Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Olive|Change

on August 31, 2011
I really like the clean, classic look of the watch dial. The picture doesn't quite do justice to it, but it has a true vintage look. I am also happy with the size. It's not enormous like a lot of watches these days, but definitely larger than an actual vintage camper or field watch would be. Should be a good fit for most guys. As always, Indiglo is an awesome feature. The perfect weekend watch.

The strap is soft and flexible. Since it's a "slip through" strap, you can easily change out bands from one day to the next. Timex apparently sells other colors of watch band specifically for this model, but it takes any 20 mm "Zulu" style nylon band. The strap it comes with is one of the most comfortable nylon watchbands I've worn. It has ordinary springbars, so you could use a traditional two-piece watchband if you wanted to.

Here are a few measurements taken from the watch itself. Diameter excluding crown: 37, including crown: 39. Total height (lug-to-lug): 46 mm. I don't have a caliper, so those measurements were just taken with a ruler, but should accurate to within a millimeter. The watch has a press-on case back rated to 30 meters.
55 comments| 190 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2012
How much I love this watch. I saw it in a watch display at a sporting goods store and I was mesmerized. Watches are so specific, usually too sporty, too xtreme, too bulky, too plastic, not classic enough. This watch defines what a perfect watch is to me. The watch band is amazing, it feels like silk and fits well. As cheaply made and generally crappy as the last Timex watch I bought was, this one makes up for it in spades and the fact that it's so inexpensive (mine was more at the fancy store) makes me want to buy back-ups for the future where watches are rationed because time is slipping away.

***Update to three years in the future. The second photo is the same watch, worn daily, battered and beaten, with a new band (I forgot why) two batteries later. Still ticking. If these are ever discontinued I will buy ten.
review image review image
44 comments| 151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 5, 2012
This is a nice enough watch for what I paid for. I wanted an upgrade from the typical digital watches I used to get for running. I want something casual that I could wear every day, and yet also be something I could wear into work. This certainly fits the bill. I wear it all the time and it's comfortable. It's easy to read, day and night thanks the backlight Indiglo.

The only problem I have is the ticking! It's loud enough to bug me. I thought when I read reviews about it I would be able to deal with the loud ticking, but it's actually started to annoy me more after a few months of wearing it. I can hear it at night, when it's sitting on the dresser across the room, so I have to cover it up with a wallet or sometimes a cloth eyecover blindfold thing.

The second hand also doesn't line up with some of the ticks on the edges exactly enough. Another small detail, but worth noting.

If you really think you can get over the loud ticking, get this watch. If you like the look, go for it. It's not terribly big (I have small wrists) so I like the way it feels and looks on my wrist. But seriously, the ticking is pretty annoying.
1313 comments| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2012
After my expensive Fossil watch died about a year ago, I've been struggling with cheap garbage watches ever since, not willing or able to get another expensive one. The last one I had literally fell apart on me, so I decided it was time (literally) to look at better quality ones. I have owned a Timex watch before and it last for years, so it was the first brand I looked into, since Timex seems to be a great combination of reasonable prices and quality watches.

I found this olive green weekender on their website. For the record, this watch is UNISEX, not Men's, as Amazon states in the title. The color and style of the watch band grabbed me, mellow, casual, it really looked nice on the website. I also liked the large dial, my last cheapo had a tiny face that made me feel prematurely old when I struggled to read the time. The price seemed more than reasonable, and then I found it on Amazon for even less. So I ordered it. I was expecting to pay at least $50 for a good watch, so I was excited and hopeful.

I received the watch today and I have to say I am just thrilled with it. I had a read a review saying that the band was "paper thin" and "flimsy". I'm not sure what kind of paper they write on, but the band is almost 3mm thick, which is plenty. I wouldn't want it any thicker, it bends around the wrist nicely this way, and it is after all, tightly woven NYLON, so it's hardly flimsy. Having said that, I do agree with a different reviewer who said they wished the band holes had grommets. I would like that detail too, as well as a reinforced end of the band, but the fact is, the watch would cost more with those features, so I think I'll live without them.

The face is wonderful, I love the large size. Nice and easy to read with distinctive black hands and a bright red second hand, so you can see the time at a very quick glance. The overall face of the watch is pretty large though, so if you're looking for something small in size, this wouldn't be it. A couple descriptions I've read state the face color as white. It's not white, but more of a cream color. Fine with me, but thought I'd mention it. The Indiglo feature is pretty handy too, I haven't had the good ol' Timex Indiglo feature in a long time.

Some people have mentioned wishing the watch band was longer. I love it just the way it is, but admittedly, I have somewhat small wrists, so I appreciate the lack of a hanging band. There are ten adjustment holes, my wrist only goes to the 4th hole, so I would think it would be reasonable for most men or women, but if you're particularly large boned, maybe it would be on the small side, it's hard for me to say for sure.

Another feature is the 24 hour clock markings. Not something I needed, but it adds more detail to the face and is something new for me to learn.

Oh, and there's TWO loops on the watch band to slide the overlapping band under, which I really like! I hate hanging bands, which happens a lot on my smaller wrist.

