Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Color: Green Camo|Change

on December 12, 2014
This watch does not have a Velcro closure which is the main reason I purchased it. It is an adorable watch however it is described as having an elastic band with a Velcro closure. I'm attempting to add pictures of what it actually looks like so it might be helpful to others.
review image review image
11 comment| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2007
Great value for the price. This is our second one of this brand of watch. Especially good for children with small arms/wrists. Easy enough for kids to put on by themselves due to the velcro closure. Would buy again!
on February 7, 2008
(The following was written by the actual user of the watch)

This is without a doubt, the best watch in the world.

It's light, it's comfortable, it's simple, it's perfect.

I've worn this watch exclusively for 7 years now. Since 7 years is quite a long time, things happen and watches get lost or run over by cars. In each case, I have always returned to this watch. I think I've bought 11 of them over the years.

I believe I love this watch more than anybody else who has ever purchased it, because I've literally grown up with it. I remember the first one I got, so I would be able to see what time it was because my 5th grade teacher kept the clock covered. Now, this watch accompanies me everywhere from college to even the most grueling paintball games (timers, countdowns, indiglo, elastic band, absolutely perfect).

Buy this watch. You will never regret it.
11 comment| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 16, 2013
We gave my 5 year old son this watch as a reward for swimming so well. This was also his first real watch. He wanted a watch that can do the things that his older sister's watch can do: waterproof to swim, stop watch and makes beeps as reminders. He also got a bonus that he can press a button to make the watch glow to tell time in the dark (Indiglo). My son has small wrists and this watch fits great on him due to the velcro strap.

My son never takes it off. Waterproof works well. He wears it to swim classes and showers with this on all the time.

PROS
- Great kids features. Stop watch, timer, alarm and glows to see in the dark
- Great parents features: Waterproof and velcro strap to fit small wrists
- Inexpensive. Even if this watch only lasts one year, I would have gotten my money's worth
- Styling for a boy. Flames on the strap. Rocket, race car and other icons to represent features (e.g. timer or stop watch)

CONS
- Buttons are a little hard to press. My son doesn't mind it because he loves the watch so much. To make changes (like change the amount of time on the timer) you have to hold down the button for a few seconds. Which may be a little difficult.
- Fonts of the numbers are like the real cheap watches. My son doesn't notice it though. He just loves the watch.
- Silver parts scratches easily. Not an issue for us.
- Velcro strap feels a little stiff. More of an initial worry than an actual con. I was worried that the strap would irritate him, but has not been a problem at all.

OVERALL
I would buy this watch again and would recommend it as a great first watch. Even though it is a pretty inexpensive watch, the feature set is perfect for kids and their parents.
on March 1, 2007
My 10 year old loves this watch. It's been ticking good so far; Timex is pretty reliable. INEXPENSIVE, but reliable. Can't complain one bit.
on July 28, 2012
We bought this watch for our 7 year old son, based on the fact that it had an alarm to remind him when it was time to come home, and also because it was rated for "short recreational swimming." It was a great watch, until he took it in the water for the first time. It fogged up inside and quickly died. If you buy this watch, keep it out of the water!
on August 20, 2006
We have been very happy with this watch. My son bought it with his allowance money because he loved the camo arm band. He has not taken it off his arm since, and it has gone through a lot, but is still working. I enjoy the wrist band because it stretches over the hand, instead of "buckling" it on the wrist, which can be challenging for children.
on March 23, 2009
My son was given this watch for his 6th birthday. The soft, stretchy band seems like a great idea for a young child. The problem is that it continuously slips out of the clasp and falls off. The watch itself stopped working (just after warranty)and was not able to be fixed at a cost that was less than just buying another watch. In hind-sight I would have gone with a more expensive, sturdier watch. This one has been a disappointment for our 1st time watch owner.
on November 6, 2009
April 2010 - I just wanted to update that this watch gave up the ghost in January. At first we thought it was just the battery, but no. We bought it in June, so that gave us about 6 months of use.

November 2009 - I wanted my kids to have a watch prior to leaving for our first long road trip. I let each of them choose one from Amazon, and my son wanted this one. For the price and looks, it was a great deal. He was stumped on setting the time until we looked at the instructions. After that, he figured out the rest of the watch on his own. I like the fact that the strap is elastic, as he regularly sleeps with it. Also, the numbers are large enough that you can see them across the room. Lastly, he needs to read for at least 20 minutes daily, and he uses it to time himself. Overall, a great purchase for his first real watch.
on August 18, 2011
My grandson of 8 loves this watch. He had one before, but lost it about 4 mos ago. He saved up his money to replace it and so happy he has it again. He loves the alarm and stop watch. Since the band is Velcro, it can fit any wrist size. I would recommend this Timex Kids' watch.