Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Timex Men's T5K412 "Ironman Traditional" 30-Lap Oversize Watch with Black Resin Strap
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Black/Silver-Tone|Change

on August 16, 2014
I like this watch- have had two of them. As a PE teacher it does everything I need it to... good size, timer, glow...watch works great. The only reason I have bought two of them- is both the rubber bands have ripped/torn after about two years of daily wear. Thus the three star rating. YOU CANNOT Find a replacement band for this watch. Manufacture website, amazon, Google searches... You can find many different replacement bands- but NONE for this particular model. (if anyone finds one PLEASE let me know) The older one I have still works- beeps on hour and yet is useless. The latest one is about to go too...sitting in a drawer waiting to beep on the hour- unable to be worn. As cheap as this watch is, as a teacher I would rather pay another $12 for a new band then just buy another whole watch. Disappointing, the watch is still great...just wish they provided a replacement band. "That's how they getchya!" The odd band mold makes it NOT compatible with others.
77 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2012
I was looking for a digital watch to use for track, and I decided to pick this up at the reasonable price of roughly $33. As any Timex Ironman you get the time, day of the week, day of the month, the month, a chronograph (timer), and 3 alarms. Also like any Timex Ironman it is very reliable, well working, and lightweight, which you probably already knew. But out of them all you should definitely opt for this specific model, mainly for its exclusivity among other digital watches you may say being worn during any kind of sport. It is roughly 43 mm going from left to right, which is a good size for a dress watch and quite large for a sports digital watch such as this. The orange case is also unique and a very bright, colorful, and nice touch. FYI if you are worrying about the extra size causing the watch to weigh more, don't bother, it is still practically inconceivable on your wrist as of weight. Overall this is a strong and tough watch to wear during whatever sport you do, and has a pleasant and unique touch that will stand it out from the crowd. 10/10.
on November 16, 2010
I've been a fan of Timex watches for most of my life, paying about $30 for one in the 1960s, and that hasn't changed at all in 2010 because I'm still paying about $30 for my Timex watches. It is a rare case indeed when the quality of a product continually improves over several decades while the price remains the same. And as John Cameron Swayze would say in those live ads during the early years of TV, "Timex takes a lickin and keeps on tickin".

The MEGA deserves a good review after I have been using it for a while. You might also see it advertized as the "Oversize" because most distinctive about this design is its size, so tagging it with the name MEGA is entirely justified. It is massive in comparison to most of the other Ironman series of watches, and what seemed at first to be just another unnecessary Ironman 30 Lap design has turned out to be one of my favorites for all-around wearing. This new design keeps the clockworks of the standard size 30 Lap Ironman watches, it counts up and down, programs the same, has several alarms, and of course, it has the Indigo night light that works so well.

This is one of five different versions of the Mega available in the USA, and the only one with a Fastwrap Velcro wristband with blue striping and a matching blue bezel. Velcro wristbands are a favorite among many athletes and when it wears out, it can be replaced with either an identical factory band or one that is made of urethane rubber.

Overall, the Mega is a good choice for runners in need of a new 30 lap Ironman who can appreciate having a watch that is distinctively larger and what I would consider to be much better in appearances over the others of standard or mid size Ironman dimensions.
on July 4, 2012
I love this watch as an all around watch to have on my wrist when I am working out, running, swimming, working in the yard, projects, etc. It is well made and can withstand the rigor without feeling like something is on my wrist. I love the indiglo feature for nighttime usage. The display is easy to read. The user interface is intuitive (I didn't have to refer to the "manual" to get it set up) and the buttons feel solid. I am an active guy and am pretty rough on my watches but I feel that this one can keep up with me. Highly recommended!
on March 22, 2014
I have this watch nearly two years and it is my third Ironman watch. Everything works great, stopwatch, timer etc, etc. I always bought the Ironman as they are generally bulletproof! I am outdoors a lot, I put the watch on and never take it off. I was did notice it was discolouring a bit, but took this as just wear and tear. I was surprised that the strap broke, as I never take it off. When I looked at the break it was eroded around the pin on both sides. I reckon this must be a design flaw with it wearing out on both sides. I have been trying over the last few days to find a replacement strap to match, there are loads out there, but it is proving impossible to find a match. If I could have got the match by now-I would give it 4 stars, I still think its a great, tough watch, but it is badly let down by the strap. I hate the thoughts of having to buy a new watch because I can't find a strap.
on July 4, 2011
After looking through Amazon listings for a new Timex watch, I decided to purchase the T5K413 model. I personally like this watch because the color/ fast wrap wrist band/ the easy pressing of the buttons. The 30 laps storage is more than enough to record my routine runs and training. Plenty of alarms settings, and 2 Time zones to set in. There is nothing that this watch cannot do. I have a feeling this watch will last me for a while
on September 27, 2015
I bought this watch in July of 2013. This acquisition was an exact replacement of my former Timex Triathlon that I used daily for sport and work. I'm lost without it. The large case helps me to see the numerals easily and the functions are easy to navigate once you get to know its basic functions. The velcro allows quick wrist mounting and disconnect and I can wash the band easily using a toothbrush and some soap. The watch and its operation is 5 stars. But the lack of a band replacement subtracts a star.

