4.0 out of 5 stars timex expedition watch
Published on November 13, 2008 by Stacy Martin

2.0 out of 5 stars Should Have Paid More Attention to Reviews
Published 18 months ago by T. Rainman

4.0 out of 5 stars timex expedition watch, November 13, 2008
This review is from: Timex Unisex T49660 Expedition Classic Digital Chrono Alarm Timer Blue/Gray Fast Wrap Velcro Strap Watch (Watch)
I've been a fan of sports watches for more than 10 years but prefer fabric watch bands/straps, as opposed to rubber straps/bands. This is the best watch of its kind by far. It's not my first Timex but they have improved the features. The best new (at least to me) feature is the Indiglo button being in addition to the usual 4 buttons to change mode, set, etc. As with prior Timex watches of this type, it has 2 time settings--great for travelers or just daylight savings time changes. I especially like that it has 3 separate alarm settings and each can be set for daily, weekdays, or weekends. With the addition of the Indiglo button, setting time and alarms is simplifed and quick because there's plus/minus buttons, as opposed to having to roll around to get an earlier hour/time. This is a great watch and a good value for the price. I am still waiting for my free baseball cap which was supposed to be part of the deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Watch for Guys, June 15, 2009
I'm a guy but I don't like those large, cumbersome watches for men, so I decided to buy an Expedition/Unisex at Target. I couldn't find the Unisex model so I tried the Expedition. Except for the colors, it's the same exact watch. So if you can't find the Unisex model, get the women's Expedition, nobody will know the difference.

So far it's been excellent and I expect it to be very durable because my old Timex Triathlon lasted approximately 15 years, maybe even longer. I changed the battery twice during it's lifetime, isn't that incredible.

Anyway, back to the Unisex/Expedition.

1. The wristband isn't fancy but it's very light and comfortable.

2. I like the design and small size of this watch, for me it's perfect. The numbers are easy to read and it isn't large and uncomfortable like most men's models. I want a watch, not a clock on my wrist.

3. Figuring out how to set the date and time was somewhat tricky, but once I did, it was relatively easy.

I've only had the watch a few weeks and so far I love it. In fact, even my girlfriend likes the way it looks and we rarely agree on the appearance of anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son, age 11, loves this, February 17, 2011
I wanted to buy my 11-year-old son a watch that wasn't covered in cute animals or Lego pieces. Most of the children's watches are just childish. So I thought to look for something a woman might wear and hope it's small enough to fit him well. This has been a great watch for him. It's not too big, the band adjusts easily to his wrist and he can quickly loosen it or tighten it, if he wants to. It's got a timer and an alarm, which he doesn't use much but he has no trouble understanding them. He's very happy with it and now his little brother wants one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost at bottom of lake, October 2, 2013
This watch is AWESOME! My 10 year old son loves all the features...timer, alarms etc and he was able to set it up all on his own without help from Mom and Dad. This watch became a permanent feature on his wrist...until...it fell off while swimming at our lake cabin. He was so distraught. We bought him another just like it. Almost TWO MONTHS LATER his aunt was swimming in the lake and dove down to get a golf ball the kids saw at the bottom. When she came back up she had his watch in her hand...and it was STILL WORKING! They're not kidding when they say Timex can "take a licking and keep on ticking"! Now his little brother has the same watch (the replacement we had bought when the first was lost).

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent watch for the price, April 30, 2009
Very lightweight, easy to set the time. The timer is a bit more complicated to use, but I've found that to be an issue with all Timex watches. I have really skinny wrists, so the velcro wraparound band is a bit big and snags on some of my shirts, but that shouldn't be a problem for most people. My last Timex survived 13-14 years of abuse, so I'm hoping for similar results with this one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch, wristband leaving room for improvement, February 23, 2010
In a sentence, this is an excellent watch which clearly would have earned five stars if it wasn't for the wristband. Let me comment on some selected features. I cannot evaluate durability since I bought it only a short time ago.

Size. If you are male, if you dislike clunky things, and if your wrists are small, then you should seriously consider this watch. For me, all three conditions apply, and I think I made a good deal. I checked again, this watch is indeed advertised as a watch for children and ladies on the Timex website. However, I think the design is definitely unisex, the blue tone being even on the male side.

Wristband. The band is somewhat uncomfortable. It is narrow. It has a plastic buckle which is too dominant. Apparently, ladies and children are made to suffer. The band could be longer. For those having thicker wrists: check twice as the band may not reach around your wrist. This disadvantage turns out to be an advantage when you want to fasten the watch on your belt or backpack.

Price. The price is attractive, even more so as I am a Euro-based person. I bought my last Timex digital watch in 1993 at an absolute price comparable to this one. Considering the fact that the dollar has decreased much in value during the last 17 years, Timex watches have become way cheaper ever since.

User Interface. Clearly, there has been improvement since 1993. Being able to set the watch on the first day without consulting the user manual leaves a good impression - those small icons for plus, minus, etc. appearing next to the buttons are wonderful.

2.0 out of 5 stars Should Have Paid More Attention to Reviews, June 12, 2013
T. Rainman (East Haddam, CT United States) - See all my reviews
Usually, I find people who are displeased with the size and style of a product didn't read the full description. This time, they're spot on. This thing is dinky. I know there are some small men and women out there, but this was ordered by my 17 year old because he liked the styling (and, in hindsight, didn't fully understand the metric measurements, which do, in fact show the correct size of the watch itself). Now, this wouldn't have been a problem, but the band is sized to match. It does not fit me, my wife, or my 17 year old, just barely fits the 12 year old. The only person in the house it really fits is the 10 year old. Mind you, I've been wearing cloth /velcro watchbands for 20 years now (and, in spite of what some people have posted in the reviews, replacement bands are available for about $3.00, if you shop around). Bottom line -- this should be sold as a childs watch. Nothing wrong with the watch itself, it's just way too small to fit most people.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, but the strap loses its stick, August 16, 2009
I had this watch for almost a year and I loved it. I'm a runner and a swimmer, and the chronograph and timer are both are easy to use. Setting the time is also simple. I like the big-button indiglo, very easy to find in the pitch-black on backpacking trips. I took it off maybe a dozen times in the year I had it and I never had a problem with water resistance in the ocean, the pool, the shower, or a thunderstorm. I much prefer the velcro strap to a plastic one.

My single complaint about this watch is that after about six months, the velcro on the strap started thinning. The loop side was pulling the other side right off, so the strap became harder to keep closed. Eventually it ended up at the bottom of a lake on a kayak trip, and I have no doubt it will keep working down there for years. I will buy another, but I will buy it at a store that has a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so I can return it every time the velcro starts coming loose.

4.0 out of 5 stars Indiglo burns out - save your receipt, December 13, 2008
Bill (Norman, OK) - See all my reviews
This is a nice watch and the velcro strap works great for kids. I've had two of this model now, and the Indiglo light has gone out both times (tried a new battery but that wasn't the problem). I'll get another one because it is still a nice size with great features.

Keep your receipt so you can exchange it or send in for warranty repair if your Indiglo light goes out (one year warranty - seven bucks shipping through Timex). Mine lasted 1 month on the first watch and 4 months on the second. I have a different model Timex with Indiglo that still works fine after 4 yrs.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect!, October 25, 2012
My son love it! it's blue, it has light, and the alarm sounds very loud!! was his best birthday present!