Published on November 25, 2011 by BeeWee

1.0 out of 5 stars WAS NOT WATER RESISTANT
Published 6 months ago by K. Chung

5.0 out of 5 stars Understated timeless design + Indiglo = perfect casual watch!, November 25, 2011
This review is from: Timex Unisex T2N647 "Weekender" Watch with Black Nylon Band (Watch)
I originally bought this watch and the nearly identical Timex Men's T2N649KW Weekender Gray and Orange Watch (impulse buy while at TARGET) to take on a vacation to Europe about 2 months ago, and it is one of my favorite watches. (See my other review on the grey watch elsewhere.) I love how light (weight) the watch is, and due to the price point, I don't worry about it getting lost or damaged. Yet it still looks great whether you dress down or dress up. The Indiglo feature is great, especially when traveling across time zones (and me wanting to check my watch at night frequently).

I love the detailing of the strap bands as well, with the two metal bands that keep the excess strap in place. (These are typically the flimsy bands that wear down on my other watchbands - not a chance here!) The fact that the bands are easily interchangeable and replaced inexpensively is a bonus. You can easily change up the look of your watch.

For the price of a typical "decent" water-resistant casual men's watch, now I have three Timex Weekenders: one with the grey face (T2N649KW), this one with the black face (T2N650KW) and one in white (T2N651KW). THREE of these future classics shipped to you for under a hundred bucks. What are you waiting for?

5.0 out of 5 stars A great everyday watch!, June 24, 2012
I was looking for a nice casual watch I could wear when I don't want to be too flashy. I also wanted the watch to be "expendable". The plastic webbing band and utilitarian face combined with a little shine on the case fit the looks department. At around $25, it wouldn't be a tragedy to replace either.

Readability:
The watch has an Indiglo light, but you won't ever need to use it except in pitch black because the watch hands have a mirror finish that will catch almost any light. When not even a glimmer of light is around to reflect, the face light clearly illuminates without being distractingly bright. In short, you would have to be practically blind to not be able to read the watch in just a glance in any lighting condition, which is something I can't say for many watches I have worn before.

Comfort:
I generally have trouble wearing watches, they tend to bother my wrist. I have no trouble with this watch! Between the light weight and plastic webbing strap, I can even sleep with it on.

Appearance & sound:
I have received a number of complements on this watch. Ticking is audible but low, shouldn't be a problem unless you sleep with it on your pillow.

Time:
I have had the watch now for a couple of weeks, and it hasn't lost any time at all. Not that I really expected it to, but I felt it was worth mentioning in a review for a watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Watch For Any Normal Person Unless You're Dick Tracy or Tony Stark, June 12, 2014
This watch has absolutely everything a normal person needs in a watch. If you need more, there's a good chance that people talk about you behind your back - and not about good stuff.

1. This purely analog. Why is that good? I'll tell you why - nobody needs digital. If you need to know that it's 10:12 and not 10:15, you're going to die of a heart ache due to stress. If someone asks you what time it is and you say "10:12", they're going to look at you like you're crazy. Just say, "around 10:15" and get on with your life.

2. This also has the digits for "military time", aka: the time most of the rest of the world uses, yet most of us too stubborn to use. Have you ever set your alarm for 7AM only to mix up the AM and the PM and be late for work? You know why? Because you're a stubborn American so don't go complaining about foreigners "taking our jobs" when you're lazy to switch to "military time" and be done with that issue forever.

3. There is no timer, no calendar, no phases of the moon and all that other nonsense.
- You need a timer? Hint: if the second hand is on the 9/21, it takes 30 seconds for it to get to the 3/15. If it's somewhere else, do the math and repeat.
- You need to know what the date is? Look at a calendar. It's going to mess up in February, April, June, September and November anyways. You're more likely to get the wrong date than say, "Boy, I'm glad I know the date!" Like anyone uses checks anymore anyways. You're on Amazon so there's a chance you haven't filled out a check in years.
- Need to know the phases of the moon? Look up in the sky. It's not rocket science - it's astronomy.

3. The look doesn't make you look like you're in love with you.
It's chrome with a black face, white numbers, black band and a red second hand. There's nothing pompous about this tool for time calculation and nobody will want to steal it. Why not? Because it looks practical and practical people work jobs and don't steal watched.

4. The face glows.
You push the one knob on it and the face illuminates so you can see how long it's been since you purchased such a practical watch - day or night.

5. It's water resistant.
I didn't say water proof, so don't go diving with it - though I'm sure it'd be fine if you swam in the pool with it or forgot to take it off before you got in the shower. You probably won't shower with it on because you're not Jason Bourne. You're probably Ken from Marketing.

