Most helpful positive review
164 of 169 people found the following review helpful
Only one complaint...
on August 24, 2009
I have been looking for a "time teaching" watch for some time now. I like this watch for the following reasons:
1) The elastic band makes it easy on and off, but not so much that it will slide off by itself.
2) Hour hand is green and points to the green hour numbers
3) Minute hand is purple and points to the purple minute numbers
4) Has an actual second hand, although it does have a flower that sweeps along with it (I saw some that JUST had the sweeping flower/butterfly/etc. but wanted an actual hand.)
5) I like that the face is divided into "past" and "to", BUT (here's my only complaint)...
I would prefer the minutes to continue counting by 5s all the way up to 55, instead of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, 5. I understand the logic (being able to read "25 minutes to" the next hour) but still think it should have "35" instead. I prefer to teach my child to count BACK in five minute increments if I want her to read it that way. Let's face it, will children ever see a clock that has "25" where the "35" should be?
I wish I had paid attention on the ZOOM feature so I would have noticed the numbers printed on the face for the minutes. Check out the ZOOM for yourself and see if this is what you are looking for. If it is, then this is a great watch for you!
For me, it's ALMOST the perfect watch...