Overall, I'd rate this watch a 10 out of 10, I just love it. I saw a review that said it's good for casual wear or dressy occasions. Everyone is entitled to their opinions of course, but I just want to say that I don't feel this is at all dressy. To me, it's a VERY casual style, which I think is why they named it the Weekender.
22 comments| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2013
It's hard to find a more stylish watch for the price. Looks similar to the "Timex Military Watch" being sold at J. Crew (although not as "vintage"), but at one-fifth the price. Although I've only owned the watch for a few weeks, it has kept time perfectly. It's nice to see such a low-priced watch with the hands aligned correctly (i.e. second hand is aligned perfectly with the marks around the face, minute hand is properly aligned based on position of second hand, etc.). Also, the Indiglo feature on the watch is another nice bonus.

However, as other reviewers of the Timex Weekender series have noted, it is loud. You won't notice it on your wrist, but it may be an issue if you try to sleep with it on your nightstand.

You can easily find a number of NATO straps on amazon or elsewhere to make the watch endlessly customizable, or, as I prefer, you can buy the Timex ZULU straps which are made for the watch here at amazon or at Target (which I've found to be more substantial and easier to switch out).

Overall, a great value and a very stylish watch. Highly recommend.
on December 5, 2014
I got this watch on sale from Amazon on Black Friday for $12. For that price I'd say it's the best deal I've ever gotten on a watch. I wish I would have thought to pick up a black one at that price but luckily these Weekenders go on sale frequently. At the retail price of $30 I'd give this watch a 3.5 out of 5. I'm going with 4 out of 5 for this review since it looks like this Chrome chassis/White face/Olive band model is going for $22 on Amazon.

Pros:
Indiglo light
Classic design
Sturdy chassis
Water resistant
High quality glass
24 hour sub-numbering
Attractive understated font
Tons of strap options available
Quick and easy strap changing
Diameter is just right in my opinion

Cons:
No date
Loud ticking
Chrome chassis scratches easily
Included band is scratchy and frays easily
My wrist is 6.25" and the included strap is about .75" too long
review image review image
on November 25, 2011
I originally bought this watch and the nearly identical Timex Men's T2N649KW Weekender Gray and Orange Watch (impulse buy while at TARGET) to take on a vacation to Europe about 2 months ago, and it is one of my favorite watches. (See my other review on the grey watch elsewhere.) I love how light (weight) the watch is, and due to the price point, I don't worry about it getting lost or damaged. Yet it still looks great whether you dress down or dress up. The Indiglo feature is great, especially when traveling across time zones (and me wanting to check my watch at night frequently).

I love the detailing of the strap bands as well, with the two metal bands that keep the excess strap in place. (These are typically the flimsy bands that wear down on my other watchbands - not a chance here!) The fact that the bands are easily interchangeable and replaced inexpensively is a bonus. You can easily change up the look of your watch.

For the price of a typical "decent" water-resistant casual men's watch, now I have three Timex Weekenders: one with the grey face (T2N649KW), this one with the black face (T2N650KW) and one in white (T2N651KW). THREE of these future classics shipped to you for under a hundred bucks. What are you waiting for?
33 comments| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2012
Pros:
1. Accurate (15 sec slow after two months)
2. Low price
3. Clean, no frills face. The red second hand and cream face remind me of a school room clock.
4. Indiglo is really bright
5. Large, colorful collection of straps to pick from. I bought an extra beige strap from Target.
6. Straps are comfy.

Cons:
1. Ticking is insanely loud. Sometimes due to physical environment (cold air, enclosed space, quiet room). Sometimes due to mental issues (10 minutes left on engineering/math exam with ~40% of the test blank, trying to fall asleep).
2. Strap is uncomfortable for a day.

Note: If you don't mind the ticking, use can use it to psych out the students around you.
on July 17, 2013
On Saturday morning, it's nice to change up the suit and tie and throw on the jeans, a casual shirt, and this watch. It's casual, but in a fashionable way. The austere face is classic, the blue second hand gives a slight nod to the blued steel second hands on a fine Swiss piece, and the nylon strap takes it down a notch, the simplicity makes it look rich. There's also something nice about wearing a classic American value brand for what it does best, tell basic, accurate time. Really love this watch and was surprised to press the crown and see the bright indiglo face. The yellow on the strap, is as I hoped very faint, and could just easily pass for natural white. The strap is comfortable, although I have very small wrists for a 6'2" 220lb man and I am at the midway point on the notches, so an exceptionally large guy could find the strap a bit small. Reading some of the other reviews, I was a bit worried about the volume of the ticking, but it has not bothered me. If you hold it up to your ear, it is faintly louder than a normal watch, but you certainly would not hear it through normal wear. I did a "highly scientific analysis", in a quiet room, I stopped hearing the tick at about 20" from my ear; your call if that's a deal breaker. My wife continues to make comments about how much she likes this watch as an alternative to the more formal weekday wear and I completely agree. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a casual, basic watch at a great value.
on September 20, 2011
I just got the watch and have been wearing it since then. The watch is comfortable, the face is big and easy to read. The second hand can be "hacked." In other words, when the crown is pulled out, the second hand stops too. I'm not too concerned about the second hand, but there are people who care about that.

The only downside is the smallish watch band. I'm 5'10 and have an Asian wrist so it's not a big problem, but taller guys who have bigger wrists might need a bigger watch band.

Overall, an excellent casual watch. It is very affordable but does not look cheap at all.