2,501
Color Name: OrangeChange
Price:$39.99 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on August 31, 2011
Color Name: Cream/Silver/OliveVerified Purchase
I really like the clean, classic look of the watch dial. The picture doesn't quite do justice to it, but it has a true vintage look. I am also happy with the size. It's not enormous like a lot of watches these days, but definitely larger than an actual vintage camper or field watch would be. Should be a good fit for most guys. As always, Indiglo is an awesome feature. The perfect weekend watch.

The strap is soft and flexible. Since it's a "slip through" strap, you can easily change out bands from one day to the next. Timex apparently sells other colors of watch band specifically for this model, but it takes any 20 mm "Zulu" style nylon band. The strap it comes with is one of the most comfortable nylon watchbands I've worn. It has ordinary springbars, so you could use a traditional two-piece watchband if you wanted to.

Here are a few measurements taken from the watch itself. Diameter excluding crown: 37, including crown: 39. Total height (lug-to-lug): 46 mm. I don't have a caliper, so those measurements were just taken with a ruler, but should accurate to within a millimeter. The watch has a press-on case back rated to 30 meters.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 3, 2012
Color Name: Cream/Silver/OliveVerified Purchase
After my expensive Fossil watch died about a year ago, I've been struggling with cheap garbage watches ever since, not willing or able to get another expensive one. The last one I had literally fell apart on me, so I decided it was time (literally) to look at better quality ones. I have owned a Timex watch before and it last for years, so it was the first brand I looked into, since Timex seems to be a great combination of reasonable prices and quality watches.

I found this olive green weekender on their website. For the record, this watch is UNISEX, not Men's, as Amazon states in the title. The color and style of the watch band grabbed me, mellow, casual, it really looked nice on the website. I also liked the large dial, my last cheapo had a tiny face that made me feel prematurely old when I struggled to read the time. The price seemed more than reasonable, and then I found it on Amazon for even less. So I ordered it. I was expecting to pay at least $50 for a good watch, so I was excited and hopeful.

I received the watch today and I have to say I am just thrilled with it. I had a read a review saying that the band was "paper thin" and "flimsy". I'm not sure what kind of paper they write on, but the band is almost 3mm thick, which is plenty. I wouldn't want it any thicker, it bends around the wrist nicely this way, and it is after all, tightly woven NYLON, so it's hardly flimsy. Having said that, I do agree with a different reviewer who said they wished the band holes had grommets. I would like that detail too, as well as a reinforced end of the band, but the fact is, the watch would cost more with those features, so I think I'll live without them.

The face is wonderful, I love the large size. Nice and easy to read with distinctive black hands and a bright red second hand, so you can see the time at a very quick glance. The overall face of the watch is pretty large though, so if you're looking for something small in size, this wouldn't be it. A couple descriptions I've read state the face color as white. It's not white, but more of a cream color. Fine with me, but thought I'd mention it. The Indiglo feature is pretty handy too, I haven't had the good ol' Timex Indiglo feature in a long time.

Some people have mentioned wishing the watch band was longer. I love it just the way it is, but admittedly, I have somewhat small wrists, so I appreciate the lack of a hanging band. There are ten adjustment holes, my wrist only goes to the 4th hole, so I would think it would be reasonable for most men or women, but if you're particularly large boned, maybe it would be on the small side, it's hard for me to say for sure.

Another feature is the 24 hour clock markings. Not something I needed, but it adds more detail to the face and is something new for me to learn.

Oh, and there's TWO loops on the watch band to slide the overlapping band under, which I really like! I hate hanging bands, which happens a lot on my smaller wrist.

Overall, I'd rate this watch a 10 out of 10, I just love it. I saw a review that said it's good for casual wear or dressy occasions. Everyone is entitled to their opinions of course, but I just want to say that I don't feel this is at all dressy. To me, it's a VERY casual style, which I think is why they named it the Weekender.
on November 26, 2011
Color Name: Black/Black
I originally bought this watch and the nearly identical Timex Men's T2N649KW Weekender Gray and Orange Watch (impulse buy while at TARGET) to take on a vacation to Europe about 2 months ago, and it is one of my favorite watches. (See my other review on the grey watch elsewhere.) I love how light (weight) the watch is, and due to the price point, I don't worry about it getting lost or damaged. Yet it still looks great whether you dress down or dress up. The Indiglo feature is great, especially when traveling across time zones (and me wanting to check my watch at night frequently).

