Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on October 24, 2012
I have too many watches. So of course, I just added a second Timex Weekender to my collection. My first watch was a Timex in the 1970s, back when you still had to wind the mechanical movement. This is only my third Timex, and is easily one of the least expensive watches I own.

It's a nicely made, really good looking casual watch and a fantastic value. The black nylon band is flexible and has an orange stripe running down the center with a gray stripe on either side of the orange. The case (38mm diameter) has a glossy smoked chrome finish, and it has a stainless-steel back. The face is a nicely done black/charcoal gray color with light gray numbers. The hands are simple light-gray units. Pushing in the crown activates the Timex Indiglo backlight system that makes it really easy to read in the dark. The watch doesn't have a date display. The band has a shiny smoked-chrome buckle and two smoked-chrome loops that cleverly fold down to secure the end of the strap.

The Weekender a little smaller in diameter than most of my watches, and thinner too. It feels good on my wrist though and I think it successfully avoids screaming "I was really cheap." The strap loops under the watch case, making it easy to remove. It will fit on any of the 20mm "NATO" nylon watch bands that are available on countless colors. Timex did a great job on this Weekender, the design is classic and timeless...no pun intended. And at these prices, it is a wonderful value that looks like it costs more than it does. That doesn't happen very often these days. Highly recommended.
on July 19, 2013
I got some compliments from the girls at work.. so yea, it's cool like that. If only my face would get the same treatment.
on July 26, 2013
I already had this watch in the white dial with blue/grey strap. I had bought it for travel and it was a great little watch. Then my wife borrowed it and I never got it back. I finally decided to get a replacement. I found this one and I like it even more. The dark face has a more sophisticated look. I think this is the best watch you can get under $50.
on July 11, 2013
I needed a simple, yet stylish everyday watch and did a lot of research prior to buying this Timex Weekender. So far I am not disappointed with my choice.

I like the simple, yet understated and elegant black/charcoal gray face, numerals and hands and Timex's Indiglo back-lighting system works very well, making the face easy to read in darkness. Given that I wanted something simple, the lack of a date display is not an issue for me. I also like that the case is slightly smaller than typical - far too many watches today are oversized for no reason other than some sort of intrinsic 'bling value' IMO..

The watch looks to be well made and came well packed. The black nylon band looks fine, though it being made in China (the watch itself was made in the Philippines), means how long it will last is an unknown. Since the band is a standard 20mm NATO size, there are many sources for replacements should the need arise. I am careful with what I own so more than likely both the watch and band will provide me with good service.

Thought not expensive, overall Timex did a great job on their Weekender series. I looked at several of the band & strap color / style combinations - all look classic and timeless and not cheap like many other budget watches.

I had a discount credit from Amazon, so this watch ended up costing just under $25 with shipping, which for something so nice looking and apparently well made is just an amazing value.

Overall I can highly recommend this watch.
on January 7, 2014
I really like the band for this watch and the look of the face. It looks good and is very low profile. The big down side for me is that the watch is simply too loud, The ticking is louder than any watch I have ever owned. It is a disappointment as I like the appearance and clean design of the watch. I just can't imagine wearing this in my quiet office without getting comments from my coworkers.
on January 20, 2014
I like this watch for the following reasons
- Dark dial
- Simple font face
- Glow in the dark

Things I don't like so much:
- Makes a moderately quiet ticking noise. It's okay, but if you don't like ticking don't get this watch. You can hear it if it's quieter than your typical office environment.
- The light actually hurts readability of the dial/numbers unless you are in extremely dark conditions.
- The design of the "4" numeral gets kind of weird the longer I look at it.

None of these are dealbreakers though. Worth the price, just.
on February 7, 2014
I gave up wearing a watch at the beginning of the cell phone era. But lately I've been missing it so I decided to get a watch.

This has been a perfect fit for me. I wear it all the time (except showers and washing dishes because of the cloth band).
-The size of the face is perfect for my slim wrist.
-The band is comfortable
- The numbers are easy to read (and it has nice small size 24 hr. time which can come in handy)
- Soft indiglo backlight is great.
- Face seems pretty durable. No scratches yet to speak of.

Downsides:
So far the only thing I see being a problem down the road is the cloth band might wear out. It's fine so far but I see some slight fraying around wear the clasp bar goes through the hole.

Don't know how long the battery will last but it's been going strong for a two months. I can post an update when it dies.
on August 3, 2013
I think this watch is fantastic. I'm a lady with small wrists so it makes the watch face look huge which I like. The band is sturdy and cute colors. I wear this watch daily and on hikes and day trips. I wore it to work once and my coworker liked it so much, he had me order one for him. The band was actually too long for my taste so I cut the end off, rounded it, and burned the edge to seal it. It's perfect now.
on July 5, 2013
I bought this particular watch mainly for the darker metal bezel. I like the color of the band as well. Reading the other reviews, though, I knew before buying that I would most likely be replacing the band due to the sub-par quality. The hole I use for the strap size I need started fraying within the first day or two. It still works and is not stretched that I can tell, it just looks cheap now. The face itself is great and keeps good time. As others have said, the actual movement is louder than any watch I have ever had. Not unbearable, but noticeable in quieter environments.
on October 9, 2012
Very nice and slick design. The strap is strong and well made. And at that price, I would be hard press to find a better bargain.

See 1 answered question