Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Deal of the Day

on August 31, 2011
I really like the clean, classic look of the watch dial. The picture doesn't quite do justice to it, but it has a true vintage look. I am also happy with the size. It's not enormous like a lot of watches these days, but definitely larger than an actual vintage camper or field watch would be. Should be a good fit for most guys. As always, Indiglo is an awesome feature. The perfect weekend watch.

The strap is soft and flexible. Since it's a "slip through" strap, you can easily change out bands from one day to the next. Timex apparently sells other colors of watch band specifically for this model, but it takes any 20 mm "Zulu" style nylon band. The strap it comes with is one of the most comfortable nylon watchbands I've worn. It has ordinary springbars, so you could use a traditional two-piece watchband if you wanted to.

Here are a few measurements taken from the watch itself. Diameter excluding crown: 37, including crown: 39. Total height (lug-to-lug): 46 mm. I don't have a caliper, so those measurements were just taken with a ruler, but should accurate to within a millimeter. The watch has a press-on case back rated to 30 meters.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 12, 2012
How much I love this watch. I saw it in a watch display at a sporting goods store and I was mesmerized. Watches are so specific, usually too sporty, too xtreme, too bulky, too plastic, not classic enough. This watch defines what a perfect watch is to me. The watch band is amazing, it feels like silk and fits well. As cheaply made and generally crappy as the last Timex watch I bought was, this one makes up for it in spades and the fact that it's so inexpensive (mine was more at the fancy store) makes me want to buy back-ups for the future where watches are rationed because time is slipping away.
review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 3, 2012
After my expensive Fossil watch died about a year ago, I've been struggling with cheap garbage watches ever since, not willing or able to get another expensive one. The last one I had literally fell apart on me, so I decided it was time (literally) to look at better quality ones. I have owned a Timex watch before and it last for years, so it was the first brand I looked into, since Timex seems to be a great combination of reasonable prices and quality watches.

I found this olive green weekender on their website. For the record, this watch is UNISEX, not Men's, as Amazon states in the title. The color and style of the watch band grabbed me, mellow, casual, it really looked nice on the website. I also liked the large dial, my last cheapo had a tiny face that made me feel prematurely old when I struggled to read the time. The price seemed more than reasonable, and then I found it on Amazon for even less. So I ordered it. I was expecting to pay at least $50 for a good watch, so I was excited and hopeful.

I received the watch today and I have to say I am just thrilled with it. I had a read a review saying that the band was "paper thin" and "flimsy". I'm not sure what kind of paper they write on, but the band is almost 3mm thick, which is plenty. I wouldn't want it any thicker, it bends around the wrist nicely this way, and it is after all, tightly woven NYLON, so it's hardly flimsy. Having said that, I do agree with a different reviewer who said they wished the band holes had grommets. I would like that detail too, as well as a reinforced end of the band, but the fact is, the watch would cost more with those features, so I think I'll live without them.

The face is wonderful, I love the large size. Nice and easy to read with distinctive black hands and a bright red second hand, so you can see the time at a very quick glance. The overall face of the watch is pretty large though, so if you're looking for something small in size, this wouldn't be it. A couple descriptions I've read state the face color as white. It's not white, but more of a cream color. Fine with me, but thought I'd mention it. The Indiglo feature is pretty handy too, I haven't had the good ol' Timex Indiglo feature in a long time.

Some people have mentioned wishing the watch band was longer. I love it just the way it is, but admittedly, I have somewhat small wrists, so I appreciate the lack of a hanging band. There are ten adjustment holes, my wrist only goes to the 4th hole, so I would think it would be reasonable for most men or women, but if you're particularly large boned, maybe it would be on the small side, it's hard for me to say for sure.

Another feature is the 24 hour clock markings. Not something I needed, but it adds more detail to the face and is something new for me to learn.

Oh, and there's TWO loops on the watch band to slide the overlapping band under, which I really like! I hate hanging bands, which happens a lot on my smaller wrist.

Overall, I'd rate this watch a 10 out of 10, I just love it. I saw a review that said it's good for casual wear or dressy occasions. Everyone is entitled to their opinions of course, but I just want to say that I don't feel this is at all dressy. To me, it's a VERY casual style, which I think is why they named it the Weekender.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 27, 2012
Pros:
1. Accurate (15 sec slow after two months)
2. Low price
3. Clean, no frills face. The red second hand and cream face remind me of a school room clock.
4. Indiglo is really bright
5. Large, colorful collection of straps to pick from. I bought an extra beige strap from Target.
6. Straps are comfy.

Cons:
1. Ticking is insanely loud. Sometimes due to physical environment (cold air, enclosed space, quiet room). Sometimes due to mental issues (10 minutes left on engineering/math exam with ~40% of the test blank, trying to fall asleep).
2. Strap is uncomfortable for a day.

Note: If you don't mind the ticking, use can use it to psych out the students around you.
on December 5, 2014
I got this watch on sale from Amazon on Black Friday for $12. For that price I'd say it's the best deal I've ever gotten on a watch. I wish I would have thought to pick up a black one at that price but luckily these Weekenders go on sale frequently. At the retail price of $30 I'd give this watch a 3.5 out of 5. I'm going with 4 out of 5 for this review since it looks like this Chrome chassis/White face/Olive band model is going for $22 on Amazon.

Pros:
Indiglo light
Classic design
Sturdy chassis
Water resistant
High quality glass
24 hour sub-numbering
Attractive understated font
Tons of strap options available
Quick and easy strap changing
Diameter is just right in my opinion

Cons:
No date
Loud ticking
Chrome chassis scratches easily
Included band is scratchy and frays easily
My wrist is 6.25" and the included strap is about .75" too long
review image review image
on December 19, 2013
Some people have complained about the ticking noise, but I wish they were more vocal about it. It's LOUD.

Loud like I take it off in my office because I can hear it over my typing.

Loud like I have to bury it under a pile of pillows to absorb the sound while I sleep.

Loud like my wife complains about it when she's trying to read from across the room.

Everything about it is awesome EXCEPT the loud ticking, which is enough to make you go nuts and give it only 2 stars.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 11, 2012
I bought this watch to wear on occasions I didn't want to risk damaging my nice watch - like yard work, etc.

I bought this watch because it looks nice, and it has the slip through strap. I have many watch straps, so the fact that this watch strap is very subpar doesn't bother me.

Had I wanted a nice watch with a quality watch strap, this would've disappointed me big time. I have medium size wrists, usually wear my straps right in the middle hole. With this strap, is was on the last hole and it seemed a bit tight.

This watch for about $30 plus a nice quality 20mm NATO band for another $10 would give you a nice watch package for $40.

If you have big wrists, think about buying an additional watch band when you purchase this watch.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 21, 2013
The watch looks just likes I expected from the photos. The light feature works well and it feels comfortable and sturdy. However, the second hand ticking is loud enough that I don't like to have it in the room I sleep in.
on December 14, 2013
I'm sorry to say the compression pin that holds the watch strap, popped out after 18 days - for no reason other than poor design or materials. I'm retired and roughest treatment this watch was subjected to was grocery shopping, reading and walking.
on November 19, 2013
I do not know why I expected a watch labeled water resistant to resist water. Water rushed inside the face the first time it got wet. It is not like I was scuba diving. It is just so cheaply made it leaked washing hands.