5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, even better value.
Published 21 months ago by Andrew Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars ONE LOUD WATCH!
Published 16 months ago by JONATHEN

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, even better value., March 26, 2013
Andrew Smith (Pennsylvania, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timex Unisex T2P1429J "Weekender" Watch with Navy and Yellow Nylon Band (Watch)
It's hard to find a more stylish watch for the price. Looks similar to the "Timex Military Watch" being sold at J. Crew (although not as "vintage"), but at one-fifth the price. Although I've only owned the watch for a few weeks, it has kept time perfectly. It's nice to see such a low-priced watch with the hands aligned correctly (i.e. second hand is aligned perfectly with the marks around the face, minute hand is properly aligned based on position of second hand, etc.). Also, the Indiglo feature on the watch is another nice bonus.

However, as other reviewers of the Timex Weekender series have noted, it is loud. You won't notice it on your wrist, but it may be an issue if you try to sleep with it on your nightstand.

You can easily find a number of NATO straps on amazon or elsewhere to make the watch endlessly customizable, or, as I prefer, you can buy the Timex ZULU straps which are made for the watch here at amazon or at Target (which I've found to be more substantial and easier to switch out).

Overall, a great value and a very stylish watch. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great "weekend" watch!, July 17, 2013
On Saturday morning, it's nice to change up the suit and tie and throw on the jeans, a casual shirt, and this watch. It's casual, but in a fashionable way. The austere face is classic, the blue second hand gives a slight nod to the blued steel second hands on a fine Swiss piece, and the nylon strap takes it down a notch, the simplicity makes it look rich. There's also something nice about wearing a classic American value brand for what it does best, tell basic, accurate time. Really love this watch and was surprised to press the crown and see the bright indiglo face. The yellow on the strap, is as I hoped very faint, and could just easily pass for natural white. The strap is comfortable, although I have very small wrists for a 6'2" 220lb man and I am at the midway point on the notches, so an exceptionally large guy could find the strap a bit small. Reading some of the other reviews, I was a bit worried about the volume of the ticking, but it has not bothered me. If you hold it up to your ear, it is faintly louder than a normal watch, but you certainly would not hear it through normal wear. I did a "highly scientific analysis", in a quiet room, I stopped hearing the tick at about 20" from my ear; your call if that's a deal breaker. My wife continues to make comments about how much she likes this watch as an alternative to the more formal weekday wear and I completely agree. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a casual, basic watch at a great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty stylish., May 24, 2014
I bought this watch on Amazon the other day just to have a complementary accessory to some of my casual outfits. Quick delivery, looks great and fits nicely. This watch ticks pretty loudly. It makes me want to grow older and have a child. I want that child to do something wrong one day. I want him to sit there as I scold him. For an hour. Then I will stop talking, while he sits in the corner. Silently whimpering. No one says anything. All you can hear is the ticking of the watch. The ticking eats away at him because he knows there's more to come. He's too young to have a good concept of time but he knows he'll be there for a while, in this temporary hell, regretting his stupid decision that put him in that situation in the first place.

It also has a pretty cool back-light!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and affordable, March 25, 2013
Bottom line, this is a great watch -- love the styling and overall aesthetic of it. I've wanted a watch like this since I saw all of the Ralph Lauren models wearing them in the ads. I doubt they were wearing a $35 timex, but the effect is the same. This watch gets many compliments, to say the least.

The bands are very easy to change, and new bands can be picked up affordably. Another reviewer commented that the bands were too short...they must have gorilla wrists. I have average to small sized wrists, but I still have 6 holes left to extend the band -- this watch should fit just about everyone.

The indiglo feature is very nice for checking the time in the dark. It lights up very brightly though, so careful in the movie theaters. The only downside I can see to is it that it ticks very loudly. So loudly that I don't leave it on the nightstand, I have to stash it in my bathroom or closet when I sleep.

Great $35 spent on this one, should get many years of style out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, summer fashion, May 26, 2014
I tried really hard to keep away from posting a "Timex is Timeless" tagline.

I'm a pretty big fashion head, but I hate spend a lot of money. For the price-point, this watch is classy, clean, high quality, and just a great piece that is both functional (because it's a watch, duh), and fashionable.

Quick pros:
-The interchangeable straps. If you're someone who like to put in the extra touch for outfits, this is a no-brainer. You really only need three, and maybe a 20 dollar investment, and really makes this your only necessary watch for the summer/fall/spring.
-The light up face. It's a small touch, but lighting up at the touch of a button is nice in the dark. That said, it's not a tacky glow in the dark face, so it keeps it simple.
-Weight. I'm wearing this all summer in the Chicago heat. I'd like to not feel shackled.

Everything else is in order. The watch is typical timex quality, and for 25 dollars, an absolute steal. Other fashion-head-friends were asking me where I got the watch and wondering how much it was because it came off as more expensive. I'm a fan.

2.0 out of 5 stars ONE LOUD WATCH!, August 19, 2013
I loved almost everything about it— nice quality, not too flashy, yet good looking. The thing is, this watch ticks like an old wall clock— it's so loud I couldn't ignore it and it drove me crazy. I had to return it in the end. The only other tiff I had was that the middle ban was more yellow than it appears in the photo, which small change wasn't great in my eyes. Even so, the quality (apart from the sound) was really great, so if ticking doesn't bother you, go for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars can't be better, great item, November 13, 2014
bong, gui jong (Suwon, Kyoung-ki do Korea (South)) - See all my reviews
same as the image. can't be better, great item!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good looking affordable watch, January 24, 2014
This watch is the perfect combo of looks and function. Really appreciate how minimalist the face is, and having it be waterproof was a must for me. The indiglo is incredibly bright (brighter than my Timex Ironman) and very useful at night. I have not tried swapping out bands but it should be super easy to swap out bands as it just slips underneath the watch face (rather than having to disconnect and connect spring pins as in most other watches).

My only minor complaint is that it ticks quite loudly. I can hear it in when I am in my office over the background noise and at night its quite noticeable. Definitely not a deal breaker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Put the fun back in summer TIME, July 11, 2014
APIMom1999 "wolfsky" (Memphis, Tn United States) - See all my reviews
This Timex watch harkens me back to my preppy high school days. The watch itself is simple yet adult enough that I wear it to work as well as at play. The weekender series watch bands are a great way to mix it up, especially during the fun summer months. Any 20mm thru watch band will work and I've found several great ones here on amazon. For summertime style and comfort paired with a simple time piece at a basement price there isn't another watch I would consider.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, May 12, 2013
I've had this watch for about two weeks, and I couldn't be more pleased. It is a great watch for casual or sporty wear. It looks good, it is accurate, comfortable to wear, and easy to read even in the dark. And for the price, it is hard to beat. Highly recommended.