Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Timex Unisex T2N654 Weekender Watch with Blue and Gray Nylon Strap
Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick

on April 5, 2012
This is a nice enough watch for what I paid for. I wanted an upgrade from the typical digital watches I used to get for running. I want something casual that I could wear every day, and yet also be something I could wear into work. This certainly fits the bill. I wear it all the time and it's comfortable. It's easy to read, day and night thanks the backlight Indiglo.

The only problem I have is the ticking! It's loud enough to bug me. I thought when I read reviews about it I would be able to deal with the loud ticking, but it's actually started to annoy me more after a few months of wearing it. I can hear it at night, when it's sitting on the dresser across the room, so I have to cover it up with a wallet or sometimes a cloth eyecover blindfold thing.

The second hand also doesn't line up with some of the ticks on the edges exactly enough. Another small detail, but worth noting.

If you really think you can get over the loud ticking, get this watch. If you like the look, go for it. It's not terribly big (I have small wrists) so I like the way it feels and looks on my wrist. But seriously, the ticking is pretty annoying.
1313 comments|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2011
I just got the watch and have been wearing it since then. The watch is comfortable, the face is big and easy to read. The second hand can be "hacked." In other words, when the crown is pulled out, the second hand stops too. I'm not too concerned about the second hand, but there are people who care about that.

The only downside is the smallish watch band. I'm 5'10 and have an Asian wrist so it's not a big problem, but taller guys who have bigger wrists might need a bigger watch band.

Overall, an excellent casual watch. It is very affordable but does not look cheap at all.
on April 11, 2015
Bought this on promo at reduced price. Barely owned it two months before strap broke. May be repairable, but my time isn't worthless. I'm cutting my losses and hoping this serves as a warning to others.
review image
on May 25, 2012
Received my new blue-banded Weekender today, and I'm really happy so far with this watch - it has so many features that I have been searching for for so long, and only one that detracts. I really like the noise that other reviewers comment about, it's one of my favorite aspects of any watch or clock. It's really not that loud, to me, I have to hold it up to within a few inches of my ear to hear it. (I'm 38 with no hearing problems :) ) I really like the size of the numerals, and the slant of the watch face all around the edge, making the tick-marks much easier to pick out individually. And the length of the hands, including the second hand, are all the way I would choose if I were custom-designing the watch for myself. The contrast of the hands, including the red second hand, all go nicely against the somewhat "egg-antiqued" coloring of the face, and overall this watch is very easy to read quickly. The only drawback, and keeping me from giving it 5 stars, is the second line of numbers on the inside for military time - as if those of us who actually use military time aren't capable of adding 12 to each number for P.M. times. Or maybe mathematics really has gotten that bad in this country, but I digress... Also, the second hand does not always line up with each tick mark - many of them do, and many of them do not. Since I'm kind of fanatical about such things, I wish they would, and it bugs me, but for $30 I guess I'm willing to put up with it - I did buy the watch, after all. Also, the band is quite comfortable on my wrist, fits perfectly (I have small wrists), and the watch itself isn't Flav-o-Flav proportions and looks right on my arm. This watch is very much heavier than my other wristwatches, but for some reason it doesn't bother me at all - it just feels 'sturdy' I suppose. Oh, and the Indiglo works nicely and is very readable at night. (Or in the bathroom with the lights out where I just tested it.) Finally, I have my hopes up that this Timex keeps good time - better time than some of my other Timex's; if it doesn't it is the last one I'll ever buy. I have a Timex Expedition analog that gained 3 seconds since yesterday, and minutes per week, another Timex expedition analog that gained 1 second since yesterday (I'm ok with that - it's the first one that keeps horrible time), and my latest Timex Expedition DIGITAL Unisex T49660 that keeps the worst time of any watch I've ever owned - it gained 5 seconds since yesterday, and is off by several minutes every week. This watch is brand-new! But this Weekender has so many features, and several good reviews, that I'm willing to give one final chance. It looks really sweet, and I like it a lot so far, so I'm hoping for the best. Will edit this review in future if it doesn't work.
on January 3, 2015
And have I not told you that what you mistake for madness is but over-acuteness of the sense? --now, I say, there came to my ears a low, dull, quick sound, such as a watch makes when enveloped in cotton. I knew that sound well, too. It was the beating of the old man's heart. It increased my fury, as the beating of a drum stimulates the soldier into courage.
But even yet I refrained and kept still. I scarcely breathed. I held the lantern motionless. I tried how steadily I could maintain the ray upon the eve. Meantime the hellish tattoo of the heart increased. It grew quicker and quicker, and louder and louder every instant. The old man's terror must have been extreme! It grew louder, I say, louder every moment! --do you mark me well I have told you that I am nervous: so I am. And now at the dead hour of the night, amid the dreadful silence of that old house, so strange a noise as this excited me to uncontrollable terror. Yet, for some minutes longer I refrained and stood still. But the beating grew louder, louder! I thought the heart must burst. And now a new anxiety seized me --the sound would be heard by a neighbour! The old man's hour had come! With a loud yell, I threw open the lantern and leaped into the room. He shrieked once --once only. In an instant I dragged him to the floor, and pulled the heavy bed over him. I then smiled gaily, to find the deed so far done. But, for many minutes, the heart beat on with a muffled sound. This, however, did not vex me; it would not be heard through the wall. At length it ceased. The old man was dead. I removed the bed and examined the corpse. Yes, he was stone, stone dead. I placed my hand upon the heart and held it there many minutes. There was no pulsation. He was stone dead. His eve would trouble me no more.
review image
on May 9, 2012
I just purchased it. It is a simple and attractive watch. I like the idea of easily changing it's bands. It has a lot of colored bands with nice style color combination. You can purchase a lot of colored bands and change whatever you like. It's size is medium (38mm diameter) and I feel it's nice. it's weight is nothing. Finally, it is too cheap watch ($29) and I love it.
review image review image
on October 29, 2014
For me, an active life style and expensive watches don't mix. Sooner or later I know the watch is going to dropped, scratched or bashed against some unforgiving surface. If the wrist band is metal links I'll find a way to break one and if it's leather the combination of sweat and sun tan lotion quickly makes it grungy. I also don't need to know the phases of the moon or to check the time when 500 ft below the surface of the ocean. At that point not knowing the time would be the least of my problems.
So for me the Weekender does just what a watch needs to do, keep accurate time (it has been doing so for the first 2 months at least), be easy to read and, with the removable/replaceable/washable wrist band, be easy to keep clean. All this for a price that means I won't be particularly concerned when my next watch accident happens. I also think this is a good looking watch.

