5.0 out of 5 stars Long lasting and tough

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so much
Published on January 16, 2010 by William J. Sutton

5.0 out of 5 stars Long lasting and tough, April 29, 2007
T. Tong (Beaverton, OR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timex Men's T77517 Atlantis 100 Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch (Watch)
I was surprised to find out that Timex still makes this watch! I have worn this watch every day for the past 9 years, and it's still running on the original battery. It has remained largely intact, only with minor chips and scratches. The face, or 'crystal' has a lot of minor scratches, but the numbers are still very clear to read. The silver paint on the body has started to wear off, as well as some of the lettering, but then again, it has far exceeded its lifetime. Definitely recommended for its price.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this watch, April 15, 2010
I love this watch,this is my 4th one, in about 10 years.
water proof with the indiglow dial and the stop watch.
the band is great, it does not pull the hairs on your arm. Also the watch is thin and lays flat on your arm, NOT like the new models which are thick and tend to catch on things in the industrial workplace. It is a great design, I hope Timex continues to make this watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Accurate watch but face scratches easily, August 16, 2007
T. Miller (Middletown DE) - See all my reviews
I have owned this model Timex for 4 years. Accuracy and features are great, and battery longevity is fantastic. The only problem I have with this and other Timex digitals owned in the past, is how easily the watch face scratches. So, it is the case features which brings my rating down to 4.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch WITH A STANDARD REPLACEABLE BAND !!, August 7, 2009
Donald Gillies "secretbearer" (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I've bought 2 Atlantis watches and 10 Ironman watches over the past 25 years. Lately I've been buying watches for both myself and my wife. When my wife's expensive ironman band failed, causing her watch face to disappear from her wrist forever, after ONLY THREE MONTHS - I started to reconsider my recent purchasing decisions!

THIS WATCH USES A STANDARD WATCH BAND. It has all the features of the Ironman, more or less. If you've been using these timexes for 25 years as i have, you know that eventually the band snaps and you want a replacement. Well, I won't fall for this B.S. from Timex, who has made all their Ironman models use custom nonstandard bands !! So, I am switching over to Atlantis ~ I already bought one for my wife, and I'm getting one for myself !!

This new model has the same user interface as an Ironman, with chronograph and 3 alarms, and the iron is probably the alltime best-selling digital chronograph (since about 1986.) I predict that this will become the new #1 seller in the Timex line of sports watches !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Long lasting watch, June 3, 2010
The watch has all the basic features you would need. The best part about the watch is that it lasts forever. Checkout reviews elsewhere, and you will see that some people have had these watches for 20 years or more. I have had mine since at least December 1999. It was a Christmas gift, I may have gotten a year or two before 1999. But, you get the idea. over 10 years later I have had to replace the band and battery one time each (both last year in 2009). The front of the watch has scrapes on it and some of the text has begun to rub off... but, it still works. I like the watch so much that I came here looking to see if I could get another one, I would put it in storage and have it just in case this one ever stops working. That probably won't happen for another 10 years though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Timex Atlantis, February 12, 2010
This is the fourth of these watches I have owned. All were absolutely reliable and accurate. My work is hard on watches; the cases and bands take a beating, but the watches still run perfectly. I buy a new one when the face becomes unreadable. You can't beat the Atlantis for value and a dressier style than most inexpensive watches.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch for son a success, October 1, 2009
My son is a man of few words - when I asked him how the Timex Men's Atlantis 100 watch that we gave him for his birthday (about 2 months ago) was working for him, he said: "Run's like clockwork! :D"

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so much, January 16, 2010
William J. Sutton (Houston, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
I had this watch for less than two months. It kept nearly perfect time, it was good looking and very comfortable to wear. After about 4 weeks, I noticed a pin working loose from the band. I worked it back in multiple times and didn't think too much of it. In less than 8 weeks, the band separated and I had to send the watch back. My main reason for buying it was the hope that the band would last, so I'm very disappointed. I have no idea if my experience was unusual or not, but I've bought a more expensive watch as a result.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful watch!, May 29, 2014
Adrian Forstmaier (Simi Valley, California USA) - See all my reviews
I've had a Timex Atlantis watch for years. I've been retired for 12 years and have had my last Atlantis watch while I was still working! I used an Atlantis Timex watch when I used to scuba dive and had no problems with it. I find that it's been cheaper to buy a new Atlantis watch when the battery finally fails than to have a new battery put in. Also the jewelers won't guarantee the watch to be water proof if they replace the battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars still using and gifting., May 8, 2014
I have had two of these for the past 20 years and this one I purchased for my 16 year old son. I expect nothing less than great Timex quality.

Rate and Discover Movies