5.0 out of 5 stars Best Watch I've Ever Owned
I had this watch for about four years, and I have to say that it's the best watch I ever owned. In fact, the only reason that I've ordered it again is because my old one fell into the black hole that is my house and unfortunately I don't think it's going to reappear any time soon. I still mourn its loss and hope that some day it will find its way back.

This...
Published on September 19, 2011 by Ridley I. Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Cause For Alarm
Published on January 25, 2011 by S. Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Watch I've Ever Owned, September 19, 2011
This review is from: Timex Unisex T49659 Expedition Classic Digital Chrono Alarm Timer Plum Watch (Watch)

This watch stood up to everything I could throw at it and was especially resistant to water. It stood up to swimming in lakes, swimming at the beach, snorkeling at Discovery Cove (with depths down to about 25 feet), rapids rides at theme parks, getting knocked around on rocks while hiking, ultimate frisbee, painting and any other activity I wanted to do. It's also been stolen by my cat who, although an accomplished gnawer and destroyer of my things, couldn't manage to do much damage. I'm not sure I could have destroyed it if I had tried, short of repeatedly smashing it under a heavy rock.

The only time I ever saw a little bit of water get into the casing was when I raised my hands upward on Kali River Rapids and managed to get my wrist caught square in a particularly powerful water jet shooting out of the wall; even so, there was no damage to the watch and the droplet in the watch face disappeared within a day. Water never got into the watch face again, and everything still worked perfectly (and as of roughly a month ago, still does).

Even scratched, banged, filthy, and gnawed on I loved my old watch... and now, I have a feeling that I'm going to love my new one just as much.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Mominator Watch, September 10, 2010
Mariahscarey (Grand Rapids, MI area) - See all my reviews
This is the fourth Expedition watch I've had over the years and they just keep getting better. The Indiglo light makes the numbers light instead of illuminating the background for the display now. Much easier to read in the dark. I use all of the features just around the house being a mom. We don't time laps but do time many other things (Mom, see how long I can hold my breath!) I use the alarms to remind myself to start daily tasks, and the second time is great for eBay time. I like the ease & use of setting the different functions, it makes sense when you go to do this and you don't need the instructions to figure it out. I keep the timer set at 10minutes and it has saved me countless times when I've been distracted after I start something, like filling the water trough or turning on the sprinkler. Whenever I leave a project momentarily, I set the timer and I'm sure to return to what I started. I only wish it had a second timer for things that last an hour since you have to press the button to go up and down in the minutes display. The only other thing I wish they'd improve is the look. Every time I put on my "dress" watch I miss the functions. I wish it would look a little nicer so I could wear it more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect waterproof watch, April 5, 2009
Jane (Knoxville, TN United States) - See all my reviews
I wear this every day in the water and out. It has three different alarm clocks, stopwatch, timer countdown. Very light and comfortable. Timex has long been a classic. It hasn't disappointed yet. It only gets better. Night light is a plus.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cause For Alarm, January 25, 2011
S. Jones (Port Coquitlam, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
I have to say that this is a very nice looking watch with good features, however, I bought it for the purpose of using it as an alarm to wake up in the mornings, and this is the one feature that does not work properly. If the first alarm tone doesn't wake you, a second tone goes off 5 minutes later. Since I purchased the watch a couple of months ago, at least once or twice in a two-week period the alarm failed to wake me up, or I didn't wake until the second tone went off.

At first I thought perhaps the alarm tone was not loud enough and I was sleeping through it.So I bought myself a regular alarm clock and set it for two minutes before the watch alarm went off to see what was going on with the watch alarm. Sure enough,there were days when the first alarm tone just didn't go off, although the one 5 minutes later did. And a few times both the first and second tones failed to go off. This is disappointing. I know the watch is still under warranty, but really it's not worth the cost of shipping the watch to an offical repair center.

Apart from this gripe however, I do recommend this watch, assuming that the flaw with my watch is not a widespread issue with this model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch!, June 12, 2009
This is a great watch! I've worn it almost 24/7 for quite some time and it takes hits and bumps fine and keeps on working. It has lots of features including an alarm. I really love this watch and is well worth the money. October 2011 update: Watch band just fell off today. I got 6+ years from this watch and only the band gave up. Yes it is purple and I would agree that it's not a unisex watch. It's far from red. Great investment though if you want a purple watch!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly like the picture, August 2, 2008
I bought this watch on Tuesday afternoon and it arrived this morning (Saturday). It was easy to set, its pretty light weight, and it's relatively cute. The picture makes it look pretty purple but it's definitely not as purple. So far so good though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, Reliable Watch, February 27, 2011
I purchased this watch over a year ago, in large part to help me manage my son's Juvenile Diabetes. I use both the timer (to determine when he needs to check his Blood Glucose after a meal) and the alarm (he needs to take his long-acting insulin at the same time every day), and both functions have performed flawlessly for me.

The Indiglo feature is great for checking the time in the dark (which I do frequently), and I also use the chronograph function to time walks and other exercise time. The band has held up very well (both cosmetically and functionally), despite being worn 24/7 and lots of camping over the summer.

The ONLY fault I have found with this watch is that the alarm is not loud enough to wake me when I am sleeping. If I need to do a middle-of-the-night BG check on my son, I set my phone alarm which is much louder.

I'll be purchasing an identical watch for my son to help him start taking more control of his Diabetes management.

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch is NOT waterproof, whatesoever!, March 13, 2012
I have owned this watch for the past 6 months and loved it. I used the timer feature and lap counter a great deal. The watch is easy to set and intuitive to manage. That being said, that all changed last week when some bath water splashed onto this watch. Within an few minutes the screen went cloudy and the readouts became garbled. This watch is advertised to be water resistant for 100M. My experience is it not even water resistant for 1 centimeter!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, April 29, 2010
Lovely watch, does everything I want it to. My only complaint is that the strap is a little stiff but I'm sure I can work it in....

1.0 out of 5 stars Men, this pink watch is not for you, July 15, 2011
This watch is described as "unisex" and color "red". It is actually a purplish shade of PINK. It's an extremely feminine-looking watch. It's not unattractive if you want a pink watch, but I didn't (I am male) and the Amazon description of "red" was misleading. And on my computer monitor the watch band in the photo looks even closer to brown. This watch is not even close to red in color, nor brown. It is girly pink. This isn't my idea of unisex. I am returning it.