4.0 out of 5 stars Like it, but short lives

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Scratches easily, looks old fast, January 18, 2012
SunsetDweller (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Timex Kids' T7B888 Analog Surfer Elastic Fabric Strap Watch (Watch)
I purchased this watch for my 4 year old, who loves Grandma's Timex watch due to the Indiglo function. It is lightweight, easy to adjust and colorful. And it does have Indiglo. The numbers are clear, at least initially. After several weeks of regular use, the face of this watch is totally scratched up. Kids are a lot harder on watches than adults (since grown-ups usually don't spend a good part of their day playing outside - sad, but true), and I was hoping Timex might account for that with scratch resistant faces. I was wrong. It is difficult to tell time when the face is so scratched up. It is too bad, because it is otherwise a great watch for a young child. Just the right size and shape.

4.0 out of 5 stars Like it, but short lives, December 19, 2012
My 5 year old loves this watch and wears it everywhere. We've had it for 3 months and the face is scratched, but still readable. The band is frayed from rubbing on the buckle that holds it in place. It had started loosening on it's own during the day and I had to sew the band so that he wouldn't lose it. We are ordering another of the exact same watch, but it should have lasted longer. It has been great for teaching time.

4.0 out of 5 stars great for kids, February 7, 2013
Works great, my kids love them, easy for them to get on and off once we set the strap size. The indi-glo is nice too. Timex is a brand I own and this is a solid first watch for kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, June 26, 2013
Bought for our son's 3yo birthday. The minutes are clear so he can learn how to tell time without having to add, count or multiply just to give the right time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for a younger child, January 10, 2013
we got these for my boys ages 4 and 6. They are very easy to put on and off and nice that it is ok for them to get wet. Still need to be careful though as my son already scratched up the face of his.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it!, January 8, 2013
We got this watch for our son for Christmas. We wanted him to be able to tell the time at what ever point of the day it was and to also get a sense of what a minute is versus an hour or two. He absolutely loves. He was fotunate to get two watches (one from us and one from his grandparents). Every 30 minutes he's checking his watch and telling us the time. It's quite funny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for kids, February 6, 2014
My 6 year-old was so happy with this watch. The band is probably the best part, being so comfortable and adjustable. The indiglo is also popular with my son. I like how the minute numbers are on the watch (5, 10, 15, 20...) to help my son learn to tell time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Adorable watch, February 4, 2014
Great styles and the fabric band is easy for a little guy to take on and off himself. The watch band gets wet, but it is a great watch to learn how to tell time with.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars! Grat to teach young ones to tell time on a regular clock face, January 17, 2014
Lucy Grubb (Rural Retreat, VA, US) - See all my reviews
Our granson opened it and was excited to have a "real watch" [vs a digital] We want to be sure our granchildren can tell time without it being digital. I know of high school kids who can not tell time on a regular clock--sad comentary on today's youth!

5.0 out of 5 stars My 5-year-old is so proud of his watch, January 14, 2014
My son really likes it. It works well, and he loves the indiglo. The band is also easy enough for him to loosen or tighten as he needs it. He's gotten the face scratched up a bit, but he plays hard sometimes, so that's not surprising.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›