Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Color: Turquoise/Silver-Tone|Change

on January 9, 2015
I've been a fan of Timex's Ironman watches for YEARS. This one is no different. I've been waiting for my last timex to die so I could order one that has the day of the week on it. Finally, I gave up waiting and just bought the cheapest one I could find on amazon which happened to be this color. It would've gotten 5 stars if it'd truly been red. But be aware (as many of the other reviews mention) this is more of a "faded red"/pink-orangish color. I've included a picture for a better idea. Despite the color, it's still a great watch.
review image
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 24, 2014
For the price, this is a good little watch. I got it specifically to wear while swimming so I can time how long I've been in the pool. I don't swim laps, however, so I haven't tested how well the lap counter works. If laps are your thing, this one won't do for many laps. It's easy to set, and you won't have to wrestle with buttons you can't push. Good for us old folks, too, in other words. Just be sure to clean underneath the strap periodically or you'll get a rash. I use a little bit of antibacterial gel once every week or so, and that seems to work fine.
on January 2, 2014
I've had this watch for over a year and a half - I used it to replace another timex watch that had slightly sharp edges. Since I was breastfeeding and dealing with an infant, the sharper buttons of my other timex would scratch my son's face as I maneuvered him for breastfeeding or bathing.

This watch was perfect for my needs as a mom:
- Low profile, no sharp points or buttons, easy to wear and still slip an arm under a sleeping infant without hurting him.
- Beeps can be shut off so you can use the timer without making sounds.
- Chrono mode works well for timing the current or when to expect the next feed/nap.
- Indiglo makes it easy to check the time during night feeds and in low light without the baby noticing.
- Waterproof enough to bathe and swim in, and easy to wash when it gets smeared with poo.

Why I'd pick another color:
For the first month or so, the watch looked great and went with everything. Sadly it quickly started to look dirty and dingy. The bands have since turned a rather gross yellow/gray color while the plastic face has remained white. Now that I'm in the market to replace it (see why below), I'm going to get the same watch, but another color.

Durability & Lifetime:
Compared to my other timex watches, this watch has stood up really well - my last timex watch lasted for years, but the decorative face fell off after a year (it still worked afterward). The face of this watch is still in great shape. I got this watch when my son was born and he's 20 months old now. I've taken it off maybe 10 times ever (I've found it best not to fiddle with resin strap watches too much), but it is starting to crack and sadly timex still doesn't sell replacement straps for this type of watch. I use the indiglo button incessantly but have only had to replace the battery once a few months ago. For the full price I paid in a store, which was upwards of $40, I wish the strap had lasted longer, but at the prices I can find online, it's less of a big deal to replace this watch every couple of years.

UPDATE: It's been about 21 months since I bought this watch and the strap has finally crumbled. First, it started with light cracks along the band, and as they flexed, they would catch my skin and pinch. Then after about a month they widened and the strap finally cracked. I am bummed I didn't get a full two years out of this watch, especially since I had just replaced the battery (the indiglo had stopped working, which is a sign that the watch is about to run out of juice in a week or so). It's still worth buying another one, but this time I'm going to order the same model, but in another color.
on October 3, 2013
I ordered this for my 9 year old daughter - wanted something that was more durable than the average kid's watch that breaks down within a year, but also small enough that it wouldn't dangle on her wrist. This has been good- she loves it, and is using the timer to time her homework. The band is a bit stiff, but she got the hang of it. Got a different color for my 8 year son, a darker blue who figured out the timer after showing him once and he's using it for homework as well. The best part, I no longer get asked for time, they don't read the wrong time which they did for analog watches, and I don't care if they take it off or not when they go in the ocean or shower or play in the mud. My ironman has lasted 3 years now through a lot of beating, so hope these will last a year or longer.

Addendum - it's been a little over a year now. The watch has held up great mechanically (band hasn't broken, battery still going, keeps time, buttons still work, etc.) but the band now has a brownish tinge to it. My daughter wears it all the time, swimming, washing dishes, sleep, etc. and only takes it off to shower. However, my younger son and I do the same with our Ironman watches, and our bands (dark blue and white) have not had the same discoloration as this. I'd definitely reorder again for my kids but go with the darker blue band or some other color.
on January 6, 2015
I was concerned about buying this watch because I didn't want a purple watch either, but when I got it today, I see it's not really purple. It only looks purple up next to the blue of my old IPod mini. Next to something that's really purple (e.g., my small Swingline stapler), it looks blue. Someone said it's periwinkle, but I don't know what color periwinkle is. So in order to describe it, I held it up next to some national brand things, and to me it's the same hue as the WD-40 can, just a little lighter. I like the color.
I was also somewhat concerned about how large the numbers were - so I don't have to put my glasses on to see the date (the time is usually big enough, so I wasn't worried about that). In good light, I can see the date without my bifocals, and I wear a +1.50.
It was also pretty easy to set. There are instructions with it, and they are easy enough to follow. I successfully set the day, date, time, and the countdown timer.
On my wrist (which is about 5.5 inches) it looks just about like the Amazon website drawing of the hand and wrist, just the right size for a casual sporty watch.
Since I just got the watch, I can't speak to its reliability, but other customers who've had it longer say that it's worked well for them.
I hope this helps anyone who's undecided.
on February 27, 2014
I've owned probably 25 ironman watches since they first came out 20 years ago. The last one I bought the light stopped working after a year, so I purchased this one. The title says "Ironman Traditional", so I expected full functionality. There is only 1 alarm, instead of the standard 3; the alarm sound is weak and low volume; the A or P for AM or PM is hard to read.
on August 15, 2014
I love the Ironman watches because they're durable, waterproof and easy to set. The functions are pretty intuitive and have been the same across every ironman I've owned. This ones is nice for a smallish wrist and is fairly attractive as these things go, however I was pretty peeved to discover that the actual color is purple, not blue like the product description says. I hate purple but I kept the watch anyway because there was no packing slip or receipt in the box and the other color choice I could have exchanged for was "red", which after the blue/purple mixup, I assumed is actually pink, which I hate more than purple.
on December 28, 2015
Unbelievable -- can't believe they even sell this watch given the issues. See photos. Received at xmas gift and this is what a white watch looks like after being worn for just a few hours -- actually changed colors.
review image review image review image
on October 3, 2013
I've worn triathlon watches for many years. The watches always seem to outlast the bands but for the price and watch quality it's well worth what you pay. I love the color and as long as you don't push any buttons under water it stays water proof. The thin width is ultra comfortable and the length fits my large wrist with two buckle holes to spare. From buckle to last buckle hole is about 9 inches so it should fit large or small wrists. Love it!
on May 27, 2014
I like the Ironman watches, but it's not the easiest thing to buy a new one. The best are the ones with three alarms and an interval timer. This one has just one alarm and one timer. The Amazon descriptions aren't all in the same format, so it's hard to figure this out sometimes. Still, the watch is cute and will work for most of my needs.