5.0 out of 5 stars The best watch in the entire world.
(The following was written by the actual user of the watch)

This is without a doubt, the best watch in the world.

It's light, it's comfortable, it's simple, it's perfect.

Published on February 7, 2008 by j_and_goddess

3.0 out of 5 stars My son loved this watch...while it worked
April 2010 - I just wanted to update that this watch gave up the ghost in January. At first we thought it was just the battery, but no. We bought it in June, so that gave us about 6 months of use.

Published on November 6, 2009 by Karin

5.0 out of 5 stars The best watch in the entire world., February 7, 2008
(The following was written by the actual user of the watch)

This is without a doubt, the best watch in the world.

It's light, it's comfortable, it's simple, it's perfect.

I've worn this watch exclusively for 7 years now. Since 7 years is quite a long time, things happen and watches get lost or run over by cars. In each case, I have always returned to this watch. I think I've bought 11 of them over the years.

I believe I love this watch more than anybody else who has ever purchased it, because I've literally grown up with it. I remember the first one I got, so I would be able to see what time it was because my 5th grade teacher kept the clock covered. Now, this watch accompanies me everywhere from college to even the most grueling paintball games (timers, countdowns, indiglo, elastic band, absolutely perfect).

Buy this watch. You will never regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, August 20, 2006
This review is from: Timex Kids' T71912 Digital Watch with Camouflage Nylon Band (Watch)
We have been very happy with this watch. My son bought it with his allowance money because he loved the camo arm band. He has not taken it off his arm since, and it has gone through a lot, but is still working. I enjoy the wrist band because it stretches over the hand, instead of "buckling" it on the wrist, which can be challenging for children.

3.0 out of 5 stars My son loved this watch...while it worked, November 6, 2009

November 2009 - I wanted my kids to have a watch prior to leaving for our first long road trip. I let each of them choose one from Amazon, and my son wanted this one. For the price and looks, it was a great deal. He was stumped on setting the time until we looked at the instructions. After that, he figured out the rest of the watch on his own. I like the fact that the strap is elastic, as he regularly sleeps with it. Also, the numbers are large enough that you can see them across the room. Lastly, he needs to read for at least 20 minutes daily, and he uses it to time himself. Overall, a great purchase for his first real watch.

3.0 out of 5 stars Keep it out of the water, July 28, 2012
DJV (Pleasant Grove, UT USA) - See all my reviews
We bought this watch for our 7 year old son, based on the fact that it had an alarm to remind him when it was time to come home, and also because it was rated for "short recreational swimming." It was a great watch, until he took it in the water for the first time. It fogged up inside and quickly died. If you buy this watch, keep it out of the water!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, my son loves it, September 28, 2010
I got this watch for my son so he has an alarm to let him know it's time to come in from playing outside for dinner. The band is really comfortable for him. He has a skinny wrist and the soft band adjusted easily to fit him. I have even tried it on and it is comfortable. He can't operate the side buttons yet but I was able to figure them out even without using the instructions. We have used the alarm and the countdown timer as well. Haven't used chronograph (count-up timer) but I'm sure he will eventually. He does love the indiglo button and uses it often. He's still getting used to wearing a watch and takes it off at least once a day, but he loves that he has it and is proud to wear it. It also came with a certificate that says if you lose it within the first year they will replace it for only $10, which is a nice extra because that's a real possibility for us!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth It, June 20, 2012
My 7th grade son has always enjoyed military/camouflage stuff and having lost his last watch (and for him that doesn't usually take too long to accomplish!), thought I'd spend a small amount on what is overall a very favorably reviewed product. I'm wondering if other reviewers got a different watch than I was sent. Right out of the box the first impression is "this is REALLY cheaply made." The band is a fabric material that is extremely thin, lightweight, narrow and only with much struggle would it reach around the wrist of my very skinny son.

The watch itself is, as shown in the picture, digital, the casing being made entirely of plastic, which is what you would expect, but as in the band, the overall impression is of poor materials and quality. The settings for the watch are not overly intuitive so keep the 'instruction' booklet close by.

The expression "you get what pay for," is well known to all of us and I would apply it in this case with this watch except I didn't get what I paid for. I paid about twice the amount that the watch is worth. If you're like me, and you have a drawer full of inexpensive watches from WalMart, this one will be right at home with the collection, except, nicer watches of better quality that I purchased at Walmart were generally no more than $10. I've had very poor luck buying watches online sight unseen except for the photos. A picture may be worth a "thousand words," but when it comes to buying this watch, sight unseen, a picture is not worth $15.00!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good watch., May 24, 2014
This watch is not water resistant. My 7 year old received this for Christmas 2013 and wore it daily until it died the first day of May. This watch is easy to put on and take off, but he hopped in the shower and not a minute went by before he hopped out and took it off. It had already fogged up inside, rice didn't work.

My son loved, absolutely loved this watch, even when the elastic started shedding and pilling, but I would not buy it again. Such a let down.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT water resistant - Died after a very brief exposure to moisture., April 14, 2014
Bought this for my 5 year old Christmas 2013. He loved it and wore it all the time. He thought he was such a big boy being able to wear a watch and tell time! He diligently remembered to take it off every time he washed his hands or took a shower - except once ;( He forgot he had it on and wore it in the shower for about 2 minutes max, and the watch completely died with condensation all inside the screen. Put it in a bag of rice and it came back to life after a couple of days, but the screen flickers and only about half the numbers show up.

The style is great, and it was the perfect size for a 5 year old's wrist. Timex could easily have made this waterproof, or at least water-resistant for the $15 price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not water proof, August 1, 2012
My 4 year old loved this watch, however its not water proof. First time in the pool and water was inside the case. Few days later water is gone but screen is showing unreadable numbers.

2.0 out of 5 stars BAD WATCH, February 12, 2012
I bought this watch for my grandson for his 8th b-day. He wanted digital and told him he could have it after he learned to tell regular time, he did. He's had it less than 4 months, loves it, but it has not held up. The band is shredded, the light does not work and the face is fogged over from moisture. He sleeps, showers and never takes it off, that's how much he likes it! Timex was a watch you used to be able to depend on, not so much with this one. I would not recommend this watch to anyone, very disappointed.

Timex Kids' T71912 Digital Watch with Camouflage Nylon Band
$27.55
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.