Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 17, 2013
I was after a stopwatch to time my swim laps. I needed a large display for the lap time (so I ca read it as I turn) and the lap count to stay on screen (as I lose count).

The bonus is the tap screen function to record the lap (button press is not required) and I like the different beeps for on,, below and above target range.
on September 10, 2014
Long time user of the Sleek 150 predecessor to the 250 (all 4 of those died on me mind you). I only keep going back as I can do proper complicated intervals & it has a huge screen and does the simple basics of a classic Timex sports watch. Just the stuff one needs to get hard work done. Not a complicated needing recharging GPS watch I don't want.

I got this one with hopes for improvments. Nope. In fact they made it worse!

-They reordered the buttons and changed their placement around the face.
-They reordered the flow of the screens.
-They removed the chime used in intervals. So if doing tabatas of 20sec on and 10sec rest at the interval end you would get a long beeping to show a new interval start. Now, 1 beep you cannot hear. So the on and off efforts are now the same 1 beep. Impossible to hear or distinguish the difference.
-they changed how the timers are setup - way more convoluted to program.
-they put the rarely ever used Settings screen ahead in order than the regularly used Alarm screen.
-BUT worse of all the "250 laps" are not savable. In fact you can only have a history of saved chrono times/workouts - seen in a new Review screen - of 25 or so laps! Pathetic. I went to go view a chrono time run from 4 days ago and its gone and I didn't get to document it. Why is it gone? I apparently did enough saved chrono workouts with laps that it erased a run time from 4 days ago! WTF! In the past I could go back weeks to review previous chrono times.

Improved:
-they made the metal clasp less bulky
-they made the hold down loop smaller and tighter to hold down the excess band. Previous version was so loose the end would always come out.
-you can now erase a chrono workout whereas they were always saved even if you didn't want to keep it

No I would not recommend this watch and for 20+ racing years I have been a Timex fan.

ps - consider this... whom do you know who does any workout at any time that has 250 laps? No one. I have raced and trained all over the world for +20 years, I have never done a workout nor know of a workout that amounts to 250 laps. So, not sure of the point. And, why does this matter? 250 Laps more implies to me the ability to SAVE FOR REVIEW 250 laps worth of chrono data. This is NOT the case. On several occasions, I have lost workout details I needed because I went back to review and poof.. the workout data is gone. Overwritten. Why? Because the watch does NOT save for review 250 laps of data, in fact, it only saves about 25. So, maybe 4-5 days of workouts for review. The old 150 would save weeks of workouts for review later. Literally. So, the "250 lap" is confusing and misleading and really, an utter waste of time as we simply do not do workouts that consist of that many laps. What matters more? What matters more is the ability to SAVE 250 laps and review them later. And you cannot. Even nuttier is the fact that you can now erase chrono times and not opt to store them. So follow me; the old 150 lap did not have the ability to erase workout data and not save it but could save weeks of chrono times for review. The new 250 Lap can erase chrono workouts - so free up space - and yet can only hold about 25 laps for actual saved review later. Go figure that logic.

UPDATE: yet another issue creeps up. While doing a hallmark speed workout - Tabatas - the watch fails to beep at random times. So, in tabatas you do 20 seconds hard 10 seconds recovery. At the end of 20 seconds the watch beeps and at the end of 10 seconds it beeps. All of the sudden, for no reason, on my recent tabatas workout, 40% of the time it did NOT give it's beep at the end of the 20 seconds and thus, screwed my workout and I had to start again and watch the watch. Ugh!

UPDATE 2: My latest version of the Sleek 250 was received on roughly 9.1.14 and on 4.1.15 the band broke! And, the band broke at the watch face as the band - attached by plastic - broke off from the watch face. I can only use it because I had to epoxy it back together. So this is what, my 5th Sleek 250 that has failed on me and inside a year. Wow.
on August 3, 2014
This watch is fine for casual wear. The digits are huge and easily readable. The functions are logically set up and easy to access through Timex's excellent user interface. My rating comes from the watches complete lack of water resistance. The watch is rated to 100M water resistance. This does not imply that you can use it for diving -- typically you would want a watch with a 200M rating for that. However, it means that you should be able to swim or shower with it. I bought this watch and went for a lazy swim in a pond with it and the crystal was completely fogged. I returned that watch to Amazon and got another one, thinking that the first was defective. Sure enough, the same thing happened with the new watch. So, if you will keep your "Ironman" high and dry, this could be a 5-star product. If your use requires any water exposure, I strongly caution you against this model.
on December 16, 2014
This is a great looking watch with a large, easy-to-read face that is perfect for running, training, swimming, etc. (the primary way i use it). I have received many compliments on how it looks as well.

Unfortunately, there are two problems with it. First, the tap feature does not work that well. I have owned several other watches where you can tap the face to mark laps, etc., and they work fine (like the Garmin Forerunner). This Timex, however, is hard to use like this-- you have to tap it very hard to get it to work, and even then it isn't that reliable. Not really what you want to be worrying about when you are finishing your fifth 400m interval.

The second, larger problem is that after owning the watch for two months, it has stopped working. It still shows the time, and you can scroll through the various functions, but the start button for the stopwatch has stopped working. So now it is a sport watch that only tells the time and does nothing else. So much for those 250 laps!

Fortunately, even though I was past the return window, Amazon is going to give me a full refund. Now I am debating if I buy another on the off chance that this was just a bad one. I need a running watch, so...
on September 20, 2013
This watch is exactly how it looks in the picture which i was afraid it wasn't, nice size, good color, i wish the come up with different colors, price was great 63 bucks, received it on time, overall great experience with Amazon vendors like always, recommend this watch if you're fan of Timex ironman watches.
on March 21, 2015
I was very excited to replace my old Ironman with a new generation model. Particularly for swimming where the larger display could drive lap and workout time. Unfortunately the touch pad never worked and after two weeks the display washed out even being "Water Resistant to 100m." I have to say if this is the kind of product Timex is going to offer its target fitness audience they should just stop.

Net: I'll never own another Timex product again.
review image
on September 3, 2014
I have been using this watch regularly for my training, almost everyday. Today, a year and 3 months after purchase, the band broke. The plastic thingy on the watch holding the band in place just snapped. I called Timex and they said to mail the watch in and for $8 they will replace it. I guess that's as good as it can get for out-of-warranty product.
on March 12, 2015
This is definitely my favorite watch! I will keep ordering this watch whenever it dies on me. I had my original BLACK version of this watch for about 3 years before the hardware failed on me and wasn't fixable. I replaced it with this yellow colored one and I feel like the yellow watch is much better than the black one. The band feels different and better made. The color is amazing! Absolutely love how big the font is
on March 24, 2016
I love this watch and am happy with the two I own. I love the bright yellow color and overall look of the watch. I also love the big face and extremely visible read out ... its bigger than any watch I own by a fair amount without feeling like a big watch on my wrist. The feature set is just good and a bit less than other ironman watches I've owned. I'm taking a star off for the band which cracked and began breaking after 18months. I dont consider this outrageous and its certainly not uncommon for these plastic bands; however, they should last longer. I ordered a replacement band from timex which was easier to replace than expected.
on July 23, 2013
I like the watch - large face so easy to read, fairly easy to set, looks great - BUT the "tap" screen is horrible. To get it to record a lap and start a new lap you have to make the perfect "tap" and hopefully it would work. The tap is more like a super hard jab, and you need to land your "tap" in just the right place on the screen. When I'm running or swimming, I can't be spending time and energy messing with an essential function that may or may not work. Ended up returning it, and will replace it with a button operated lap counter I can count on.

See 1 answered question