Some reviewers have commented on loud ticking. I can hear the watch if it's a few inches from my ear but not on my wrist or bedside table. As others have noted the wrist band may be too small for larger wrists. It's an 8 inch strap which is the distance from the prong to the outermost hole. The overall length is just over 9 inches. Larger straps are available but most I saw were 11inches. It would be nice if Timex offered an option between 8 and 11 inches.
on March 4, 2015
This is such a bummer. The watch looks great. The fold over strap buckle fits and feels great on my tiny girl-like wrists. It even had Indiglo when you press the crown which I didn't know when I bought it and thought was fantastic.

It really is that loud though. As in, kept me up at night from across the bedroom loud. I keep it in a drawer at night to solve that problem but I stopped even wearing it to work because while I'm driving that ticking is all that I can hear once I noticed it. Telltale Heart style.

I saw many reviews that mentioned how loud it was but was like, "Eh, I'm sure it's not that bad..." It is. If you're sensitive to that, you probably shouldn't buy this.

PS: Five stars if it weren't for the noise. Huge bummer, EVERYTHING else about the watch I love but I don't wear it anymore because of the noise.
on August 14, 2012
This thing looks great for the money. One thing I noticed quickly is the ticker is LOUD. I couldn't have it on my nightstand because the ticking kept me awake, my girlfriend even complained about it on the other side of the bed.

After two months of occasional usage the part of the watch that holds the face on the band broke. I was sitting at the symphony at the time, not exactly an abusive activity. I won't be replacing it.
on August 17, 2011
This is actually the second Weekender I have purchased. My first one has a black dial and I found myself so happy with it that I also bought the white dial version. So far both have kept very accurate time. The watch itself is a medium width which fits nicely on an average sized man's wrist. The shape and styling lends itself to fitting in well with most modes of dress. I've managed to wet, drop, bump and generally mildly abuse both of my Weekenders and have not experienced any failure, nor have they become dull and scratched from the mild abuse. In short these are great little sturdy watches to have around.

There is ONE negative that I must warn you about. The wristbands run very small. I purchased one of these watches from Amazon and one directly from Timex and they both had the same issue of having a very short band. If you are an average sized male with a medium wrist diameter these bands will not fit comfortably. My solution was to simply buy wristbands that did fit. I opted to buy new bands because despite this one annoyance, I just love this watch and felt it was worth the effort to replace the band.