5.0 out of 5 stars A better Ironman design
Published on November 16, 2010 by Sand Man

1.0 out of 5 stars Who knew you couldn't swim with an Ironman Watch?
Bought the watch in late January. Swam with it for the first time (in a pool, not at submarine depths) and now there is a layer of condensation under the top layer of glass. I can no longer read the numbers. Since I've had this watch for 44 days, Amazon policy is that I get a "partial" refund. I guess I'll fight with Timex if Amazon doesn't come through.
Published 22 months ago by Robert Teixeira

5.0 out of 5 stars A better Ironman design, November 16, 2010
This review is from: Timex Men's T5K413 "Ironman Traditional" Watch with Black and Blue Nylon Band (Watch)
I've been a fan of Timex watches for most of my life, paying about $30 for one in the 1960s, and that hasn't changed at all in 2010 because I'm still paying about $30 for my Timex watches. It is a rare case indeed when the quality of a product continually improves over several decades while the price remains the same. And as John Cameron Swayze would say in those live ads during the early years of TV, "Timex takes a lickin and keeps on tickin".

The MEGA deserves a good review after I have been using it for a while. You might also see it advertized as the "Oversize" because most distinctive about this design is its size, so tagging it with the name MEGA is entirely justified. It is massive in comparison to most of the other Ironman series of watches, and what seemed at first to be just another unnecessary Ironman 30 Lap design has turned out to be one of my favorites for all-around wearing. This new design keeps the clockworks of the standard size 30 Lap Ironman watches, it counts up and down, programs the same, has several alarms, and of course, it has the Indigo night light that works so well.

This is one of five different versions of the Mega available in the USA, and the only one with a Fastwrap Velcro wristband with blue striping and a matching blue bezel. Velcro wristbands are a favorite among many athletes and when it wears out, it can be replaced with either an identical factory band or one that is made of urethane rubber.

Overall, the Mega is a good choice for runners in need of a new 30 lap Ironman who can appreciate having a watch that is distinctively larger and what I would consider to be much better in appearances over the others of standard or mid size Ironman dimensions.

5.0 out of 5 stars non-plastic band, large display, January 7, 2012
I would say that the display is a little larger than normal, about 1.5 inches in diameter.
The band is not rubber, so it should last longer than a year.
The band is velcro-strapped, so it isn't a watch you wear for formal occasions.
I wear it when I exercise.
The band gets stinky unless you wash it every month.
I have had the product for a couple of months and it has been nice for me.
I imagine it should last until battery dies.

4.0 out of 5 stars Jim, December 23, 2011
Jim Kortz (Grapevine, TX, USA) - See all my reviews
The Timex T5K413 appears to be a very good and durable sports watch, with two time zone functions and an illumination feature. The Velcro band makes it adjustable to virtually any male adult wrist size. The price at just under $31 with free shipping was very, very competitive. The watch body is composed of plastic, which makes it light weight but suspectible to scratching. The acylic face can also be scratched, but since it is surrounded by the body of the watch (it is sunked down) it is somewhat protected. I would prefer a different color mixture on the watch but for everyday use, for sports or for work use it is fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dream Watch, July 4, 2011
After looking through Amazon listings for a new Timex watch, I decided to purchase the T5K413 model. I personally like this watch because the color/ fast wrap wrist band/ the easy pressing of the buttons. The 30 laps storage is more than enough to record my routine runs and training. Plenty of alarms settings, and 2 Time zones to set in. There is nothing that this watch cannot do. I have a feeling this watch will last me for a while

1.0 out of 5 stars Who knew you couldn't swim with an Ironman Watch?, March 15, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, let down by the Velcro strap, October 7, 2012
I ordered this as I wanted a watch I could wear running, cycling, and everywhere in between. The features are really good- I love the large display which makes it very easy to read the time - handy when cycling into work. The chronograph works well - the buttons are large which makes it easy to function. I cannot fault the display or the actual functions on the watch itself.

I would give this watch 5/5, but the Velcro strap is an annoyance. I wanted a watch I could wear cycling to work, in the shower and in the office. I can wear the watch for t the first two, but do not enjoy wearing the watch casually. The velcro strap seems to catch in absolutely everything, time and time again. Even when going for short walks, the watch seems to catch on my clothes.

Deducting two stars because of the strap-unless people specifically want a Velcro strap, I would order another Timex watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, November 2, 2011
Midwest Reader (Des Moines, IA USA) - See all my reviews
This is a very comfortable watch to wear. The velcro strap means you can adjust it to exactly the right size, and not to some arbitrary size with a hole for a buckle. The numerals are large and easy to read and the light is very bright.

I can wholeheartedly recommend this watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch!, June 5, 2011
I am very impressed with this watch. I have gone 2 years looking for a watch to replace on that had been stolen from me. I am extremely picky when it comes to a watch so I have gone without for those 2 years. One day Amazon recommended this watch and I instantly knew it was the one for me. It is pretty easy to use, very masculine looking, fits perfectly on my wrist, and I was surprised on how little Amazon wanted for this watch! Very happy with my purchase!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Fast Wrap Strap Fail, April 16, 2014
The watch arrived in a very timely fashion. The watch itself works great, I love Ironman watches for their functionality and ease of use. The bummer was that when I removed the watch from the case, the strap popped off the face. I was able to snap it back in, but the design of the connector prevented the strap from staying secured to the face. No matter what I tried, it kept popping out. I returned the watch immediately and replaced it with a resin strap version. Amazon was, naturally, awesome about the return process. I would recommend this watch face, but not this strap...

3.0 out of 5 stars Functions as advertised, July 14, 2012
I purchased this model to replace the traditional Timex IM watch which got wet after a pool swim. I've owned several and they only seem to last about 2 years before they fail. The watch functions very well but the velcro strap is a bit clumsy and takes getting used to. End of strap sticks out. I would go back to the traditional plastic strap next time.