I love the detailing of the strap bands as well, with the two metal bands that keep the excess strap in place. (These are typically the flimsy bands that wear down on my other watchbands - not a chance here!) The fact that the bands are easily interchangeable and replaced inexpensively is a bonus. You can easily change up the look of your watch.

For the price of a typical "decent" water-resistant casual men's watch, now I have three Timex Weekenders: one with the grey face (T2N649KW), this one with the black face (T2N650KW) and one in white (T2N651KW). THREE of these future classics shipped to you for under a hundred bucks. What are you waiting for?
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 12, 2012
Color Name: Cream/Silver/Olive
How much I love this watch. I saw it in a watch display at a sporting goods store and I was mesmerized. Watches are so specific, usually too sporty, too xtreme, too bulky, too plastic, not classic enough. This watch defines what a perfect watch is to me. The watch band is amazing, it feels like silk and fits well. As cheaply made and generally crappy as the last Timex watch I bought was, this one makes up for it in spades and the fact that it's so inexpensive (mine was more at the fancy store) makes me want to buy back-ups for the future where watches are rationed because time is slipping away.
review image
on November 15, 2011
Color Name: Fuchsia
Men & Women are exactly the same size (38x10mm), but men has grey, white & black dial, and women just white!
There is one that seem to be beige in the pictures, but it's not, it's white! so if you want to get grey or black, just get the men watch and buy some J crew straps
Straps are 20 mm, the only difference is men is a little longer.

"Switch out the strap and give your watch a whole new look. Compatible with our Timex® military watch,
Timex vintage field army watch and Timex Andros watch. Poly. Import. 10 5/8"L x 3/4"W. Fits all 18mm watches."
[..]
[..]
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 24, 2012
Color Name: Black/BlackVerified Purchase
I was looking for a nice casual watch I could wear when I don't want to be too flashy. I also wanted the watch to be "expendable". The plastic webbing band and utilitarian face combined with a little shine on the case fit the looks department. At around $25, it wouldn't be a tragedy to replace either.

Readability:
The watch has an Indiglo light, but you won't ever need to use it except in pitch black because the watch hands have a mirror finish that will catch almost any light. When not even a glimmer of light is around to reflect, the face light clearly illuminates without being distractingly bright. In short, you would have to be practically blind to not be able to read the watch in just a glance in any lighting condition, which is something I can't say for many watches I have worn before.

Comfort:
I generally have trouble wearing watches, they tend to bother my wrist. I have no trouble with this watch! Between the light weight and plastic webbing strap, I can even sleep with it on.

Appearance & sound:
I have received a number of complements on this watch. Ticking is audible but low, shouldn't be a problem unless you sleep with it on your pillow.

Time:
I have had the watch now for a couple of weeks, and it hasn't lost any time at all. Not that I really expected it to, but I felt it was worth mentioning in a review for a watch.
on February 20, 2013
Color Name: Olive GreenVerified Purchase
I consider myself a minimalist, and this watch fits that style. After work, I usually just strip down to nothing, but the watch, oh the watch stays on baby.
on September 30, 2011
Color Name: PurpleVerified Purchase
I love this watch! I needed something that would keep the metal back off my wrist, so this seemed perfect. J.Crew sells several $100 - $200 versions of this Timex. I have no idea how they are selling any when you can get this nearly identical version for less than $30. This watch has a pretty large face. I would guess it is 1.5 inches across. I have the purple watch band, which I love, and hope to purchase some of the cute J.Crew bands that they come out with - if they fit (I don't see why they wouldn't). Super cute watch!
on December 28, 2012
Color Name: Cream/Silver/OliveVerified Purchase
Pros:
1. Accurate (15 sec slow after two months)
2. Low price
3. Clean, no frills face. The red second hand and cream face remind me of a school room clock.
4. Indiglo is really bright
5. Large, colorful collection of straps to pick from. I bought an extra beige strap from Target.
6. Straps are comfy.

