using this exact watch for over 3 years now. The features that I find to be useful are the watch's easy to read large digits, the alarm with a nice loud "beep", the stopwatch that can be started and stopped easily, the indiglo light that illuminates the watch very well, and the alternate time zone reading for when I travel. The feature I do not use is the flix technology that is supposed to activate the indiglo with a snap of the wrist. This does not work well.

This is a very good watch for the price. I have had about three Timex Ironman watches over the course of my 30 years of life. I have never had to replace one due to breakage or a failure to work properly. I have to replace the battery (on my previous Ironmans) once every 5 years or so. I use the alarm every morning and the indiglo every night. The battery is still going strong. This watch is light weight. The watch has some cloudy marks on the face that appeared after I got home from vacation at the beach. They might have been caused by the ocean, sand or pool water. This does not make the watch any less readable.

I recommend this watch for someone who wants a timepiece that will last for 5-10 years and does not want to do much maintenance on the device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I want in a watch, April 4, 2011
This watch is one of the best I have purchased. I needed a new watch because my old Timex's band broke. This watch has both 12 and 24 hour digital time. I particularly like how it has multiple alarms, and the stop watch is very handy for when I am biking to see my mile times and compare them. This watch is simple to set and use. I particularly like how it has the day of the week, date and time right on there when I look at it. The indiglo makes it very easy to read when it is dark too. Great watch and cheaper price than Target. I originally purchased this at Target in store and when I got home and checked it out on Amazon it was $8 cheaper!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Watch, February 14, 2011
I've owned this watch for approximately 2 and a half years and it has functioned as advertised. I've ran with it, swam with it and camped with it. The more use I've gotten out of it the more I appreciate it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, August 19, 2014
This review is from: Timex Men's T5K311 Ironman 30-Lap Resin Strap Digital Watch (Watch)
Good value, the one advertised on the web was black. The one I received was orange.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Waterproof so not really for Triathlon use, October 26, 2010
Awal (Denver, CO) - See all my reviews
I've had very bad luck with recent Timex Ironman watches--this model in particular. I've purchased seven of them in the past five years (which includes two for my kids), and they have all allowed water to seep in when swimming. We're talking about 2 or 3 feet deep in the local pool, not anywhere near the 100 meter depth at which these claim to be waterproof. I was able to return several, thinking that it might just be a bad batch or a fluke, but it's happened on each one over time. I don't know if Timex changed their manufacturing process or location, but these are useless now if you ever intend to go near the water with them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad I bought It, November 22, 2008
I use to have a timex watch that was silver but it was giving me a rash so I bought this watch and now I donot get rashes, thanks timex for producting plastic wrist bands