5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect
Perfect watch for the price. I am an active police officer and active when I am off duty as well, and I needed a watch that was going to be functional, look good, and not break the bank because I tend to be a little hard on equipment. Band is very comfortable. If you are looking for a good, relaible, solid, and inexpensive watch(doesn't look cheap), this is it.
Published 19 months ago by j rocket

3.0 out of 5 stars NO REPLACEMENT BANDS AVAILABLE.
Published 1 month ago by Patrick Z.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, February 24, 2013
This review is from: Timex Men's T5K412 "Ironman Traditional" 30-Lap Oversize Watch with Black Resin Strap (Watch)

4.0 out of 5 stars Typical Ironman quality, May 6, 2013
Marc McC (Tempe, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
This is my fourth Timex Ironman watch. I own many watches, and prefer the Ironman for casual wear and sporting activities as well as swimming and snorkeling. I decided to replace an earlier model with this one rather than pay to change the battery.

The Ironman has changed very little over the years since its introduction in the '80s, with the exception of cosmetic improvememnts and a larger display. I selected the "oversize" model as I was looking for a little more heft to this model. This watch fits the bill, not as chunky as my G-Shock. A pleasant surprise was the weight of the watch. This model is lightweight, another advantage over the G. It's larger than the typical Ironman model, but about the same weight. The band lacks the stiffness of some other Timex and Casio models, and is quite comfortable.

Typical Ironman functions are unchanged, and the ability to "hide" various functions makes operation of the watch more efficient. There are three time zones, useful when traveling, as well as the usual chronograph/timer and alarm functions.

I haven't worn the watch in the pool or ocean yet, but if experience is any guide, I expect no problems. I've never had an Ironman leak, whether during water sports or snorkeling.

These are great watches for the money. I prefer 200 meter water resistance for this type of watch, but Timex has yet to build an Ironman 200m that doesn't overwhelm my wrist in weight and size. I'm not a big guy, and they are simply too large for my wrist.

Looking forward to years of service with this watch. Definitely a good timepiece for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good watch for the money, November 26, 2012
LawStudent (New England, USA) - See all my reviews
This Ironman is good for the money. I needed a kick around watch that I could work out in and play in. It fits the bill. Kinda bulky but nice and light. It fits well and I forget that I'm wearing it until I look down at the time. My one complaint is that the Indiglo could be brighter, it works but it is tough to see the time on an angle.

I wear it in the ocean and the pool as well as in the mud and rain and playing with the kids, no problems to report. Controls a bit confusing at first but this is my first Ironman so chalk it up to human error/learning curve, it's all good now.

I would buy it again because, for the money, it does the job well.

3.0 out of 5 stars NO REPLACEMENT BANDS AVAILABLE., August 16, 2014
I like this watch- have had two of them. As a PE teacher it does everything I need it to... good size, timer, glow...watch works great. The only reason I have bought two of them- is both the rubber bands have ripped/torn after about two years of daily wear. Thus the three star rating. YOU CANNOT Find a replacement band for this watch. Manufacture website, amazon, Google searches... You can find many different replacement bands- but NONE for this particular model. (if anyone finds one PLEASE let me know) The older one I have still works- beeps on hour and yet is useless. The latest one is about to go too...sitting in a drawer waiting to beep on the hour- unable to be worn. As cheap as this watch is, as a teacher I would rather pay another $12 for a new band then just buy another whole watch. Disappointing, the watch is still great...just wish they provided a replacement band. "That's how they getchya!" The odd band mold makes it NOT compatible with others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine, Practical Product, July 16, 2013
I chose this rating for my recently acquired Timex IronMan watch because it turned out to be exactly what I wanted: An affordable, reliable, easy to read, easy to use watch. While I have another one I use while training on the road, this one has been an excellent tool during my swimming time, as I can keep track of my laps and the size of the screen allows me to easily read anytime, even underwater. Despite its size, it's a very light watch, as compared to other options.
While not a very sophisticated piece of electronics, I recommend this one to anyone beginning to seriously do training...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch!, April 4, 2013
Haven't gotten to take it out on a run yet, but I love that it records 30 laps. Will be great to track every mile of a full marathon. Fits wonderfully-- I have very small wrists. Great watch for women, too :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch!!, July 26, 2011
Great watch at a great price. It is the new larger size (which is in style) Ironman watch and it molds to my wrist perfectly. I love the functions and I use the alarm in place of an alarm clock each morning. I swim laps and it works great in the pool. All this for under $40. I would definitely buy this watch again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timex Men's T5K412 "Ironman Traditional" 30-Lap Oversize Watch with Black Strap, July 30, 2014
This watch is ideal for outdoor activities and sport, or just as a second watch. These Timex watches are bullet proof and I've owned a few over the years and they have got a lot of simple but effective features and the batteries seem to last for years.

This watch is built tough, easy to set, change and operate, if you've had a Timex before the format is the same. The face and numerals on this watch means that it's easy to read at a glance. The Indiglo feature is the best I've seen for reading a watch at night.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this watch and wear it all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars I got thiswatch around 4 years ago (2010- 2011) and it's lasted ..., September 13, 2014
I got this watch around 4 years ago (2010- 2011) and it's lasted incredibly grand through out that period of time. It's taken quite a beating, especially on the glass, and it only has a small scrape when I ran it across a sharp linoleum counter top corner. The strap is nice when you get used to it, but it can pinch when it gets very tight. If it is not fastened right then its loose a bit when exercising. The size is large, but not uncomfortably. All in all a great watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, June 18, 2013
Keeps great time,easy to read,three alarms. Just the right amount of info in a nice sized watch. Three more words.

Rate and Discover Movies