Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on May 27, 2012
Great watch for the money. Always been a fan of Timex. This is a fairly basic watch, but gets the job done! The time "stamp" is large and easy to see. Easy to wipe off/clean. Band is sturdy. I know this is a basic watch, but the only thing I wish it had was the ability to turn off the "beep" when you are switching between modes. This is a minor annoyance to me, but as I said the price is hard to beat for something that will last and looks good.

If you are a heavy sleeper, then this alarm probably will not work for you. I use it as a secondary/delayed alarm. If you need/want multiple alarms, this is not for you.
on September 21, 2013
A few things to consider - the actual dial is pretty small at about 25mm as you can see on the measuring grid. This makes the watch look on the smaller side. The yellow trim (on the one I got) is not as vivid as the main picture. It looks like the watch picture with the measuring grid. The indiglo light is not white - it is mid-blue, but still provides good visibility. Also, as the last reviewer noted, the display arrangement is a little different (maybe this is a newer or older version?) If the watch were a tad bigger, I would give it 5 stars. Construction seems solid. Overall a decent watch.

Update note - they subsequently removed the measuring grid picture that I refer to above. Just note that the yellow colors in the actual watch are not as vivid as depicted & the watch dial itself is not bright white as depicted.
VINE VOICEon July 7, 2013
I purchased this watch to replace a many-year-old Timex that was physically in bad shape - although it still kept good time. This watch shows the day of the month and date in the top 40% of the face, with the lower part displaying the time in large, easy-to-read Arabic numerals. As I am approaching 80 years old, I really appreciate the large numerals!

This watch is capable of being a stopwatch, as well. Since I do not need that feature, I cannot comment other than it is present.

A nice feature is the ability to set a second time zone, so if you are traveling you can have one represent the time at your home, while the other can represent the time at your destination. Very handy, especially if you travel between the same two time zones with some regularity or often communicate with someone from another time zone.

This watch appears sturdy. It has a nice medium-wide strap, and it is considered water-resistant to 50 feet deep.
on April 22, 2015
I bought this for my 83 year old dad who likes very small, very plain watches and is resistant to change, especially when it comes to fashion. While the large G-Shocks are my personal sports watches of choice, this Timex worked out perfectly for him. I had Amazon deliver it directly to his house where it sat in his counter for two weeks until I came over. He wanted me to return it - "too big, too complicated" - but I refused, set the time and date for him, and told him to wear it just for a couple of days. That was a couple of months ago and he hasn't taken it off since. It is neither too big nor too small for most people (although it's a bit too small for me since I'm used to large watches). It's also very comfortable for him and he says the light works great when he wants to check the time in the dark. For the money, this was a great buy.
on May 8, 2015
I bought two Timex 1440 $16 watches at the same time. This one is not as useful simply because the information can not be read unless looking directly at it from above and in artificial light. The glass is too tinted. The Indiglo light only illuminates in darkness. Bright sunlight combined with the wearing of sunglasses makes it hard to see, especially when driving and trying to peek at the time without moving the hand from the steering wheel. Another characteristic to consider that is a feature of both 1440 watches that I bought is that the face is a convex window that feels really exposed when actively moving around and it clouds easily.
on February 16, 2015
I really like this watch. It does everything I want it to do at a very reasonable price. I have been wearing the black 1440 for years. Before this model the weak point was the band - it would crack and break. The material used now will last for years - but there is still a problem and that is the small rubber or plastic ring that holds the end of the band so it isn't just flapping breaks after a year & a half. But I still gave it 5 stars because the 1 1/2 years of 24/7 (I almost never wear a dress watch) is worth the $16.
on May 5, 2015
I love the large number display and the second time clock for travel so you don't have to reset the primary time. My old 1440 only had the one clock zone. Too bad it only shows the day of week and the day and not the month on the normal display. But that is no biggie. If this one lasts me 7 years like my old one. I'll be very happy again. I wore the old one under rigorous conditions and the band fell off and the buttons quit working before the battery died.
on August 20, 2015
Nothing has changed from the Timex watches of my childhood. Good size for male or female wrists, unobtrusive design and profile. Rugged design with no straps to fray or detach, solid metal clasp and all the features I could ask for from a good watch.
Thanks Timex, don't ever change.
on November 18, 2014
First of all, the watch came with incorrect manual. So 20 minutes on hold led to a cust. serv rep, who emailed me the correct manual. Still couldn't get the watch to work, another 20 minutes on hold led to a very nice CSR whose accent was so thick as to be almost unintelligible. Turns out watch is new defective, CSR emails me prepaid shipping label. Ten days later, I get back a different watch with a scratched face and a bill for $8.25. Timex used to be a good reliable product, well priced and long lasting. No more. Cheap Chinese crap and staffed, apparently, by incompetents. Don't bother with Timex, there are other vendors and companies to do business with.
on June 23, 2015
This has been a very good watch for me. I've had it quite a while now and it still works fine. Nothing has broken off or deteriorated. The band is still very sturdy and has not come loose. The backlight is very good for seeing the time at night, and checking the time in the morning after you wake up from a good sleep - yes I do and have worn it to bed many times.. The only caveat is that the black coating around the buttons will wear off over time from wear and expose a white plastic underneath. It wont make the watch look too bad though, it doesn't bother me at all, the long lasting utility of the watch is what I am looking for - and it has filled that role admirably.