**I replaced my former Triathlon for one glaring reason. The watch itself still operated flawlessly and took a great deal of punishment in stride. There is no exact replacement for this velcro band that I could find anywhere on the internet. The band wears out and eventually breaks apart within 2 years. Timex has not stated whether they sell a band replacement or not. There is no model or serial number for the band. I used the designation "WR100" found on the back of the case in an attempt to locate a replacement but the numerous depictions and array of pictures on eBay, Amazon or elsewhere, makes it almost impossible to compare each description, many of which are incorrect. Often, the description or picture doesn't match the actual product. The "T5K413" designation I found here, helped me to come close to the new band and I remember finding a rubber/plastic replacement. For my needs, only the velcro will do.

SO I bought another watch because I couldn't find a replacement velcro band. The $32 price isn't an issue, it's the fact that I have to buy a new watch every 2 years since I use mine daily. Now the band on this blue watch (above) is again broken in the same spot as the previous band had broken - the plastic loop splits after the band begins to separate from use. I think Timex knows this and is cashing in.

It is still a very good watch and I recommend its purchase. IF we could find an exact velcro replacement band, it would be a great buy!
review image review image review image
on October 31, 2011
i am a big guy and i love timex watches..this is one of the extra large ones that looks better when i wear it. being a little older i love the display on the timex watches ...it is larger and easier to read.. and it remains accurate all the time.
on May 6, 2013
This is my fourth Timex Ironman watch. I own many watches, and prefer the Ironman for casual wear and sporting activities as well as swimming and snorkeling. I decided to replace an earlier model with this one rather than pay to change the battery.

The Ironman has changed very little over the years since its introduction in the '80s, with the exception of cosmetic improvememnts and a larger display. I selected the "oversize" model as I was looking for a little more heft to this model. This watch fits the bill, not as chunky as my G-Shock. A pleasant surprise was the weight of the watch. This model is lightweight, another advantage over the G. It's larger than the typical Ironman model, but about the same weight. The band lacks the stiffness of some other Timex and Casio models, and is quite comfortable.

Typical Ironman functions are unchanged, and the ability to "hide" various functions makes operation of the watch more efficient. There are three time zones, useful when traveling, as well as the usual chronograph/timer and alarm functions.

I haven't worn the watch in the pool or ocean yet, but if experience is any guide, I expect no problems. I've never had an Ironman leak, whether during water sports or snorkeling.

These are great watches for the money. I prefer 200 meter water resistance for this type of watch, but Timex has yet to build an Ironman 200m that doesn't overwhelm my wrist in weight and size. I'm not a big guy, and they are simply too large for my wrist.

Looking forward to years of service with this watch. Definitely a good timepiece for the price.
on February 13, 2014
Second time purchase of this model. The strap on the first one broke after 5 years and the original battery is still in it. Just found out that you can purchase replacement swap from Timex direct or through retail stores like Walmart and Target. The replacement straps are about $12. I mentioned this because as other reviewer of this watch or similar mode, the major con is the strap seems to break after several years. The other con of this watch is that the “start/split” button which is used to change time zone is on the face of the watch of the watch. It is slightly raised, so it is easy to accidently change time zone when sleeping.

This watch looks good, very rugged, have taken it out many times snorkeling and shows no indication of water leakage. The oversize display is easy to read. The indigo light makes the watch easy to read at night and the night feature when turn on, will auto-light the display when any button is pressed. I travel a lot and really like the three time zones.

Another hidden feature not mentioned by others is the custom menu feature. You can selectively pick the features you want to use and reduce the number of features you have to cycle through.

This is an excellent everyday watch, very rugged, and accurate. On the previous one, I didn’t have to reset the time at all during the 5 years of use.

The number for Timex Support is:
If you can't find your strap, you can also order one by calling our Customer Service Department at 1-888-727-2931.

I also had the traditional size display before discovering the oversize mode. The oversize is a lot easier to read.