5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive no-frills Timex Ironman
Timex T5K520 Ironman

Published 10 months ago by Gearhead Mania

1.0 out of 5 stars I received the watch and wore it for one day ...
I received the watch and wore it for one day before the start/split button on the front fell out while walking. Now I have to shell out $8 for Timex to repair it, because Amazon will not allow damaged watches to be returned. I have been a big fan of the Timex Ironman series and my last two watches have served me for over six years, but this one was well below par.
Published 18 days ago by D. Weigle

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive no-frills Timex Ironman, March 22, 2014
This review is from: Timex Men's T5K520 "Ironman Traditional" Sport Watch with Black Resin Band (Watch)
Timex T5K520 Ironman

For nearly 20 years, I remember Timex Ironman watches being durable and inexpensive, not to mention thrifty with battery consumption. These aren’t always the flashiest watches, but the basic features (time, alarm, chronometer, timer) do the job well. These style of watches have long been replaced by GPS multi-sport watches in almost any athletic sport (cycling, running, swimming, ski biathlon, etc…) because of the shear amount of data they can collect and display. I recall seeing a ski biathlete in the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics using a Garmin Forerunner 910XT in vivid detail thanks to my OTA HDTV signal. The Timex Ironman is a very basic watch that can function as a stopwatch or timer, and has 3 available alarm settings.

The T5K520 caught my eye because of the olive drab green color. The watch uses a CR2025 Lithium coi cell battery, and is water resistant to 100 meters. The watch is lightweight, and much more compact than a Casio G Shock atomic/solar. However, the Timex band could use more ventilation.

Overall: 5/5 stars, inexpensive, tough, no-frills, and gets the job done. If you are looking for a watch to help you train, I recommend a GPS multi-sport watch from the Garmin Forerunner line. I’ve been using my Forerunner 305 for over 4 years and it has outlived my Magellan (froze in -15F weather) and Motorola Motoactv (glass touchscreen cracked).

5.0 out of 5 stars Good PT Watch, September 17, 2011
Great watch for doing Army PT. Big enough numbers to see when running or when trying to attain lap times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid basic athletic watch., July 14, 2014
Solid quality and construction so far. Great value, function, and layout. These watches are everywhere in various colors. You can check them out at Walmart and scan them with the Amazon app for price comparison. I got a better deal here so I bought it here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for the price., October 2, 2014
After about 25 years I finally replaced my old Ironman. Not that it stopped working, I just lost the rubber face trim, exposing all of the buttons. The watch still worked fine when I threw it away. This one appears to be much better, it curves around my wrist better, the face is easier to read, the Indiglo function illuminates much better. All in all it appears to be a better watch. Hope it lasts as long as my last one.

1.0 out of 5 stars I received the watch and wore it for one day ..., January 12, 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Best workout.every day watch, June 12, 2014
I own a decent amount of watches. This IMO is the best looking every day timex. Its not to large and is great size for working out and doesnt get in the way of a bent wrist like the larger 50 lap size does. I am on my second one of these. Sadly they dont have very many good color schemes with these timex's and I think this is the best. Not flashy, easy to use and very comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, great price, March 16, 2014
I've owned Ironman Watches since the 90's. Still perfect for my needs. I particularly like the military green color - something different but not flashy. Highly recommend this watch. It was the best value for an Ironman I could find on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great watch from Timex, February 12, 2014
I bought this to replace my very well liked Timex Ironman Triathalon Solar. It is a rugged servicable watch with an easy to read display with all of the usual Timex features. It has large numerals that are easy to read in bright daylight and the backlighting iluminates the numerals and not the whole background of the watch so it doesn't destroy your night vision everytime you push the button. It is very light weight and appers to be well constructed for the price. I have had it over 20 feet under water and it performed flawlessly, don't push the buttons while under water as this will cause leakage in just about any watch short of what they issue Seal Teams... For the money it cant be beat by any Casio I have ever owned and you cant buy a Casio that does what this watch does at this price point. If it had analog hands and a solar cell I would be doing back flips. I finally bought the proper rechargable battery for my Ironman Triathalon and it is working again so this watch is now relegated to weekend dirt biking and water sports use, I wear the flashier Ironman Triathalon as a daily work watch since I like to know what time it is while timing processes. Wish more watches would display the current time while the timer is running. Buy this watch if you want a simple, rugged, reliable timepeice for not much money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, December 20, 2013
Awesome watch and I love the color. Wish the face was a little bigger? Maybe the same size as the 50 lap watches times, but still a great watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never take it off, July 6, 2013
I have only taken it on a few time but great for a person that lives a active life style and it takes a good beating

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›