6. The strap/band is no nonsense.
- Are you a vegan? Lucky you because no animals were killed in the making of your killer watch - unless you count the dinosaurs that became the oil that made the nylon.
- Is the band stinking because you've doing manly things in it like carrying bags up cat food up to your upstairs apartment in the middle of July? No problem - it slips right off and you can wash it with any soap you want. No more fiddling with pins that shoot off like missile into your carpet, never to be seen again until they destroy your vacuum cleaner a month later.
- Is it wearing out? Yes, the nylon is a touch cheap, so it may fray. You can either singe it with a lighter or you can replace it. Just look for "Timex Weekend band" on Amazon and $8 and 2 days later (if you have Prime) you'll have a new band that you can slip on in literally 3 seconds.

7. It doesn't take pretending like you read the directions to set.
One knob - got it? You pull it away from the watch and set it to whatever the hell time it is. Just push it back in and you're set. No AM/PM nonsense to deal with, but I already mentioned that.

Conclusion:
If you want a watch that sync with your digestive system and reports back to the mothership so you can sync your iTunes library of Puddle of Mudd's Greatest Hits, this isn't the watch for you. If you want a watch that will tell you the time when you look at it, night or day, this is your lucky day, bud. I'm sorry that it doesn't tell you which way is North or tell others how much money you make, but if you need that, it's probably "time" for you to get realistic about the purpose of a watch. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Elegant and Well Made., August 17, 2011
I purchased this as a replacement for a Timex Camper which was also a great watch. This watch is heavier and larger than I expected but looks great and can be worn with everything from a t-shirt to a suit. The hands do not glow but the face is backlit, something i prefer because it's easier to see when you need it. It's simple and usable and it is the best watch I've seen in the price range that is a simple, modest, and sleek design. The case is well made as is the band. However, I have to keep the watch at the last hole in order to wear it at the appropriate tightness. So if you have a large wrist you may consider purchasing a replacement band. I wanted something I could wear with anything that wouldn't get hurt if it got dropped in water and would hold up for years. So far this has been nothing but a great purchase and I would highly recommend it to anyone. On a side not I picked mine up for around $32 shipped on ebay so look around because I promise you can do better than the price listed on the timex website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five star! But..., July 18, 2013
I got this watch and as soon as I saw it I was really impressed. It is a nice looking watch. The band is thinner than I expected and at first I thought this was bad, but I felt it and it feels sturdy and comfortable because it is thin. I have small wrists and it fits nicely.

My only complaint, while not a deal breaker, is the loudness of this watch. It is extremely loud. The second hand makes an annoying ticking noise. The watch blew me away when I first saw it, so this is no big deal. But still, if you have sensitive ears and you plan on leaving this in your bedroom at night, you will hear it. It is like an annoying wall clock. I read other reviews that said this and didn't believe i, but now I do.

It is still a wonderful, cheap watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOUD, January 21, 2013
I like the watch except for one thing, the ticking is very loud. Can't leave it on my bedside table at night. Looks sharp and is the right price though. I've taken it to 80 feet while freediving, no problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars WAS NOT WATER RESISTANT, June 12, 2014
Well I have wanted this watch for a while and I finally bought it on sale. THe watch performed beautifully for about 6 months until I went into a pool. The pool was not 30m deep and water got into the watch. I took it to a watch repair store and he said that it was because the O-ring that sealed the watch was old, dry, and cracked. Because I did not go swimming right away, there was no way for me to return the watch to Amazon, I may try the TImex warranty but I don't know if it is worth it. I will update this review if I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Casual Watch, July 12, 2013
This is one of the best watches that I have ever purchased. It has the basic features I need with an added extra of indiglo. The only thing that I hate about this watch is the second hand makes a noticeable loud ticking noise. Although the ticking noise is not noticeable unless you are in complete solitude.

4.0 out of 5 stars ****** Inexpensive & Classy, but "Loud". ******, November 27, 2013
Pros:

1) Inexpensive. I also got a special deal this past Saturday ($19.99) thru Amazon. It's -still- a great price even without the sale.

2) Very nice looking watch. It works as both a dinner watch as well as one worn to the gym. I chose the black strap to match the black face with white numbers/dials... I do think this color looks the best, but everyone is different. Nonetheless, it's a Classy watch.

3) Indiglo green light is bright! By the way, (unlike most other watches), this light only stays on for as long as you're holding the button (battery preservation).

4) It's Comfortable to wear.

Cons:

1) Ticking is loud, so I won't be able to wear it when sleeping.

2) No date/day on this watch. But, that's intentional because Timex wanted to keep this watch simple in functions.

Not much more to add. I'll post an update after I've owned this for a while.

Ask questions, and I'll reply fairly quickly.

Hope this helped! Happy Thanksgiving everyone. :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch band too small for men!, May 23, 2013
I was looking for a decent watch to wear when working on my honey-do list...always pleased with Timex quality/price combinations so I tried this watch. Band is way too small for men...I don't have large wrists, but I'm almost t the end of the band. It comes undone rather easily as a result. Recommend for women and children...not a man's watch.