5.0 out of 5 stars Great value
Great value for the price. This is our second one of this brand of watch. Especially good for children with small arms/wrists. Easy enough for kids to put on by themselves due to the velcro closure. Would buy again!
Published on November 11, 2007 by Jennifer Yaklovich

2.0 out of 5 stars not quite right...
Published on March 23, 2009 by D. Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, November 11, 2007
Jennifer Yaklovich (Aviano Air Base, Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timex Kids' T78751 "Digital Flames" Watch with Black Cloth Band (Watch)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Cool...., March 1, 2007
My 10 year old loves this watch. It's been ticking good so far; Timex is pretty reliable. INEXPENSIVE, but reliable. Can't complain one bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof and Worry Free - My 5 Year Old Loves It, August 16, 2013
We gave my 5 year old son this watch as a reward for swimming so well. This was also his first real watch. He wanted a watch that can do the things that his older sister's watch can do: waterproof to swim, stop watch and makes beeps as reminders. He also got a bonus that he can press a button to make the watch glow to tell time in the dark (Indiglo). My son has small wrists and this watch fits great on him due to the velcro strap.

My son never takes it off. Waterproof works well. He wears it to swim classes and showers with this on all the time.

PROS
- Great kids features. Stop watch, timer, alarm and glows to see in the dark
- Great parents features: Waterproof and velcro strap to fit small wrists
- Inexpensive. Even if this watch only lasts one year, I would have gotten my money's worth
- Styling for a boy. Flames on the strap. Rocket, race car and other icons to represent features (e.g. timer or stop watch)

CONS
- Buttons are a little hard to press. My son doesn't mind it because he loves the watch so much. To make changes (like change the amount of time on the timer) you have to hold down the button for a few seconds. Which may be a little difficult.
- Fonts of the numbers are like the real cheap watches. My son doesn't notice it though. He just loves the watch.
- Silver parts scratches easily. Not an issue for us.
- Velcro strap feels a little stiff. More of an initial worry than an actual con. I was worried that the strap would irritate him, but has not been a problem at all.

OVERALL
I would buy this watch again and would recommend it as a great first watch. Even though it is a pretty inexpensive watch, the feature set is perfect for kids and their parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice watch for kids, December 22, 2008
M. Lu "Mom of young kids" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
my 7 year-old son loves this watch. He can use all the functions, such as alarm, timer and stop watch after I showed him once. this product also offers lost-insurance, which means if the watch is lost, you pay $10 and Timex will ship you another one within one year of purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars great kids watch, August 18, 2011
My grandson of 8 loves this watch. He had one before, but lost it about 4 mos ago. He saved up his money to replace it and so happy he has it again. He loves the alarm and stop watch. Since the band is Velcro, it can fit any wrist size. I would recommend this Timex Kids' watch.

2.0 out of 5 stars not quite right..., March 23, 2009
My son was given this watch for his 6th birthday. The soft, stretchy band seems like a great idea for a young child. The problem is that it continuously slips out of the clasp and falls off. The watch itself stopped working (just after warranty)and was not able to be fixed at a cost that was less than just buying another watch. In hind-sight I would have gone with a more expensive, sturdier watch. This one has been a disappointment for our 1st time watch owner.

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch for 5 1/2 yo, June 15, 2009
We bought this watch for my son for graduation from preschool. He loves it. We set the time and now he uses it almost daily. He is learning how to keep time and what the time we do things (ex. 12 lunch, 8 bedtime, etc.) The button size is perfect for his fingers. I would recommend to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kids Watch, August 13, 2012
My 6 yr old son bought this with his birthday money. After buying and returning another watch from Target and looking at reviews I hoped this one would fit the bill. It's perfect! Great watch, stays on well both in the pool and out (smart velcro band). Has all the features he was looking for: stopwatch, timer, light and waterproof. I know, what 6 yr old really needs all of this, right? But he loves it. He uses the stopwatch and timer function often to time himself and this watch is easy for him to use. He's asked me to remind him how to reset it a few times, but he is only 6. What I also like is that each function has an icon in the corner for ease of remembering what function you are in: a rocket for timer, skateboard for stopwatch, etc. Overall, it's a great watch at a great price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids, sometimes gets foggy, August 6, 2012
My kids love these watches. They wear them all the time and hardly ever take them off, even for swimming or showers. My one problem with them is they do get foggy sometimes and won't clear out, so we end up buying new ones. But they are so inexpensive that it's worth it. Andy Timex offers a free replacement for lost watches for kids! That's awesome! So keep your receipt.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke quickly and Amazon did not stand by product, July 9, 2013
I should have listened to other reviews that the watch would break quickly....but shame on me, I didn't. I thought that Timex was a good brand and that Amazon would stand by the product, but neither was true. After 6 months of only partial wear, it broke after he wore it in the pool. It is supposed to be waterproof. Now I have a terribly disappointed 4 year old, a broken watch, and no one to resolve the problem. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with an out of country customer service agency. They tried to resolve it by giving me a $5 credit against a future purchase. How insulting! Don't buy this watch and certainly don't buy one from Amazon. I'm going to buy a new one from Zappos or a local brick and mortar store.