4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch does what it needs to.
Published 23 months ago by Mark R S.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dial is not white
I bought this watch specifically for the high contrast white back ground. On arrival the watch has the typical grey-green dial just like any run of the mill digital watch. The hands become useless because they are transparent with a hint of black around the edges and they fade into the background. If I had bought this watch from Amazon, I would have sent it right back.
Published 15 months ago by PMF

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch does what it needs to., March 3, 2013
This review is from: Timex Men's T5K4039J Ironman 42-Lap Dual-Tech Analog-Digital Orange Resin Strap Watch (Watch)
This watch is nice, but heavy due to the fact the case is stainless steel. Even with my office desk type job, the orange band has started to look dirty, and I have found nothing that will clean it back to it's original bright orange look. I don't think the indigo flunction is very bright on this timex. My old timex that is 6 years old has a brighter backlite than this unit. I also don't care for the fact it only has two alarms. My cheapo Timex had 3, and they could be set daily, weekend, or all days. Why doesn't this watch offer that. Overall it is a fine watch and gets the job done. The crystal seems very tough and has not scratched since I have had it for about 6 months now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow, Great Watch, July 4, 2013
This Timex feels nicely weighted. The band is thick, and supports the watch well, even if it is not cinched tight. The tongue sticks very well in the holes so you don't lose the watch.

Day, date, and seconds are very visible and good for business use if you need to glance at it to write a contract, or time something in seconds with the digital portion of the watch.

The mechanical hands are not as easy to see, as I would like. Sometimes, when I will not need the date function for a while, I turn those functions off, so that all that show on the dial are the hour, minute, and sweep second hands.

I have yet to use the stopwatch function. The manual is very thick and the print in it is small, so I may not get to use the stopwatch or countdown timer for a while until I figure them out.

The functions for setting the watch as to time, date, and seconds, are easy to use. I work in radio, and need to have the watch exactly on time to hit breaks, and it's easy to set and adjust.

I keep it in 24-hour mode on the digital side, as I work more than 12 hours in a day. Very handy in that. At only about $89, it is a superior value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy buttons, July 4, 2014
Joe in Bellingham (Bellingham, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This was an impulse buy that has proven quite popular. Besides being compatible with the bright orange sport gear I wear when I bike - just so a driver cannot claim he or she could not see me - the buttons are easy to activate and I have found myself using them much more than I initially anticipated. The feeling of the strap is a little odd when it gets wet (from sweat) so I have taken to wearing it over a wristband.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy Watch!!, February 23, 2014
Have gotten my moneys worth with this purchase. I'm a Timex fan and this one is right near the top of my favorites. Comfortable strap and hefty time piece!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Got it on sale!, February 12, 2014
For the money, it's a great watch. I saw this at a sporting goods store awhile back for around $80. I got it here on a lighting deal for half that. If I paid $80, then it's a 4 star watch. It's a great value. It's a large (but not too large) and heavy watch at the same time too. These aren't negative for me like others. I run 20-25 miles a week, hike and ride my mountain bike on weekends sometimes. It's taken a pretty good beating from me. I like that it's easier to clean. I just run warm water through the band and dirt comes off. You can even use a toothbrush to brush off some of the dirt/mud stuck between the ridges . If you're concerned about it being dirty, then it may not be the watch for you. Like all rubber/silicone band, it's prone to dust and other materials. This is advertised as an "active" watch, it's not for the office. I have other watches for that :-)
This watch is thick. If you wear this along with a fitted dress shirt then there's a good chance it'll snag around the wrist. Another feature I like is that since it's both analog and digital, I can set 2 time zones. I travel internationally once a month so this helps a lot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, substantial watch with good features for not allot of money., September 20, 2013
Patrick Terhune (Baltimore, MD United States) - See all my reviews
Watch is heavy and feels substantial on your wrist without being clownish like some popular watches are today. Like the ability to have the digital information displayed or not. Orange band is pretty cool as well. Overall I'm happy with the watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, worth the money., January 12, 2015
So far, so good. It is large, but not huge as some have suggested. I like the display, it is easy to tell the time with either format, and it isn't petite either. I'm not sure about an orange band. A bit flashy for my tastes. But it's something new. Easy enough to change if I really can't go that way. If anything goes wrong, I will update.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Timex, September 8, 2014
Great watch. I tend to favor Timex as it was actually my first watch. I am not one who cares for just digital. I like the analog appearance, too. A bit heavier than my grey. Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Made a good gift., September 10, 2014
This was a gift. The recipient is very happy with the watch and says that he gets many complements on it. Band is comfortable and is keeping prefect time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dial is not white, October 20, 2013