Cons:
1. Ticking is insanely loud. Sometimes due to physical environment (cold air, enclosed space, quiet room). Sometimes due to mental issues (10 minutes left on engineering/math exam with ~40% of the test blank, trying to fall asleep).
2. Strap is uncomfortable for a day.

Note: If you don't mind the ticking, use can use it to psych out the students around you.
on June 12, 2014
Color Name: Black/BlackVerified Purchase
This watch has absolutely everything a normal person needs in a watch. If you need more, there's a good chance that people talk about you behind your back - and not about good stuff.

1. This purely analog. Why is that good? I'll tell you why - nobody needs digital. If you need to know that it's 10:12 and not 10:15, you're going to die of a heart ache due to stress. If someone asks you what time it is and you say "10:12", they're going to look at you like you're crazy. Just say, "around 10:15" and get on with your life.

2. This also has the digits for "military time", aka: the time most of the rest of the world uses, yet most of us too stubborn to use. Have you ever set your alarm for 7AM only to mix up the AM and the PM and be late for work? You know why? Because you're a stubborn American so don't go complaining about foreigners "taking our jobs" when you're lazy to switch to "military time" and be done with that issue forever.

3. There is no timer, no calendar, no phases of the moon and all that other nonsense.
- You need a timer? Hint: if the second hand is on the 9/21, it takes 30 seconds for it to get to the 3/15. If it's somewhere else, do the math and repeat.
- You need to know what the date is? Look at a calendar. It's going to mess up in February, April, June, September and November anyways. You're more likely to get the wrong date than say, "Boy, I'm glad I know the date!" Like anyone uses checks anymore anyways. You're on Amazon so there's a chance you haven't filled out a check in years.
- Need to know the phases of the moon? Look up in the sky. It's not rocket science - it's astronomy.

3. The look doesn't make you look like you're in love with you.
It's chrome with a black face, white numbers, black band and a red second hand. There's nothing pompous about this tool for time calculation and nobody will want to steal it. Why not? Because it looks practical and practical people work jobs and don't steal watched.

4. The face glows.
You push the one knob on it and the face illuminates so you can see how long it's been since you purchased such a practical watch - day or night.

5. It's water resistant.
I didn't say water proof, so don't go diving with it - though I'm sure it'd be fine if you swam in the pool with it or forgot to take it off before you got in the shower. You probably won't shower with it on because you're not Jason Bourne. You're probably Ken from Marketing.

6. The strap/band is no nonsense.
- Are you a vegan? Lucky you because no animals were killed in the making of your killer watch - unless you count the dinosaurs that became the oil that made the nylon.
- Is the band stinking because you've doing manly things in it like carrying bags up cat food up to your upstairs apartment in the middle of July? No problem - it slips right off and you can wash it with any soap you want. No more fiddling with pins that shoot off like missile into your carpet, never to be seen again until they destroy your vacuum cleaner a month later.
- Is it wearing out? Yes, the nylon is a touch cheap, so it may fray. You can either singe it with a lighter or you can replace it. Just look for "Timex Weekend band" on Amazon and $8 and 2 days later (if you have Prime) you'll have a new band that you can slip on in literally 3 seconds.

7. It doesn't take pretending like you read the directions to set.
One knob - got it? You pull it away from the watch and set it to whatever the hell time it is. Just push it back in and you're set. No AM/PM nonsense to deal with, but I already mentioned that.

Conclusion:
If you want a watch that sync with your digestive system and reports back to the mothership so you can sync your iTunes library of Puddle of Mudd's Greatest Hits, this isn't the watch for you. If you want a watch that will tell you the time when you look at it, night or day, this is your lucky day, bud. I'm sorry that it doesn't tell you which way is North or tell others how much money you make, but if you need that, it's probably "time" for you to get realistic about the purpose of a watch. :)
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...