Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on June 3, 2011
With over 7 years of daily running or triathlon training, I can say this watch is perfect for any athlete. I love it so much, I have purposely sought out buying it for a third time! The first one was left in a locker room, and the second was dropped in a lake lol.

Pros:
- Easy to read, customizable layout.
- tons of splits (more than enough for an Ironman triathlon; taking a split for swim, t1, bike, t2, and each mile of the marathon)
- Very waterproof; I do all my swim practices with it! It even held up with a cracked face (my fault).
- VELCRO! I love the comfort of the cloth and the complete adjustability of the sturdy velcro. Plastic wristbands are uncomfortable IMO.
- Long battery life. You will lose this thing sooner than the battery will die (lol). My 2nd one lasted over 4 years.
- Compact design, great for swimming

Cons:
- Fabric wristband can be uncomfortable to some.
- Doesn't float in lakes (lol)

From a triathlete's perspective, this watch is everything I need it to be. And it's cheap enough that I didn't freak out after losing it twice. I wear it all the time. I race and train with it every time. I even have a watch tan from wearing this thing so much. Great product, great price.
on October 9, 2012
First of all, the service from Amazon: simply perfect, as usual.
The watch itself disappointed me a litlle bit. I bought it for my 12 years old son, thinking in my former Ironman. The features were exactly the same and hope it will last for many years also. But is aspect is much more "plastic". I've chosen this model cause of the central key to start the count down, and the velcro strap, very useful and confortable when racing optimist boats.
I'll give it to my son as his birthday present, next month. I'm sure he will like it, because he always wanted a watch like mine, but less bulky (it's a "unisex" size, therefore smaller)

Now, with just 6 month of wearing it, the silver finish has almost completly gone, the velcro strap is not reliable any more. and some small drops of water appeared inside. I won't buy it again
on October 10, 2015
This is my second one of this model. I really love this watch. It does everything I want in a watch and more. I really love the fact that the band utilizes a velcro closure instead of your typical watch band. That makes it easily adjustable when my wrist swells. I haven't been able to figure out how to activate the Indiglo Nightlight feature using the flick technology. My last one finally died after owning it for over ten years. And I didn't even change the battery once in all those years. I've kept that watch with intentions of getting the battery replaced sooner or later, but the band is starting to split apart after so much wear. I thought it would be a better use of my time if I just replaced the whole watch with the exact same model; since this one never failed me. So happy I found it and bought it. I'm in love again and will never get any other kind as long as this one is still available. I wore my old watch all the time and everywhere and in all situations. Even for dress up events out. I know, I know, maybe it's not dressy but who am I trying to impress? I just want a watch to tell me the time when I need it and fit my wrist like a glove and this watch does that for me. What do others think of this watch? Well I leave the hourly chime on and when it goes off around others people ask me about my watch and I tell them. That's when I find out how much they like it too and want one. No wonder whenever I try to find another it's often sold out. Must be a good watch if it's sold out so often, don't you agree?
on April 10, 2007
The watch is still a little large for my wrist, but I have really small wrists. I was disappointed that the strap does not appear to come off easily, so it may be difficult to replace once this one gets dirty. However, for the price, it looks like it will be a pretty good, long-lived, functional watch for outdoor activities. I found it pretty easy to set-up the flip-wrist indiglo activation, but it's not a delicate maneuver. The watch is light weight and comfortable on my wrist. I can't find one I like any better for the price.
on January 18, 2007
It is hard to find a watch that is sporty, can fit smaller wrists, and is functional but not too big. The face on this Timex is bigger and easier to read. The feature that is really neat is the Indiglo light that can be turned on with a flick of your wrist.
on July 31, 2014
Original description of this item stated it was FLIX enabled. I ordered it partly for that reason. Turns out, it is not a FLIX watch (or at least the one I received). Seller has since lowered price from 39.99 to 37.50 but not taken the FLIX note out of the description, nor was the erroneous "50-lap" statement changed. The watch provides a 30 lap recall.

As this is a replacement for my current one (my fifth or sixth now), I can't say much more than I buy it because I only can some of the features (multiple alarm options, three different time zone settings - which helps with keeping track of time when dealing with family and friends in different time zones) in a single relatively low cost watch in this one.

As with all prior ones, the main issue I have with my current (heading for the trash heap soon) Timex Ironman is the cheap band loop (atop of the watch in the picture). If one is rough on the watch, it will tear relatively quickly. Unfortunately, it is not replaceable or repairable, hence my large number of watches I've gone through.
This semi-frequent breakage (3 - 4 years is a good life span for this watch in my possession) brought my rating down to 4 stars. Overall, the watch functions are 5 stars, but the band attachment on the top needs work by Timex.

Also, the Fast Wrap on these watches cannot be changed (or only with great work). So far, I never had to change it, as the other part(s) break first.

A last issue with this watch is that the buttons eventually become difficult to push and often refuse to respond to pressure. SOMEtimes cleaning the gap between housing and button helps, but more often, they get stuck and quit.

Nonetheless, for my rugged lifestyle, it is a great watch and I will come back and buy another eventually. Just wished this had the FLIX feature. .
on December 17, 2009
My ancient digital Timex Ironman was giving out and I needed to find a replacement. I wanted the same thing I had, which was a digital 30 lap with a Velcro band and large display. Through searching, I located only two and decided on this model. It offers indiglo with a twist, it can also be activated with a snap of the wrist without the need to push a button. It also offers: chrono, occasion reminders, alarm 1, alarm 2 & alarm 3 options. I'm very happy with my choice of this watch!
on December 5, 2013
I bought this because I have had similar timex's before. I like this one cause its smaller in overall size. I have really given it a workout but, it keeps on going. 6/9/2014 As a follow up on my initial review, the band split apart at the end, I glued it, and it is ok now, but now, from wear the velcro isn't holding tight anymore, I need a new band. but, i don't know if it is replaceble on this model.
on May 21, 2010
The watch/face is much smaller than I thought it would be. I am 5'10 and 160 lbs so I am not a big guy, but when I opened the box I immediately gave it to my wife. She loves it (so the rating is correct for the watch, but the size is wrong for a man).
on January 12, 2015
This watch is lightweight, comfortable, and has a great battery life. I really like the "ironman" feature set (start button on front, chrono, alarms, etc.). It is smaller than what has become the norm for "mens" watches and I think this is a good thing. It doesn't get in the way as much and the numbers are just as big and easy to read. Why carry around the extra plastic? If you have particularly large forearms you might not be able to wear this but I suspect that many people who actually run / swim / bike have the physique where this isn't a problem. It is fine for me (an athletic build 6' male).

See 1 answered question